[stickymayhem] tranquill - IC/OOC Ban?

Appeals which have been closed.
Tranquill

[stickymayhem] tranquill - IC/OOC Ban?

Post by Tranquill » #428682

Post Content:

Byond account and character name: Tranquill - Blob (at the time)

Banning admin: stickymayhem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Ingame, Sybil server

Ban reason and length: Blatant IC in OOC complaining about getting killed by a beam rifle - 30 minutes

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1:25pm CST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: When I was playing as a blob, the wizard and another engineer were both blasting me with particle rifles, very annoying, so I accidentally typed in OOC, instead of blob chat, "That particle rifle is a little bs" into OOC chat and got instabanned for it. There were no words said by another staff or anything, just boom, banned. I find that a little harsh when we were over an hour into the round, and I was playing the blob too, fighting off the station people and wizard.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've seen people say much worse in OOC, but didn't get banned, and it's not like I revealed anything to anyone, it was a very undetailed OOC message about the particle rifle being bs? I've seen people complain about wizards and nukie ops in OOC, but never received any bans. I was playing the blob, and the admin said I was complaining about getting killed? No, I didn't get killed by one at all, but I was trying to say in blob chat that they're bullshit, because the wizard and another engineer was blasting me with them. I just think the whole ban, even though it's 30 minutes, is still pretty harsh for something so small.
Last edited by Tranquill on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [stickymayhem] tranquill - IC/OOC Ban?

Post by Arianya » #428686

Realistically no ban appeal gets resolved in less then a day, much less an hour.

Unless you're challenging the note associated with the ban then there's nothing really to be done here.

Additionally, the circumstance of IC in OOC doesn't really matter. It's simply not allowed, full stop. If you see others ick ocking feel free to ahelp it, but it doesn't make it okay for you to do the same.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Tranquill

Post by Tranquill » #428687

Arianya wrote:Realistically no ban appeal gets resolved in less then a day, much less an hour.

Unless you're challenging the note associated with the ban then there's nothing really to be done here.

Additionally, the circumstance of IC in OOC doesn't really matter. It's simply not allowed, full stop. If you see others ick ocking feel free to ahelp it, but it doesn't make it okay for you to do the same.
I'm not saying IC/OOC is okay, I am just saying that I think the whole thing on my record is harsh. I said particle rifles are bs and that automatically constitutes as IC in OOC? I bet everyone on the station knew there were particle rifles, but even if you didn't, my statement was so general that I could have just been complaining about the game in general..
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #428696

Arianya wrote:Realistically no ban appeal gets resolved in less then a day, much less an hour.

The following changes have been made:
The Policy now also covers admins in the Ban Appeals subforums, a similar change is being added to the Admin Complaints subforum. Unless they are the banning admin, a headmin or a Game Master they too must follow the Policy.

Also the time period limit for a thread with no activity is being shortened from a month maximum to a week maximum.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #428697

A 30 minute ban is tiny. We have zero tolerance for a reason. You died to beam rifles as blob and complained about it. I'd give a similar ban to anyone else I saw doing it.

Maybe in the future, ahelp if you see someone do it instead of screeching ick ock or ignoring it.

There is literally no good reason to talk about the round outside of the game. There is no excuse. It's never necessary. Wait until round end, nothing anyone has to say is more important than that rule frankly.

If you feel like it's harsh, just don't do it again.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #428773

D&B wrote:

The following changes have been made:
The Policy now also covers admins in the Ban Appeals subforums, a similar change is being added to the Admin Complaints subforum. Unless they are the banning admin, a headmin or a Game Master they too must follow the Policy.

Also the time period limit for a thread with no activity is being shortened from a month maximum to a week maximum.
Stating rules is allowed per Anon/peanut policy which is why your post isn't deleted (although it did give me a good chuckle).

Please keep the rules/policy/precedent pertinent to the note from here on out though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #429807

You broke a rule and got banned. Appeal denied.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes