[saegrimr] Zack The Zapper - Banned for multikeying?

Appeals which have been closed.
Zack
Byond Username: Zack The Zapper

[saegrimr] Zack The Zapper - Banned for multikeying?

Post by Zack » #428901

Byond account and character name: zackthezapper - Michael Korsovik/Contemplates Suicide
Banning admin: saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): sybil? the game servers.
Ban reason and length: Multikeying, permanent. Full reason: "You, or another user of this computer or connection (sausablitz) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Multikeying in the same round. This ban (BanID #23821) was applied by saegrimr on 2016-02-22 01:11:22 during round ID 0, this is a permanent ban."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): I have absolutely no idea. The ban says sometime in 2016. What the fuck.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I wasn't even playing when this ban was placed.
Your side of the story: I woke up to this ban today. I have no idea who sausablitz is and to my knowledge nobody in this neck of the woods hotel also plays SS13 coincidentally on the same IP. If by sheer coincidence I'm wrong then that's why. I have been playing on sybil for multiple years and have not recieved a permanent ban, I know it's not fair to use playtime as an excuse, but why would I multikey? The answer is because I did not. I have no reason to. I have been noteless for the past entire year because I don't break the rules. I know it's frowned upon to talk about admin matters in discord but I asked about my ban and someone said "they found out you are mrty". I also have no idea who that is either.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't know how you got the idea I multikeyed but please consider the possibility this was a false-positive. I've been playing on this server for multiple years and would have no reason to multikey. I also feel the need to stress the fact I was not even playing when this ban was (re?)placed.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [saegrimr] Zack The Zapper - Banned for multikeying?

Post by BeeSting12 » #428905

So youre not playing on the same IP youre normally on? Your account standing in the database is not banned and I see no bans there. My best guess is that you played on the same IP as someone whomst was IP banned
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Zack
Byond Username: Zack The Zapper

Post by Zack » #428906

Considering this ban started appearing after a recent thunderstorm and computer restart I'm guessing I just won the worst lottery.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #428921

Zack wrote:Considering this ban started appearing after a recent thunderstorm and computer restart I'm guessing I just won the worst lottery.
This looks like exactly what happened. The ban can probably be lifted.

What's odd is that the IP attached to the ban that caught you doesn't appear on your ckey. I'm guessing this is because the code responsible for logging your IP on the connection runs *AFTER* the code that checks if your IP is banned (and boots you before your connection is logged).
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #429016

Lifted, unless a headmin wants to come beat me up and take my lunch money.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,