Appeals which have been closed.
zxc

[Aurx] Perma Banned?

Post by zxc » #42304

Byond account and character name: GrimReaper05 , Honktastical

Banning admin: Aurx

Ban reason and length:

"You have been banned by aurx.
Reason: As clown, got all-access, went for the armory and started slipping the warden, screamed about being killed when arrested. Ban placed as perma due to 27-Oct-2014 note by creationpro indicating heavy probation. "

Time ban was placed: 2014-11-9 8:30 PM PST

Your side of the story: Alright, here's the story. I load up SS13, and declare ready. I see I get clown and decide to try and ask around for an all access ID. The HoP says he'll give me an all access ID if I get approved by the captain. I ask the captain and he say's that CentCom has been on his ass for Sexual Harassment. What does this have to do with me? Well he want's me to become a Sexual Harassment Advisor or something. I decided to take up the job, he stamps my paper and I get an all access ID from the HoP. I decide to do what any clowns wet dream is and go fuck with the brig, because shitcurity. I walk in and head to the wardens office. I try to explain to Security what the difference between Sexual Harassment, and a harmless prank is by slipping him on a banana peel when the HoS comes in and freaks out and cuffs me. I scream over radio "HELP, THE HOS IS SEXUALLY HARASSING ME!" when he says to me in game, "That's it, I was just going to brig you, but now I can't" or something like that. That's when I thought "Oh fuck, this guy is going to execute me." I say over radio, "HELP! THE HOS IS GOING TO KILL ME!" when the captain comes in and orders the HoS to stop whatever he is doing. The HoS disobeys a direct order and takes me to permabrig. Shortly after being locked up, I get bwoinked. "Why were you in the armory?" Well, I'd like to think that the Wardens office and the Armory are two different things but I could be wrong. Anyways, a security officer eventually feels bad for me and lets me go. I walk to the HoP to get a new regular ID because the HoS has taken mine when I get perma-banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I broke any rules. I obtained the ID through in-game roleplay means and went to the brig to initiate more roleplay (and troll slightly, I do admit). The ban says I was directly in the armory when I never even touched the window to the armory. The only thing I did was : enter brig, slip warden, try to explain the difference between grabbing someones dick and pulling a prank but am getting stunned. I did freak out a little over radio but from what the HoS was saying it sounded like he was going to kill me. He seemed so aggressive in his wording and he was calling me a faggt the entire time. I would accept the Perma-Ban if I had really broken a rule but I don't think I did. I realize I was on probation from a perma ban, but since I got unbanned like two weeks ago I haven't even had one bwoink. I've followed every rule, etc. I really think that this ban was uncalled for. Anyways, that's basically it.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: [Aurx] Perma Banned?

Post by Aurx » #42602

>I decide to do what any clowns wet dream is and go fuck with the brig, because shitcurity.
Did you have any evidence of shitcurity in-round at the time?

>I scream over radio "HELP, THE HOS IS SEXUALLY HARASSING ME!" when he says to me in game, "That's it, I was just going to brig you, but now I can't" or something like that. That's when I thought "Oh fuck, this guy is going to execute me." I say over radio, "HELP! THE HOS IS GOING TO KILL ME!" when the captain comes in and orders the HoS to stop whatever he is doing.
[23:00:20]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : Everybody, back to work
[23:00:23]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : I'll handle this clown.
[23:00:24]SAY: Honktastical/GrimReaper05 : And I will leave
[23:00:24]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : Literally.
[23:00:33]SAY: Honktastical/GrimReaper05 : CAPTAIN HELP HOS IS KILLING ME
[23:00:35]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : Did you hear me, back to work
[23:00:41]SAY: Honktastical/GrimReaper05 : HES SEXUALLY HARASSING ME
[23:00:43]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : That's it.
[23:00:50]SAY: Myriam Rathens/HotelBravoLima : I was going to give you ten minutes and leave it at that, you faggot.
Any comments on the difference between your version of events and the logs?

>and went to the brig to initiate more roleplay
>and go fuck with the brig, because shitcurity

> He seemed so aggressive in his wording and he was calling me a faggt the entire time.
The first instance of the word "faggot" by the HoS came after you screamed about him killing you over comms.

>I realize I was on probation from a perma ban, but since I got unbanned like two weeks ago I haven't even had one bwoink.
Appeal thread wherein that probation was placed clearly denotes it as indefinite.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
zxc

Post by zxc » #42632

>Did you have any evidence of shitcurity in-round at the time?

Well, the clown usually messes with authority and slips them on banana peels, it's fairly common, at least every clown slips at least one security guard every shift.

>Any comments on the difference between your version of events and the logs?

I don't think there is anything too major, the only thing different I see is I said he was killing me before he said he was going to perma brig me. He was alluding at killing me before that though. The order of events are a little bit mixed up, but not much. I just couldn't remember if I said that before or after he said "That's it".

>and went to the brig to initiate more roleplay
>and go fuck with the brig, because shitcurity

I don't know what you mean here, I said this and it was true. I went to the brig, and by messing with them I slipped the warden on a bananapeel. I initiated more roleplay by attempting to try and explain the difference between a harmless prank and sexual-harassment. I even started more roleplay by getting perma-brigged, though this wasn't my intention when I went in.

>The first instance of the word "faggot" by the HoS came after you screamed about him killing you over comms.

Again, I couldn't really remember exactly what he said. I tried my best to try and retell it as accurately as I could, but I can't remember every detail a couple of hours after it happened.

>Appeal thread wherein that probation was placed clearly denotes it as indefinite.

I know it was a perma probation, but I was just using that as a fact I wasn't intentionally breaking rules nor am I an intentional rule breaker. I've scanned the rules countless times today and I still don't see a rule I broke. I simply used my all access ID to get into the wardens office and slip him. If it's the radio speech I'm being banned over, I fail to see how wrongly guessing what the HoS plans to do is worse then reading Woody's Got Wood over radio.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #42641

So, in short, all you did was try and invade the brig for the sole reason of "lelclown". You screamed "sexual harassment" which tends to get people lynched. Clown is not a grief role, people aren't allowed to mess with security for no good reason and fucking with security =/= "initiating roleplay".

Is there anything positive you brought to the table through your behaviour? Made anyone's round better but your own's?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
zxc

Post by zxc » #42643

>So, in short, all you did was try and invade the brig for the sole reason of "lelclown".

I don't think I was really invading the brig, I simply walked in with my ID.

>You screamed "sexual harassment" which tends to get people lynched. Clown is not a grief role, people aren't allowed to mess with security for no good reason and fucking with security =/= "initiating roleplay".

I wasn't griefing though, I walked in and slipped a Warden on a banana peel in short. It's not like I went in, looted the armory and set up shit loads of walls or something. I simply slipped them on a banana peel. I guess you could argue the Sexual Harassment thing over the radio was out of line, but I thought it fit my new job I created.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #42647

You failed to give the response to the following question : Is there anything positive you brought to the table through your behaviour? Made anyone's round better but your own's?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
zxc

Post by zxc » #42649

I attempted to, but was arrested. I was being informative about sexual harassment. CentCom reports have probably dropped since I was the advisor.

I was doing what a clown does, why give the banana peel to the clown if slipping someone is banable?
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #42650

That's some shitty roleplay and unfunny clowning. I don't see a good reason to lift this, it's up to Aurx now.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

<antonkr> ;_;
zxc

Post by zxc » #42838

I'd like to hear Aurx weigh into this again, then, because I'd like to further discuss the matter.
zxc

Post by zxc » #42841

Ah, I asked Hornygranny and I went over the rules with him and saw the security policy. I must have missed it since I never play Security and thought I could just skip over that section of the rules. I see exactly what rules I broke (If a person is intentionally fucking with security is yelling "rogue sec" or something similar, adminhelp it. This can be punished with a rule 1 violation ban.) and hope Sexual Harassment Advisor Clown isn't my downfall. I'm sorry for arguing with you all, and sorry for wasting everybody's time.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #43026

I'm inclined to agree with CreationPro and say I dont' see any reason to lift this at the moment, but if you play on some other server for a couple months and can get them to vouch that you're a reasonable player, I'd be fine lifting it.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN