Appeals which have been closed.
High Impact Dolphin
Byond Username: High Impact Dolphin

[KangTut] High Impact Dolphin - Rule 8 Note Appeal

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #448132

Byond account and character name: High Impact Dolphin; Bingus McGringus
Noting admin: KangTut
Note type: Warning
Note reason: Warned - Sent smut over the comms to allied stations, claims he's done this before and was never called out about it. Seemed apologetic about it.
Time note was placed (including time zone): 2018-09-25 03:11:29 GMT
Server you were playing when noted(Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I sent the first bit of BRAAAP copypasta across the stations through comms and was bwoinked, warned, and noted for it. Later made a policy discussion topic in which Nervere claimed that rule 8 did not cover this
Why you think you should be unnoted: In the aforementioned policy thread, (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=19717), Nervere directly states that "Rule 8 is only for cases of ERP and, for some cases, targeted sexual harassment," and that "[This instance] is not something that falls under this rule." As such, I'd like to ask the note be removed since the ruling has been declared incorrect by a headmin.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [KangTut] High Impact Dolphin - Rule 8 Note Appeal

Post by Cobby » #448153

They ruled that it shouldn't be governed by rule 8, not that the situation wasn't worth admin-attention. "It’s not something that falls under this rule."
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
High Impact Dolphin
Byond Username: High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #448240

Cobby wrote:They ruled that it shouldn't be governed by rule 8, not that the situation wasn't worth admin-attention. "It’s not something that falls under this rule."
Then what made this case worth admin attention if the only rule KangTut cited in ahelps has been deemed to not be appropriate for use in this EXACT instance?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #448241

High Impact Dolphin wrote:
Cobby wrote:They ruled that it shouldn't be governed by rule 8, not that the situation wasn't worth admin-attention. "It’s not something that falls under this rule."
Then what made this case worth admin attention if the only rule KangTut cited in ahelps has been deemed to not be appropriate for use in this EXACT instance?
Spamming
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #448242

It was more for the spam than the smut. We allow reading smut/sending smut but if it gets spammy, it's against the rules. You got the lightest note you could get, he even included the "seemed apologetic" detail.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #448253

Cobby is correct in his interpretation - my ruling defined the correct usage of rule 8 and said that the particular instance brought up in the policy discussion thread is not a rule 8 issue. Just because something is gross and doesn’t fall under that rule, though, doesn’t mean it’s not punishable. In this case, your offense was spamming all 3 stations with a huge wall of text. Spam is a rule 1 issued, and you’re right to say that the note seems to imply the issue was rule 8, so I’ll change the note such that it says your offense was the spam.