Appeals which have been closed.
John Smith
Byond Username: The John Smith

[Nervere] JS38 - Discord Ban

Post by John Smith » #454072

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: JS38#2108
Banning admin (if known): Ari#1000
Time ban was placed (approximate): 6:30 EST
Your side of the story: I was pining the headmins concerning the cat ban in a way that could be construed as annoying.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was being an annoying little shit pinging you guys over a silly vote. I'll stop now. Even though I don't participate much in the community, having access to the discord is important to me. I'm in the credits. This game is important to me.

I'm appealing for the ban to be reduced from 24 hours to something more reasonable, within the range of 30 minuets to an hour.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Discord Ban

Post by Nervere » #454092

You got banned for 24 hours from the Discord because you kept pinging staff over... and over... and over again with stupid stuff. You even got kicked for this, but you persisted in your behavior anyway so I upgraded it to a ban.
At one point, you pinged all of the online admins you could see about catgirls. This isn't acceptable, as per rule 3 of our Discord server:
Discord Rule 3 wrote:3: Abuse of mentions in such a way as to compromise the effectiveness of notifications by creating false positive fatigue will not be allowed.
Your ban stays.

For the outside observer, I've attached an image of the kind of stuff he did that got him this ban.
Attachments
John Smith's best hits, 2018.
John Smith's best hits, 2018.