[Dorsidwarf] Skyglazer - pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Skyglazer
Byond Username: Skyglazer

[Dorsidwarf] Skyglazer - pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad ban

Post by Skyglazer » #455214

Byond account and character name: Skyglazer - various characters, here I was syndrone #something or other from when the spawner was created
Banning admin: Dorsidwarf
Ban type: pAI, posibrain, drones, deathsquad
Ban reason and length: Permanent 'Banned from pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad - Ignored obvious event when spawned on centcom as a syndrone, hacked the centcomm ferry, and immediately assassinated the round's most active traitor, then cremated the body.'
Time ban was placed: 2016-01-25 21:24:16 (Server time)
Server you were playing when banned: Sybil
Your side of the story:

Wowee, 2016. that feels like so long ago now, doesn't it? And this was in the first month of that year, so it's a nearly three-year-old ban. Let's talk about it!

So, like I said, it was a long time ago, but I remember being salty about this ban even when it was first applied to me. Dorsidwarf's "event" didn't really come at much of a warning, and I remember seeing the messages 'syndrone has been created at x location, click to spawn.' I did what any bored ghost would do, and spawned in! Now, I'm not really sure what he had in mind, but he certainly didn't instruct anyone to wait around, and we were literally right next to the ferry. He says in his message that I "hacked it," but in reality, that was as simple as stepping onto the ferry and pressing the "send ferry" button. I'm not saying it wasn't impish of me to assume this is what was intended by admin-spawned syndrones, but there were other drones on the shuttle. Just because I was the one who actually pressed the button doesn't make me a villain, we were ALL misunderstanding the 'event'.

I can't really say much for what would have happened if his vision was seen to its end though, it was a rather chaotic round, and half of the station was engulfed in fire, if I recall correctly. Perhaps not, but I know there was definitely lots of chaos, and the wave of syndrones that had been brought forth through lack of insight just made things a hell of a lot worse. When I actually got onto the station-- I followed syndrone objectives. I broke stuff, I killed people (more than just 'assassinating the round's most active traitor': that makes this sound like I had some sort of grudge on them, I didn't. I'm fairly certain I was an observer this round, or someone who just died randomly in the chaos.) I killed and cremated a bunch of people. When I see syndrones being spawned, they're USUALLY meant to add to the chaos. I just assumed. I was a bit off-course, but I don't think that it was really worthy of a ban, permanent or no. I can understand Dorsidwarf may have been upset and wanted someone to blame for their idea going south. That someone just had to be me, sadly.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

As I've stated before, the actions I took after replying 'yes' to potentially spawning as a syndrone were not massive leaps of logic. I followed my laws, and if the admin did not want me and a bunch of other drones to be unleashed upon the station, he could have very well deleted the shuttle ferry console, spawned us in a different location, deleted us when he realized we were going off course, or any number of other possible solutions. I think a permaban from these roles is a big overreaction to slightly fudging up an event idea in one round, on a Monday night.

Now, that's enough of my flexing my reasons as to how I think the ban is unfair, let me give you some pretty unambiguous reasoning:

It's been nearly three years. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt my past self was being at least a little bit of a shitter, but it's been a long time since then. I've grown, matured, and long-since moved on. I just recently got back into SS13 after a long hiatus and TGstation is still my favorite station to play on, but I'd much prefer to have all the roles available to me. All I ask is a fair consideration of my position, and, if you have it in you, the kindness to give me a fresh start. Thanks for reading.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: [Dorsidwarf] Skyglazer - pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad ban

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #455225

I'll unban you when I get online it's been three years.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [Dorsidwarf] Skyglazer - pAI, posibrain, drone, deathsquad ban

Post by subject217 » #456818

gonna mark this one as resolved