[MrAlphonzo] Ensefalon - Permabanned

Appeals which have been closed.
Ensefalon

[MrAlphonzo] Ensefalon - Permabanned

Post by Ensefalon » #455298

Byond Account: Ensefalon, Character's name: Archon Apollyon^

Banning Admin: MrAlphonzo

Banned from: All tgStation servers

Ban when issued/reason: "Feeding a braindead person copious amounts of meth, killing the bastard seconds before they got back in. Then, before I\\\'m done talking to you, you blow yourself up, creating a gigantic hole in the station, and then disconnect. Don't even get me started on all of your notes. What a trainwreck." Issued on 2018-7-12 at 01:29:38 UTC

Banned while on: Sybil^

My side of the story: I believe I was a victim to unhealthy playing habits and a rather addictive attachment to SS13 that resulted in me losing all sense of maturity towards those who play, which are indeed actual people with lives as well who don't need to fall to the whims of a person who would grief based mainly off of the addiction of adrenaline associated with it. I am aware of this, I took about a 4 month break to pull myself together and I have. I have a lot of apologies to give some people who I may have ended up shorthanding previously as a POS spaceman

**Unknown/unsure information as I lack the ability of obtaining a log/round file and a slight touch of Alzheimer's

Why I should be unbanned: I'd really like to apologize for what I was doing and especially for what I made happened that put me here. I had an extreme addiction to SS13 and the rules that make SS13 a great place didn't seem to matter the more I fell into my impulsive nature. I thought putting a large gap between me and my computer would help me regain my sense of reality and conscious awareness for those who may simply be just 2d spessmen in my eyes. I know where I've gone wrong, and I'd like to come back to everyone and play as a decent CE like I always used to. I really hope the admin board reviews this with leniency as I genuinely come forth differently and changed for the better of the spessmen laity.

EDIT: I should've included the round ID, Here you go: 90892
EDIT NO 2(3rd edit @6:52 UTC 11/18/18), Did some backtracking, Corrected some info I couldn't remember off the top my head(designated with karat)
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Re: [MrAlphonzo] Ensefalon - Permabanned

Post by MrAlphonzo » #455565

I'm having a hard time believing that you had a fully fledged addiction to the game, when your account only has 462 connections.

And I'm even less inclined to take your appeal into consideration, seeing as how you left out the part where you tried to ban evade.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Ensefalon

Post by Ensefalon » #455813

I don't think it's possible to ban evade when you consider how a CID works. Sure a low amount of connections, but i'd spend several hours usually (6+) at a time playing. I fail to see how I'm being accused of ban evasion, I've never even tried evading before. I appeal because what I did back then was stupid as how I handled the sit between you and I, and that's what I am here for.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #455814

Ensefalon wrote:I don't think it's possible to ban evade when you consider how a CID works. Sure a low amount of connections, but i'd spend several hours usually (6+) at a time playing. I fail to see how I'm being accused of ban evasion, I've never even tried evading before. I appeal because what I did back then was stupid as how I handled the sit between you and I, and that's what I am here for.
You get a connection for every round if you play for long periods, as the server restarts
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #455816

Ensefalon wrote:I don't think it's possible to ban evade when you consider how a CID works. Sure a low amount of connections, but i'd spend several hours usually (6+) at a time playing. I fail to see how I'm being accused of ban evasion, I've never even tried evading before. I appeal because what I did back then was stupid as how I handled the sit between you and I, and that's what I am here for.
Two days after you were permanently banned, a ckey by the name of "zorr0" connected to the server and the admin tools notified me that the account was related to yours.

Hypothetically, this could have been some sort of error on the server's part, but that same account never attempted to contest the ban.

Also, since the connection between the client and server is severed upon reboot, one connection typically means one round.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Ensefalon

Post by Ensefalon » #455906

MrAlphonzo wrote:
Two days after you were permanently banned, a ckey by the name of "zorr0" connected to the server and the admin tools notified me that the account was related to yours.

Hypothetically, this could have been some sort of error on the server's part, but that same account never attempted to contest the ban.

Also, since the connection between the client and server is severed upon reboot, one connection typically means one round.
I see what you mean by connections. I've never been affiliated with that account in any way and my current machine is the same machine I've used to connect to the server before and I can't really give you evidence to support that and that's what makes resolving this very difficult.

There's probably some sort of error that may have contributed to this and I'm afraid I can't testify further for it. I would like to continue the appeal for what happened to get me banned during the sit between you and I.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #456107

The way this specifc detection happened is error free.
Ensefalon

Post by Ensefalon » #456118

Dax Dupont wrote:The way this specifc detection happened is error free.
Then I cannot testify further against it
MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #456250

I'm denying this. There simply isn't anything here that proves to me that you will positively contribute to the community.

If you can get admins from some other servers to vouch for you, I might reconsider after some time.

The head admins or host can overrule.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:
Ensefalon

Post by Ensefalon » #456388

MrAlphonzo wrote:I'm denying this. There simply isn't anything here that proves to me that you will positively contribute to the community.

If you can get admins from some other servers to vouch for you, I might reconsider after some time.

The head admins or host can overrule.

Alright, that's fair. Will I be able to re-appeal after some length of time?
High Impact Dolphin
Byond Username: High Impact Dolphin

Post by High Impact Dolphin » #456783

typically re-appeals for permas are rejected if you don't wait AT LEAST a few months, but if you can manage to get a few vouchers from other servers your chances are pretty good, even without waiting
Spoiler:
not peanut by precedent?? i think
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #456834

5. A permaban may only be appealed once per year unless stated otherwise by the banning admin or a headmin. Subsequent appeals will be automatically rejected and deleted, and may result in a forum ban if repeated.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #457107

I wouldn't call it error free.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #457307

Come back in 2-3 months with some good playing history on another SS13 server, and we'll revisit this then.

Treating as Resolved.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg