[oranges][deitus] - not getting full story before ban

Post by Deitus » #462009

Byond account and character name: Deitus
Banning admin: oranges
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server
Ban reason and length:
https://i.imgur.com/FDVZyew.png
Time ban was placed (including time zone): just now
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): both?
Your side of the story: clown running some suicide booth thing, sec grabs body and drags it off to hop room, presumably to loot it. i grab it and go to medbay, throw soap behind me when they start firing disablers. i get disabled down and begin to get lasered to death before i hit my deadswitch.
Why you think you should be unbanned: oranges never asked nor allowed me to give my side of the story, giving a single ahelp of "so you did it again" which i assumed was a meme and replied as such with. as for the "running the gimmick into the ground," please let me know when im actually breaking rules in a bannable way for that, as i havent so far.
>but deitus you have been banned for th-
i could go into exactly why the previous bans and notes on this gimmick are a load of crap but that isnt what this appeal is about and does not play a factor in it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [oranges][deitus] - not getting full story before ban

Post by oranges » #462010

denied, your gimmick isn't funny and nobody wants to see it anymore. take it up with the headadmins.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462012

ban appeals are for players and admins, not coders friend :^)
:biggest think:
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #462013

What part about blowing up security for doing their job isn’t breaking the rules? You got off really easy for doing this so soon after you were just banned for it. You should’ve been banned for much longer.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462014

"blowing up security" makes it sound like im carrying around a macro implant or something. my mix is made to nugget me and little else, and like i said, if you want to go into why the previous bans were a load of crap i suppose we can here but i thought it would be just for this particular ban (which is also kind of a load of crap)
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #462015

Citing precedent - people who grey tide every round and suicide whenever they get arrested get in trouble too. Tying yours to an unfunny gimmick doesn't make it any better.

Another bit of relevant precedent, people who welderbomb FNR constantly get in trouble too.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #462017

You are consistently getting ahelped by other people about this, you might think your mix is not destructive but it is impacting on other peoples rounds and they are bringing it to our attention.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462020

how much damage does it even do to people? like MAYBE 20 if they're immediately adjacent? tell them to grab a bruise pack and bugger off.
Higashikata Josuke
Byond Username: Higashikata Josuke

Post by Higashikata Josuke » #462022

Deitus has killed me more than once with his stupid bomb gimmick as nonantag, and at least twice he's talked shit to me in deadchat afterwards with no prompting.

"Well, what have we learned about arresting me?" and,
"Honestly, seeing how it pisses people off makes me just want to do it more." This was after a randomname called his gimmick unfunny and Deitus then proceeded with a 10 or so message rant about how he's such an epic trollar.

Acting like this makes it seem like you're going out of your way to break rule 1 and justifying it with "it's my name LOL retard" just makes you look like an asshole. When you're told that your shitty suicide bomb gimmick is bad, your response isn't "ah okay I'll stop, sorry" but rather "oh ok let me make the bomb small enough that it only does a /lot/ of damage to the surrounding area instead of completely deleting four people". I mean, shit, even on the basest level, Explodes-When-Arrested comes across as a super fucking borderline name, so you have no right to be defending this character on any level.

If you're going to run a gimmick character, the absolute simplest thing you have to do is not be an asshole to other people in and out of game over it, and this appeal shows a real lack of self awareness.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462024

the times i've killed you are when i was antag, where i change the mix to be much deadlier.
>deletes four people
even at 100 potassium and 100 water it gibs in one tile and thats about it. exaggerate harder.
>borderline name
its a valid lizard name, i dont see a problem.
Higashikata Josuke
Byond Username: Higashikata Josuke

Post by Higashikata Josuke » #462025

Deitus wrote:the times i've killed you are when i was antag
To prevent the thread from getting oversaturated, I'm just going to say that at least two times this has not been the case. I'm not misremembering. I know you HAVE killed me with your bomb meme as antag before (even with other people arresting you) but this feels like you're stretching the truth, because I've definitely gotten killed while you were nonantag too. Out of respect for thread readers I won't argue with you on this or respond further unless someone else responds to my post.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #462026

i remember exactly two times that someone died from my gimmick when i was nonantag, and both times i've (wrongly) earned notes for them. im fairly certain neither were you.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #462035

Denied.

Relevant rules:
Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1. Admins may follow up on grief with allowing the affected parties to ignore normal escalation policy or measures such as warnings or bans.
If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg