Appeals which have been closed.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

[MortoSasye]Imsxz - note appeal

Post by imsxz » #471139

Byond account and character name: imsxz/Lexia Black
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: https://i.gyazo.com/5a652eb45508bd47d68 ... de6500.png 24 hours
Time ban was placed (including time zone): January 24th, 04:43:02(server time)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I had been having a pretty shitty round, arrested by sec and processed for upwards of 7 minutes, for minor irrelevant bullshit, at that point i was already forseeing a shitty round and about to kill myself. As I'm getting out, I hear a wizard offering to turn people into "bones", kept saying shit like "become bones", whatever, at this point in the round I have basically nothing to lose. Honest to god the thought of him possibly having a necromantic stone didn't cross my mind, it's such an obscure and underused wizard item. In my mind at the time, I assumed worst case he's baiting suckers like me into killing myself for lolz, best case he's part of some admin event and turning people into skeletons with adminbus or mutation toxin etc. I was with a group of people and we all mass suicided, at this point the wiz hadn't used his necro stone at any point. He turns us all into skeletons, the rest of the round ensues, antag antag etc.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't really care about the ban but the note makes it look like I knew I was gonna get antagged, I honestly went into it fully thinking I was gonna get tricked into killing myself like a dummy, or become part of some silly skeleton shenanigans (stuff like mutation toxin, spectral instrument cult, etc). I get that the guy was obviously a wizard but he told me all I had to do was die when I was already planning on killing myself it so I just went with it. I cannot stress the fact enough that it was much different from your typical conversion self antagger running up to a headrev asking to be converted; the wizard was incredibly vague about the whole situation, and I was the very first person(to my knowledge? im pretty sure at least) even be converted, his only allusion to it was offering to make people "become bones".
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye]Imsxz - note appeal

Post by MortoSasye » #471147

Hi, thanks for appealing.

While i understand that this may have been seen as an event character or simply someone who got lucky with a skeleton mutation toxin, the way in which the events developed seemed, and still seem extremely suspicious to me.

The fact that stuck out the most to me was the place in which this took place; space.
Spoiler:
The wizard had their full costume on when you three got turned into their slave, and didn't got forced at any moment by him. You also knew that this was a mechanic that this specific antagonist had, yet went out of the airlock to get converted by him. (Logs from https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/basil/ ... 4/game.log
[2019-01-24 04:33:24.329] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Imsxz/(Lexia Black): Why are you helping an antagonist?
[2019-01-24 04:33:31.902] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Imsxz/(Lexia Black)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): im his skeelton thrall
[2019-01-24 04:33:40.234] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Imsxz/(Lexia Black)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): skeleton, even
[2019-01-24 04:34:08.573] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Imsxz/(Lexia Black): Were you forced to become one?
[2019-01-24 04:35:37.247] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Imsxz/(Lexia Black)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): nah but he was really vague with what he was gonna be doing, just said "do you wanna become bones" and at that point i was already gonna be suiciding due to my interactions with security this shift so i just went with it. figured he might have skeleton mutation toxin or something when he said it
[2019-01-24 04:40:48.330] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Imsxz/(Lexia Black): You esentially self antagged by walking to arrivals space to get converted into a skeleton by an antagonist who was a lych taking no damage in space with wizard robes near round start. This is like someone going to where the cult base is to get converted or a cyborg staying near the roboticist they know have an emag.
[2019-01-24 04:41:37.034] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Imsxz/(Lexia Black)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): honest to god i didnt know he was gonna antag me, he was very vague about the entire thing and barely anyone ever uses the necro stone. thats all i got.
[2019-01-24 04:42:29.955] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Imsxz/(Lexia Black)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): he hadnt thralled any other of the guys at the time, i was the first to be skeleton'd
The reason why this ban was so short was due to how i could understand how someone could fall under this situation, but i didn't want to let it go unpunished either and tell you basically that this behavior is something accepted under the rules.

However, i will change this note to be more descriptive that this wasn't done out malice and more out of a mistake from a player. The note won't be removed, however, that would fall under headmins if they wish to do so.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [MortoSasye]Imsxz - note appeal

Post by subject217 » #474589

The note was edited and these have sat for a while with no further remarks, so this appears to be resolved.