[Optimumtact] DesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDe - permaban for revenge

Appeals which have been closed.
DesuDe

[Optimumtact] DesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDe - permaban for revenge

Post by DesuDe » #475046

Byond account and character name: DesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDe & "Welds-the-Vents" apparently

Banning admin: Optimumtact

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Host

Ban reason and length: Permanant, "Detonated a blackpowder explosion in medbay, ending a green extended round with no traitors. No reason for this, you have a several warnings for making blackpowder grenades and some bans for grief. I'm not convinced you're here to contribute positively."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-01-28 11:41:45. My time zone is CST. Round ID is 100989
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: Detonated blackpowder monkey bomb to kill two secfags for molesting me for taking spare after nobody did for a long time. Lucky to not have been executed. The bombing was not unprovoked or random, premeditated for half an hour beforehand (all after the provokation ofc). Medbay was where they were hanging out. There were very few other people active (not braindead/catatonic) on the station, and I was the only engineer at the time. Shuttle was called and i logged in an escape pod so i could get some damn sleep.

Why you think you should be unbanned: This was not done for the reasons that Optimum thinks it was done for. I did not intend to derail the round, greif, or get a shuttle call, only to get back at the two secfags (IC) for cruelty. I was warned several weeks beforehand for "powergaming" / making black powder grenades on extended green cricketshift out of boredom.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Optimumtact] DesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDe - permaban for revenge

Post by oranges » #475048

There is no reason to destroy the entirety of medbay with a blackpowder explosion as a non antag. Period, no matter how many "secfags" you think there are causing you issues.

I'm not convinced that I should lift this, other admins please weigh in.
DesuDe

Post by DesuDe » #475049

"you think"
I was being honest throughout my entire OP to the best of my knowledge. I expected to be responded to honestly, not to have my face spat in like a fool. I could write quite a lot about how poorly I think of you and your post.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475064

oranges wrote:There is no reason to destroy the entirety of medbay with a blackpowder explosion as a non antag. Period, no matter how many "secfags" you think there are causing you issues.

I'm not convinced that I should lift this, other admins please weigh in.
>steal the spare
>two sec officers come after you (wow what the fuck why would they do that shitsec shitsec i dindu aaaa!)
>instead of, i dont know, running away by opening any door you want with your all access, you BOMB them for doing their jobs
>not only that but your bomb destroys the entirety of the medbay which inextricably leads to the deaths of countless others
>WOWWWW why did i get banned???
that's a no from me
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #475080

DesuDe wrote:"you think"
I was being honest throughout my entire OP to the best of my knowledge. I expected to be responded to honestly, not to have my face spat in like a fool. I could write quite a lot about how poorly I think of you and your post.
go on then
DesuDe

Post by DesuDe » #475087

This is what I get for writing an appeal while half-asleep. The spare thing wasn't the only event that had happened between me and the two officers.They had borged me for some less traitorbaity shit that i can't remember, i was unborged and cloned by the robo, and then decided to bomb them. Forgot to mention it AT ALL. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
"could" is not "will", oranges.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #475088

That's not really making much difference.

You have a previous note from december 2018 asking you to tone down the grief, in relation to a blackpowder incident, another on jan first, making yet more pyro grenades of blackpowder. And then you go and detonate a huge chunk of the station as a non antag because security detained you and borged you.

Not to mention a note and ban for disconnecting as CE and the tesla being released after, plus multiple warnings to tone back the powergaming.

Your note history paints of a picture of someone who is repeatedly failing to meet the standards requested of them by the admin team. Why should we unban you?
DesuDe

Post by DesuDe » #475100

People can change, mate. I'm not going to be stuck as i am RIGHT NOW (or was 1-2 mos. ago) forever. I.e. I play heads more sparingly because of the event in that adminnote you mentioned.
DesuDe

Post by DesuDe » #475106

Another thing- the rules/rulings page(s) on the wiki don't encompass a lot of the stuff I have been repremanded for. Most if not all of the things you mentioned were not even alluded to in any of the wiki pages. I do not have a good enough understanding of what the line is for these subjectively-enforced rules. If you could give me a link or something, i would appreciate it.
Booktower
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #475147

>You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.
This is from escalation policy. I'd like to note that I do not know how legitimate the arrest was, I am merely quoting this as it might be relevant.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #475256

I've spoken with the admin team and we feel it's best if you play on another server and build up a history of good behaviour there before appealing here again with references to the servers you have played on.

If you can demonstrate an improvement of behaviour on other servers for a sustained period of time, we might be interested in having you back here.

Regards
oranges
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #475264

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Rule_1_Precedents.

1.1.5:Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.

Borging can be a justifiable and nicer punishment than straight execution and being left to rot in the brig/get incinerated. The arrest was fundamentally legitimate because you broke into the captain's office to get the spare. The fact that they even let you get unborged and cloned is even nicer, most players would instantly fucking laser or harm baton you dead and toss your body into the brig morgue tray.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Escalation

Exceptions: Security is expected not to retaliate with random abuse or violence unless the person in question is otherwise eligible for execution. You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.

They did their jobs by arresting you and giving you your execution sentence(borging), you bombing them with black powder was completley improper escalation and would've been no different to someone randomly bombing people when it comes to escalation policy.

I wanted to post this before oranges posted but I may as well post it to add something that might help you understand why your actions lead to your punishment

Headmins can delete this if they want before the lock(<or edit that part out and this bracketed segment too please ^_^)
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #476083

This appears to be resolved then, we won't be overturning the ruling.