[blessedheretic] DoctorGrief - Security Banned

Appeals which have been closed.
DoctorGrief

[blessedheretic] DoctorGrief - Security Banned

Post by DoctorGrief » #48678

Byond account and character name: DoctorGrief (Tarl Cabot)
Banning admin: blessedheritic
Ban reason and length: Has shown no desire to play the role properly and causes more grief(surprise.) than any other officer I've ever seen. Offenses include unlawful searches, trying to get brigged personal executed for no reason, stealing gloves from suspects who are cleared of charges, not following the chain of command, permabanned from security
Time ban was placed: Some minutes ago

My round went like this:

I joined the game. Right after arriving CE came running to me asking for help because someone had stolen his batoon. It was Rob Ust. I set him on wanted, and filled out the crime field. Afterwards I went to brigg and got clothed and head back to engineering to talk to the CE. He said Rob Ust was arrested, thanked me and gave me a pair of insulated gloves.

While I was there I heard the HoP was screaming on the radio for help. I runned up, and found people his office door open and people in his office. In front of his office there was a lot of people smashing the front. I tazed the guy in HoPs office and HoP got out. In front of his office the HoP was pushed and his batoon was stolen. I arrested one of the guys on the scene who were standing on glass, and it seemed like he was breaking it.

Afterward I was running after the HoP with the prisoner to give HoP backup. The guy who stole his batoon got into the portal room, and manage to hit HoP with the batoon. After that he got his laser and start lasering the HoP. I managed to taze the guy, so the HoP survived and helped the HoP cuff the guy who tazed him. At that point I was sure it was a rev og cult round.

When we got to brigg, I admit I was a bit carried away and strip searched the first guy I arrested. And he had a hand teleporter in his backpack. I also tried to get the captains attention and told him that the other guy we arrested lasered the hop, and said that he should be executed.

At this point BlessedHeretic started to message me about the case. And this is the logs:

--------

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: You know, i'm really getting tired of ahelps directed towards you. Anyway, why did you fully strip Remobothen?
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

PM to-Admins: I searched him, he stole batoon from ce, was in a fight when hop was lasered,

PM to-Admins: I suspect revs

Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: You were wrong on both accounts, you literally just tased a guy doing his job and then stripped him fully without any evidence. You stole his ID and Comms to prevent him from calling a lawyer or his boss to help represent him, and then you tried to get him executed. Explain.
Click on the administrator'

PM to-Admins: Well, the man had wanted on him. So I arrested him near engineering. Because CE said he had stolen his batoon. Then I heard on the radio, help from the HoP office. When I got to the HoP office, someone was thrashing the whole office. There was two three people doing it. Then there was a lot of things happening at once, but it ended that someone stole hops weapon so we chaced them to the portal. There the guy who is in sraigh jacket got a egun and start lasering the hop. I seemed that the guy I arrested was with the other guys, so it go a littlbe bet heated up after I brought them to the brig. The guy I said should be executed was the guy who lasered the hop.

PM to-Admins: I got some insulated gloves which I got from the CE, while I was takling to you Emerson Ackerley stole them. I would like you to ask him to return them.

Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: The CE would have intimate knowledge of which of his engineers disarmed him and stole it. An engineer repairing a damaged part of the station is LITERALLY their job. And now you're absuing him after release refusing to give him back his gear. Tiding as an officer is beyond terrible.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

You have been jobbanned by blessedheretic from: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer.
The reason is: Has shown no desire to play the role properly and causes more grief(surprise.) than any other officer I've ever seen. Offenses include unlawful searches, trying to get brigged personal executed for no reason, stealing gloves from suspects who are cleared of charges, not following the chain of command.
Jobban can be lifted only upon request.

--------

BlessedHeretic has clearly already made up his mind. I don't understand why he bother to message me in the first place. Just tak his reasons:

1: Has no desire to role play properly
A: Who role plays on TG station? If role playing was a requirement 80% deserves ban. I roll played as best as I could supporting the CE and HoP

2: Offenses include unlawful searches
A: The guy was at a scene where there was a riot, it seemed like he was a part of it. It also seemed like the rioters where supporting him and tried to free him.

3: trying to get brigged personal executed for no reason
A: So lasering the HoP is no reason?

4: stealing gloves from suspects who are cleared of charges
A: Those gloves was given to me by the CE

5: not following the chain of command
A: How so?

To finished it of I would for the record state that the guy who said he was repairing the HoPs line both had a stolen hand tele on him, and was a cargo tech (as I remember), not a engineer.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: [blessedheretic] DoctorGrief - Security Banned

Post by Timbrewolf » #48705

Double checked the attack logs, because that's some serious stuff there.

The person you arrested, stripped, stole items from, eventually released, tasered again, and attempted to arrest again...

...did none of those things? They disarmed someone and had been disarmed once. According to their own testimony they were in the HoP line attempting to fix some glass, which you can at least confirm they were in the area of as well.

There's a miscommunication here it seems between that admin and you. Perhaps the person ahelping as well may have thought that you were asking for the person you were standing around holding naked in cuffs to get murdered when you were talking about someone else? It doesn't appear to me based on the logs and what has been said by everyone that you were trying to get the player you arrested executed.

We have new code blue rules that there's a big announce in the first text when you join the server regarding. In this case you cuffed, stripped nude, and brigged a guy for standing around the HoP line when something was going on.

Like he wasn't even doing anything. You ran into an area where you heard something was happening and just grabbed the first person you could get your hands on. You just arrested the first guy you bumped into, and then gave him the works.

Aside from that you have a lengthy history of notes all highlighting the exact kind of behavior we dont want on the sec team. Go play another job. Appeal this down the road when you feel like you have learned to be more responsible with authority.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DoctorGrief

Post by DoctorGrief » #48788

Why do you still say I stole the gloves? Ask the CE who played that round, as previusly said he gave them to me in the beginning of the round. Check your logs or ask the guy who played CE. The only reason I tried to detain him again, was that the lawyer was stealing the gloves from me, which I got from the CE while I was busy talking to admin.

As previsously said the guy I arrested was in the middle of a riot. The rioters weas trying to destroy the HoPs office. I was in good faith, and had reason to believe he was an antag. It was not he who lasered the HoP later on, because I had already cuffed him and was dragging him along while running after HoP to give him support. I tell this to give you a idea how messy the whole situation was.

In your post you make it look like I just grabbed on random guy standing in the HoP line. The HoP line was smashed, and the office was open when I came there and the HoP screamed for help over the radio. There was no HoP line anymore, there was a bunch of people running back and forth on smashed glass and attacking the HoP. And you say he was not taking part of the riot, but why where he at a riot scene trying to repair things as a cargo tech? Why didn't he at least wait to it was a bit quite down? And why did I found a hand tele in his backpack? Ok, perhaps he was innocent, but how should I know? He was not harmed in anyway, he was only arrested and taken into brig.

What I should have done different was to search him in a cell, not outside in the brig and not take of the uniform. If I had got a warning from admin for that, I would have appologized and not done it again. But this is not banworthy, it make no sense.

Concerning "Random searches are no longer permitted under Alert Level Blue." There where no random search, I had a reason to belive he was part of the riot as stated several times already. If it is not a reason to suspect a person being a rioter when he is right in middle of it, what is?

I cannot answer for your last statement as you don't come with any examples. But I guess some people will complain to admin when they are busted while breaking space law.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #48891

You say you saw him rioting but what did you actually see him doing?

What were his actions in game that you witnessed and decided to arrest him?
Are you saying you saw him attack others? Was he one of the ones attacking the HoP?

He wasn't harmed, you didn't beat him with your baton or anything. But you did arrest him for doing nothing, drag him off on an adventure with the HoP to the teleporter room, then take him to the brig and strip search him and brig him for...what? Being in the vicinity of a crime?

Normally I'm one to say that brig timers and such are IC matters but in cases like this they really aren't.

Blessed says that this kind of behavior is par for the course when it comes to you being in sec, and after looking at your notes and ban history I don't doubt that he's right. Your badge and baton are forfeit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DoctorGrief

Post by DoctorGrief » #49036

Its good to hear you admit it is a IC-case. Because:

- Bringing a cargo tech in the middle of a riot in for questioning and a search is what a security officer should do.
- Arresting a cargo tech, which had a hand teleporter in his backpack is what a security officer should do. He was given a two minutes sentence, while grand theft actually should be punished with 5 minutes according to space law.

- Being so abusive about as BlessedHeretic was is not what a admin should be.

It is sad to see that when every single argument in the ban reason is proved to be false, you changes the argument to be something about ban history and notes.

When that is said, it is noteworthy to mention that it is difficult to argue against notes and what Blessed say when you talked to him. But I can't recall being banned or officialy warned for something I have done as security before this.

The ban reason is bogus - you have yourself admitted it. And treating a regular player as you have been doing in this case is not good adminship.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #49095

You've barely answered any of my questions, instead reiterating stuff you already said and continuing to insist you didn't do anything wrong.

Now you're trying to attack the integrity of the people who raised the issue with you?
We're done here.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DoctorGrief

Post by DoctorGrief » #49116

Hello again An0n3

I didn't say that I didn't anything wrong. But I do say that the ban reason is invalid. As far I see that is something we both agree on. That said we really now are discussing if he should be brought in at first place, and during a code blue incident protocol states that you need to have probable cause to do a search of a suspect. Can I respectfully ask you how this situation don't warrant a probable cause?

You write that I don't answer your question. But I fail to see the relevance of them, and we already know the answer to them. What his action was I already have explained. And if he attacked the HoP or not is something we already know, you quoted it from the log yourself.

Further more you say that I attack the integrity of your staff. If you put yourself in my shoes, would you think it would be okay being approched the way I have been in this case? Do you think BlessedHeretic was polite when writing to me? Do you feel from the log that he did take anything into account of what I wrote, or do it seems like he already had made up his mind? And do you think he did a good job, when quote "An engineer repairing a damaged part of the station is LITERALLY their job." He didn't even get that right. The guy I arrested was a cargo technician. What was he doing outside cargo bay in a riot anyway, except metagaming an engineer? (if he only was repairing, which I am not sure I believe, since he had a hand-teleporter in his backpack)

What I did wrong, and take into account is brig procedures. According to space law chapter two "Brig procedyres", sentence tree quote: " Enter the cell with the prisoner in tow, open the cell locker and hold the prisoner over it.". That was a mistake, but do you really think that is worth a perma ban?