[BlessedHeretic] Ninja137 (Rob Ust Jr) -Blanket antag ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

[BlessedHeretic] Ninja137 (Rob Ust Jr) -Blanket antag ban

Post by Ninja137 » #49358

Byond account and character name: Ninja137//Rob Ust Jr.

Banning admin: BlessedHeretic

Ban type (e.g. Engineering jobban): Temporary team-antag ban, which was later bumped up to a permanent blanket antag ban.

Ban reason and length: Releasing Kudzu during a cult round as a cultist, and having doing it in a derpy way. Ban Length: Permanent, all antag roles.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): I don't accurately remember, it was later at night and within the week, roughly ~3 days ago as of the time of posting this, I believe. I asked the admins on the server and recieved no response.

Your side of the story: It was a Cult round and I'd spent most of it in Botany, attempting to get Deathnettles and a stock of Kudzu going, in the event it'd be needed. For a good part of the round, things were relatively good, and people didn't get caught. Eventually, that changed, and from what it sounded like, people were getting screwed. I acted in haste and did stupid shit, and went to release the Kudzu as a distraction, and in the little rush of "Hey I finally got this to work lets see how it goes!" happiness at getting a chance to try out the potency 100 Kudzu, I neglected to talk with the other cultists. It was a shitty decision, and one that I have previously acknowledged in the threads where several people were angry enough to call for me to get permabanned. I'm sorry for fucking up like that, and I realize it was a derp-ass thing to do. To all the people who had their round messed up by it, my apologies.

That said, I think that the majority of the reason that people got angry is because of the mutation triggering a cluster of Black Kudzu in the Med/Bar/Bridge airlock area, and a number of people repeatedly running into it and getting angry over it. I'm sorry for releasing the Kudzu, but that happening as it did is not something I intended to do or wanted to happen. It pretty much literally could not have happened in a more unfortunate area, as the very quickly growing pile of corpses attested to. I'm sorry that it mutated like it did, where it did, but I didn't intend for it to happen like it did.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not think I should be unbanned, I think that the team-antag ban was, when it was first applied, entirely reasonably and justified. I fucked up, and that merits something happening as a reprimand/punishment. I do not, however, agree that a permanent ban for all antag roles is appropriate. It's my opinion that the blanket antag ban should be reduced to a month-long ban for all team-antag roles, and at worst a week-ban from non-team antag roles.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Re: [BlessedHeretic] Ninja137 (Rob Ust Jr) -Blanket antag ba

Post by BlessedHeretic » #49360

I'm pretty confident Anon3, when he heard the story told me to up the ban to spread to all antag and make it indefinite. I thought the ban I had put myself was decent but I tend to bend toward headmin decisions.
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #49362

BlessedHeretic wrote:I'm pretty confident Anon3, when he heard the story told me to up the ban to spread to all antag and make it indefinite. I thought the ban I had put myself was decent but I tend to bend toward headmin decisions.
I noted that the ban was upped to all-antag and made indefinite. I'm not disputing that I should have a ban, I'm disputing the ban being a permanent one and applying to all antags rather than team-antags, as was originally put in place. A mistake deserves punishment, not a permaban from everything.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #49367

I was there for this round. He significantly fucked up the round for every one of the other cultists, and this isn't the first time Rob has pulled shit like this.
I'd suggest that this antag ban stay at least for a few months.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #49369

Kwisatz wrote:I was there for this round. He significantly fucked up the round for every one of the other cultists, and this isn't the first time Rob has pulled shit like this.
I'd suggest that this antag ban stay at least for a few months.
First, this is the second time I've released large-scale Kudzu. It was during a different round several days back, and was almost entirely harmless. The round devolved into a shitstorm later on because Xenos appeared, and proceeded to shitslap the cult pretty handily. The original Rob Ust has done that many times, and I'm not him.
Second, I realize I fucked up, which is precisely why I asked that the ban NOT be removed, but be an extended ban based off of the normal ban. The original ban was for a one-week ban from all team-antag positions. A headmin upped it to a permanent ban from all antag positions. I disagree with that decision, but I think that some form of a ban should still be in place on me, the same as should be expected to happen to anyone else who breaks the server rules.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #49373

As one of the starting cultist I vote heavily to say fuck no you deserve this ban. You willingly made 100 % potent kudzu seeds, you knew what you were doing and definately have no remorse when you attempted to justify it.
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #49374

RG4 wrote:As one of the starting cultist I vote heavily to say fuck no you deserve this ban. You willingly made 100 % potent kudzu seeds, you knew what you were doing and definately have no remorse when you attempted to justify it.
Aaaaand again, I'm not saying I don't deserve a ban. I'm saying I don't deserve an instant permaban from every antag role. I asked the the original ban to be extended to a month and an all-antag ban of at least a week added on top of the 1-month. Read the thread or don't bother posting, please.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #49380

I was a chemist that round. At round start he came to me demanding mutagen and sugar. It was immediately clear he was intending to shit out spiders, kudzu or both, all over the station, if his name of rob ust jr. didn't already give away the fact he intended to pull a rob with awful round ruining gimmicks.

There was literally dozens of corpses outside the medbay, kudzu mutates A LOT, if you make it high potency THAT DOESN'T HELP. Even with literally dozens of admin spawned goats, medbay still was on the brink of being overrun for a good half an hour, and the kudzu was never completely irradicated.

Kudzu assfucks everyone, I struggle to see how it can ever be good to release it all over the station, and as you had literally bags full of seeds, I can't see it any other way as that is exactly what you intended, from a very early point in the game.
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #49728

I was watching that round.

An admin had to delete all the kudzu because it took over most of the station, besides how half the cultists got killed as well. This is as bad as flooding plasma during rev, and people have been banned for that too.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #51136

No. You really ruined everything for a lot of people you were supposed to be working with.

In deadchat afterward you basically told them to deal with it and ridiculed people who were upset over what you did.

It hasn't even been a month yet.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: