Post by JoshingTons » #491844

Title/subject: Banned by Host
[Bobbahbrown] joshman877 - Game banned for 2 days

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: joshman877 / Mason Jives
Banning admin: Bobbahbrown
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server Ban
Ban reason and length:
"As an AI with a "Engineers are not human" law took it upon their own accord to kill atleast 2 engineers without asking. Disconnected following this round so I unable to ask their side in this issue, if
they think it is incorrect or unfair they can appeal on the forums." Banned 2 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-05-02 04:20:40 Server Time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: I killed one engineer because before my laws were changed they killed another human, then when my laws were changed I decided that since that engineer is no longer human and has already killed a human I had every reason to erase the threat, the other engineer that was killed due to his interference and attempting to rescue his fellow non-human I deemed them both colluding against humans and the station, also I left at the end of the round because it was getting late and I needed to get to bed, not because I was avoiding this because I didn't think this would even be an issue.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
I feel as though the ban is unjustified, I was merely playing as the AI is, the laws, which I fail to see anything I did wrong in this case.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Bobbahbrown] joshman877 - Game banned for 2 days

Post by bobbahbrown » #491877

Hello, thank you for appealing this ban. Before I get into the details of this ban, I will let you know that first and foremost this ban appeal is accepted, and your ban has been lifted. I have edited the two notes to show that the appeal was accepted and you are in no way at fault, I was told to not delete the notes outright for bookkeeping reasons. If you feel the notes should be edited further, please let me know.

As for the ban itself: I failed to notice in investigating this case that the moth person being killed at the HoP's line was a moth person who had already caused harm to humans. As I was unable to contact you at the time, I was left with the opinion that you had elected to kill the moth once you had the law to justify it. The second engineer who was killed at the same place at roughly the same time had contacted me about the situation. The other engineer was seemingly killed by a cyborg at the same time, as you state, but that is outside of your control. Your appeal has cleared this up, and I must apologize for applying this ban.

To end off this statement, I noticed in closing up this ticket that you showed discomfort with the law that the HoP had uploaded, and from this I feel you are a reasonable AI player, so I look forward to your return!

Once again, sorry for the mistake and thank you for helping me clear this up.