[MortoSasye] Tycho Brahe - Banned for "lying", and something I didn't do.

Appeals which have been closed.
Saucywiggles

[MortoSasye] Tycho Brahe - Banned for "lying", and something I didn't do.

Post by Saucywiggles » #492619

Byond account and character name: Saucywiggles, Tycho Brahe
Ban type (What are you banned from?): TG Station's Bagil server
Ban reason and length: "Helped create a tesla with other 3 people, lied in ahelps about not participating even when asked with the logs of him turning an emitter on. It destroyed a big part of the station + killed a lot of people." 7 days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 20:59:17 (5PM EST) The round ID is 107875. Ban ID #39198
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I was present for the construction of a Tesla generator in Cargo which ultimately destroyed the station. The people who assembled and enabled it were traitors, but I was wrapped up in the Bwoinking as a result of celebrating the station's destruction (with glee) in Dead chat. The admin in question says I lied to them when questioned in ahelp.
Specifically they claim this log shows I was involved: 03:47:12 [0x2043703] (73,153,2) || the emitter turned ON by SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) at Cargo Bay (73, 153, 2).
I disagree, the following log should show me being shot by the emitter and then turning it off. Ultimately I built nothing, ordered nothing, didn't ask for the Tesla to be built, and didn't turn on any of the machines some minutes later when the generator was activated.

These two logs were also shown to me in ahelp: 19[03:49:16] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))"ACTIVATE IT"
18[03:49:10] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))"YES"
Implying that I had some more significant role in it. At the time the purpose of the Tesla was stated to be powering the station. An antimatter generator was also considered but ultimately dropped. The SM couldn't be saved by those involved, so they built the Tesla. These two logs are me being excited about the fact that we are about to get power, because my ID had been stuck in a machine the entire game and I was useless.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I don't want to contest the ban, I just don't want this shit in my note history. It's not accurate. I emphatically did not lie to this person and didn't construct or activate the Tesla in its station-destroying glory. If the logs show what this admin says then I don't know why that wasn't demonstrated to me, but that's why I am contesting at bare minimum the reason . It's not representative of what happened. If the logs don't reflect what I've said then of course just throw this out, I am perhaps quite wrong but not a liar.

Edit: I have a couple contextual screenshots too that could be important. Was having fun and snapping a few as it all went to shit. Not super important, but you can see the involved traitor(?) Jeffrey Ulric stating there were only two people involved in the Deadchat. Obviously according to me, this doesn't include me. https://imgur.com/a/KTkQ7EK
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] Tycho Brahe - Banned for "lying", and something I didn't do.

Post by MortoSasye » #492630

Hi, thanks for appealing.

First of all, I didn't notice the second log of you turning the emitter off and I apologize for that. Second, you did participate in the event that eventually made the tesla be released even if you may have not noticed.
If the logs show what this admin says then I don't know why that wasn't demonstrated to me, but that's why I am contesting at bare minimum the reason
Saying that this wasn't demonstrated to you is a lie, considering the fact i asked you twice if you were sure about not participating even when I posted the logs concerning you in the ahelp interchange:
[2019-05-08 03:52:59.236] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe): I need to speak with you about that tesla you guys made.
[2019-05-08 03:53:32.645] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): I didn't actually make it or participate. I was AFK and coming back to watch now and then.
[2019-05-08 03:53:47.927] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): Been useless all round as a miner
[2019-05-08 03:55:07.415] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe): You're completely sure you didn't had anything to do with that?
[2019-05-08 03:55:37.962] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): I mean I was in the room, but it was all built and turned on by two guys yeah. Probably 5 or 6 people in Cargo with us total.
[2019-05-08 03:55:58.463] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe): 4[03:52:01] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Brig (110, 162, 2))
- (DEAD) "fucking glorious"
- 3[03:51:01] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Mining Office (70, 162, 2))
- (DEAD) "I am so glad we did that"
- 19[03:49:16] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))
- "ACTIVATE IT"
- 18[03:49:10] SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))
- "YES"
-
- 03:47:12 [0x2043703] (73,153,2) || the emitter turned <font color='green'>ON</font> by SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) at Cargo Bay (73, 153, 2)<br>
-
- What is your reply to the above logs?
[2019-05-08 03:56:29.033] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): Why are you posting my chat logs lol, can't you just look at the logs in the room at that time and see that I didn't build anything, order anything, or touch anything?
[2019-05-08 03:57:11.351] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe): Ok thanks for making it easier by directly lying in ahelps even when i posted a log of you turning one of the emitters on.
[2019-05-08 03:57:46.402] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): I didn't activate the Tesla, so idk what you're on about. I shot myself with an emitter a while ago though.
Now, as I said before, I didn't notice at the moment due to the chaos that you turned the emitter off so I thought you collaborated in the process of turning the Tesla. However, saying that you didn't participate is a lie when you were in the same room, watching the event unfold with the knowledge that it was a tesla that would had been released in the station according to your chatlogs:
[2019-05-08 03:36:12.203] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "Let's weld the doors shut and rule cargonia. We will sell their electricity to them." (Cargo Bay (75, 149, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:49:10.837] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "YES" (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:49:16.584] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "ACTIVATE IT" (Cargo Bay (68, 149, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:49:37.809] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "YES" (Cargo Bay (67, 151, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:49:41.098] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "YES" (Cargo Bay (67, 151, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:50:01.150] EMOTE: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless... (Mining Office (67, 162, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:50:17.679] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (DEAD) "we fucking did it" (Cargo Bay (71, 153, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:50:58.459] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (DEAD) "fucking hilarious lmao" (Mining Office (70, 162, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:51:01.984] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (DEAD) "I am so glad we did that" (Mining Office (70, 162, 2))
[2019-05-08 03:52:01.175] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) (DEAD) "fucking glorious" (Brig (110, 162, 2))
You said the following in this appeal
:The people who assembled and enabled it were traitors, but I was wrapped up in the Bwoinking as a result of celebrating the station's destruction (with glee) in Dead chat.
However I didn't ban you due to considering your celebration as proof of participation, but the repeated ''we did it'' of you in dead chat + me checking the singulo logs quickly to find out which people participated in this. I am willing to remove the ban, however, and leave it on a note which will be edited if you accept that your willing inaction helped the tesla be released.

To make an example, this is the equivalent to someone watching a person mess with the SM, ignoring them and watching them further continue to mess with it until it eventually explodes, with you cheerfully celebrating in dead chat. Or the equivalent to being the coworker of ''McTraitor'' and watching them kill someone in a room, with you staying quiet about it and celebrating the fact they killed said person.

Not asking you to valid hunt but asking you to not participate. In this case, you should have informed sec or something about a tesla being made, or simply don't stay in the same room and cheer and say ''we did it'' when it goes off which makes you highly suspicious and screams ''I participated in the destruction of the station''
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Saucywiggles

Post by Saucywiggles » #492641

I didn't notice the second log of you turning the emitter off and I apologize for that... I didn't notice at the moment due to the chaos that you turned the emitter off
Okay, but in the logs of our conversation you just posted I did literally tell you (accurately) what happened. I can appreciate that you didn't notice it but you ignored my explanation and banned me, calling me a liar. The ban is justified according to your interpretation of events but as you've just said you didn't see the full context of the logs and ignored my message in the context of your interpretation.
However, saying that you didn't participate is a lie when you were in the same room, watching the event unfold with the knowledge that it was a tesla that would had been released in the station according to your chatlogs:
[2019-05-08 03:36:12.203] SAY: SaucyWiggles/(Tycho Brahe) "Let's weld the doors shut and rule cargonia. We will sell their electricity to them." (Cargo Bay (75, 149, 2))
The very first log you quote is me establishing what I thought would happen. We would produce electricity within Cargo and it would power the station. Your assertion that I knew the Tesla was somehow flawed when I neither built it or turned it on is unfounded, as we know the only person in the room who apparently knew all along the Tesla would break loose talked about it in Deadchat and said he didn't say anything because he was a traitor. The guy building the Tesla also said he did not know it would fail. I am not an engineer, I didn't know it would break loose and I never said or did anything in-game to demonstrate that except for laughing about it after the fact. It is pretty weird to post my log and claim my intent was exactly the opposite of the stated intent. Ie; something destructive and not proactive. I don't even know what was forgotten, the guy in dead chat said it was a grounding rod.
I am willing to remove the ban, however, and leave it on a note which will be edited if you accept that your willing inaction helped the tesla be released.
Well that's absolutely the case. My willing inaction enabled the Tesla generator to escape and destroy /tg/station, but that was not the stated goal of the people building the Tesla and was not - as the logs show - my goal for simply standing around and watching them build it. A more experienced player would probably have recognized their mistakes and known that the Tesla would destroy everything, but I did not. If you really do have any evidence to the contrary I would like to be proven wrong because I think a lot of our disagreement here is semantic. I think you acted prematurely and am not okay with how I was branded because some of the logs here are showing exactly the opposite of what you're claiming.

To make an example, this is the equivalent to someone watching a person mess with the SM, ignoring them and watching them further continue to mess with it until it eventually explodes, with you cheerfully celebrating in dead chat. Or the equivalent to being the coworker of ''McTraitor'' and watching them kill someone in a room, with you staying quiet about it and celebrating the fact they killed said person.

Not asking you to valid hunt but asking you to not participate. In this case, you should have informed sec or something about a tesla being made, or simply don't stay in the same room and cheer and say ''we did it'' when it goes off which makes you highly suspicious and screams ''I participated in the destruction of the station''
I emphatically disagree, I know that the % going down on the SM means it's going to blow up and I feel like I would say something to someone. I know enabling McTraitors to murder their targets is bad if I'm not on their side. I am suspicious because of laughing about this in dead chat and am obviously negligent but as the posted logs show I represented the situation to you factually and I did not purposefully enable or allow the station to be destroyed.
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #492695

Since i cant reply atm i asked an admin to unban you meanwhile while i decide what to do about the note
NSFW:
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #492827

I decided to remove the note upon further thinking and conversation with both players and admins, as well as extend a formal apology towards you for my behavior towards you.

While your cheering in dead chat and repeated statements of ''we did it'' was a highly suspicious behavior for me and something that triggered red alarms in my head, cheering is not against the rules and neither is inaction. If I were to let this note even stay as a note to watch for future incidents of this kind with you, it would simply be unfair since we don't punish people for not wanting to mess with the traitor that is killing everyone even when I feel personally strongly against inaction.

Therefore, I will lock this appeal now. Have a nice day!
NSFW: