[MortoSasye] Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat - Legitimate Misclicks without Reading Attack Logs

Appeals which have been closed.
Obnoxious_Cat

[MortoSasye] Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat - Legitimate Misclicks without Reading Attack Logs

Post by Obnoxious_Cat » #493148

Byond account and character name: Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat - Ryan Rockwell
Banning admin: MortoSasye
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Connecting.
Ban reason and length: Killed six people on shuttle with IED accidentally, but banned based on previous notes. 6 Days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-05-11 08:05:41
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Event hall
Your side of the story:
A security guard mistaking me for a wizard slowly escalates over the round until shuttle boarding happens. Stun him and let him be until he comes back and starts whacking me with a crowbar right next to an apathetic captain. Proceed to table him in front of everyone, then throw him back over to the other side of the table. He melees me with an IED and drops it on the table in front of me. I mistake it for an armed one and in my panic hit the Z key. Blow myself up as RNG decides a less than one second fuse is what I deserve. Someone, presumably the sec officer, proceeds to throw a second IED onto the tile I am on, further damaging the people around us. Officer talks about his bombs in deadchat while post-round someone brags about all the IEDs they made.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Mashing my keyboard in an attempt to get rid of what I thought was an armed IED was stupid, sure, but given the actions of others that are blatantly apparent in the attack logs I think it's a little unfair I was banned before any real investigation was done.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat - Legitimate Misclicks without Reading Attack Logs

Post by MortoSasye » #493151

Hello, thanks for appealing.

First of all, the full ban reason is the following:

I decided to apply a ban on you since even when you informed me that it was caused by an accident when I investigated i found out you had a previous note for this behavior, which was applied not so long ago:

While it's true that someone else did use a grenade for which they too got talked to, you were the one that primed it first and I can't just ignore that fact as i informed you in the help exchange we had:
[2019-05-11 08:00:02.680] GAME: KylerAce/(Ricky Zeal) has primed a improvised firebomb at Emergency Shuttle (0, 0, 0) for detonation.
[2019-05-11 08:01:04.587] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Ryan Rockwell): Hello, why did you set that improvised bomb off in the shuttle as a non antag?
[2019-05-11 08:02:09.968] ADMIN: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge) checked the individual player panel for Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Ryan Rockwell). /Checking for notes here where I find your previous one
[2019-05-11 08:02:44.657] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Ryan Rockwell)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): Okay, so it's a really retarded story. The sec officer was beating me so I tabled him, then he hit me with an unarmed IED after getting back up. In my absolute big brain moment I mistook it for an armed IED and tried to throw it, but accidentally activated in my hand instead.
[2019-05-11 08:05:07.164] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge)->Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Ryan Rockwell): You already have a note for something similar and you killed six people with that. I can't really let that go and i hope you understand why you seem so suspicious.
[2019-05-11 08:05:41.946] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat/(Ryan Rockwell)->MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge): Ask the Ricky Zeal guy about the IEDs then.
[2019-05-11 08:05:41.733] ADMINPRIVATE: MortoSasye/(Bella Rouge) has created a temporary 6 days server ban for Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat. Reason: Killed six people on the escape shuttle as a non antag with an improvised bomb. Claimed it was an accident but they already have a note for something similar.
I'm willing to reduce the ban to fewer days (two to be specific) due to it being apparently an accident from your part and when someone else is also involved in what happened as long as you accept to stop using grenades without a good enough reason.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSasye] Your Neighbors Obnoxious Cat - Legitimate Misclicks without Reading Attack Logs

Post by MortoSasye » #494420

I will edit the note later to add the fact someone helped kill the six people with another grenade, anyway, locking this since this didn't have any further reply.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: