[Plapatin] Sucks-The-Toes - week bullshit ban

Appeals which have been closed.
ruffwizard

[Plapatin] Sucks-The-Toes - week bullshit ban

Post by ruffwizard » #494593

Byond account and character name: ruffwizard in game name was Sucks-The-Toes
Banning admin: Plapatin
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned for killing clown
Ban reason and length: A week for the following, Reason: killed the clown for no apparent reason, kept avoiding questions in ahelps. if you want to appeal this please sober up first
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 1 week. The round ID is 108786.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6:51 EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sseth
Your side of the story: Killed clown, got ahelped immediately told him I was going to bring clown back to medical, was trying to find their ID card, got AI to open door and brought him back to medical. Medical brought the body back threw it back over the kitchen counter and the other chef gibbed the clown. Tried to explain that though I did wrong, I had all intentions to bring the clown back, mostly killed for gold liquid as it was the cure for disease (that viro probably spread as non-antag) and clown was running off with the cure to maintenance. People said in chat earlier that miners had killed themselves so gold was rare.
Why you think you should be unbanned: admin said he would day ban, gave me a week. Think that's unreasonable. Ignorant as fuck to say I'm drinking as I don't, banned while typing reasons why. Server has been trolly all day, which you don't like to hear but it has been. Admins have spawned killer bees in the station 2 rounds ago, botany has created killer tomatoes 2 rounds in a row, non-antags acting as antags etc. Again, you don't like that, but that's the atmosphere of the server and it's encouraged by particular admins. At least I tried and had every intention of bringing the clown back to medical, I usually just get locked in a closet or down disposals. Clown was meant to be able to honk again. Should be unbanned also because admin plays garfield kart.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: [Plapatin] Sucks-The-Toes - week bullshit ban

Post by Plapatin » #494594

you still haven't explained why you killed the clown, you also posted this appeal while the round was still going
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
ruffwizard

Post by ruffwizard » #494595

"Tried to explain that though I did wrong, I had all intentions to bring the clown back, mostly killed for gold liquid as it was the cure for disease (that viro probably spread as non-antag) and clown was running off with the cure to maintenance."
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #494600

killing the clown for the sole purpose of gathering resources is not at all acceptable, i would also like to point out THAT THE ROUND IS STILL GOING
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Post by Plapatin » #494602

for anyone in the peanut gallery, here's the ahelp log
ruffwizard

Post by ruffwizard » #494603

I'll just say this, people who blow up entire sections or groups of people (such as 6 players) receive less punishment judging from the appeals, from 1-2 days. A week is ridiculous, and it's an abuse of administrative powers. You don't give people time to respond, and you also respond to appeals without reading them first.

Thanks
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Post by Plapatin » #494604

context matters. you killed someone out of malice and you didn't give a shit about what happened to them even while being adminpmed about the situation. someone who accidentily misclicks and activates a bomb while being genuinely apologetic and admitting they did it is far better than someone who refuses to cooperate and explain what happened in adminhelps.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Post by Plapatin » #494607

i would also like to say, for the third time, THAT THE ROUND IS STILL GOING AND POSTING APPEALS WHILE THE ROUND THE BAN WAS APPLIED IN IS STILL GOING ON IS STRICTLY AGAINST FNR RULES
ruffwizard

Post by ruffwizard » #494609

>don't give a shit
>telling you im trying to bring him back and asking for the door to be opened
pick one

could have easily let security put me in brig for 5-perma as the clown was able to radio it out. further, medical's response to a corpse was to bring it back to kitchen rather than heal, and the fellow chef's response was to immediately gib. Malice is your word choice, I made it clear at the start I was trying more to bring him back, also busy typing to get AI to open. I did say I had every intention to bring the clown back, and I said that twice in the first post, if you would read it. If I'm guilty of anything, it's acting like the general station behaves. You just want to fall back on round in progress rule because your judgment is ridiculous. I'll wait and see what someone else says - a week is bullshit, especially for a clown.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #494625

First of all, you disregarded the rule that you cannot appeal bans until the round is over, and you haven't once addressed it since Plapatin mentioned it.
Second, your reasoning for killing was that you saw the clown run with the apparently only cure. To begin with, etting gold isn't even that hard, but I also don't understand how them going somewhere through maint means they were going to destroy the cure or keep it for themselves.
ruffwizard wrote:a week is bullshit, especially for a clown.
This alone definitely does not help your case, only worsens it. What tells you that you have a free pass for killing clowns? Normally, I'd agree - this should be a one day ban. But the way you've handled this appeal does not prove in any way that you genuinely understand what you did was wrong. In fact, you believe the fact the person you killed was a clown makes it less bad somehow.
Read the ahelp logs again. Plapatin asked you MULTIPLE TIMES why you did it, but you didn't respond to it once. Instead, you were just aggressive, used something that happened two rounds ago in your favour (as if that justified anything!) and complained about the current round. If you had the time to do that, you had the time to explain your reasoning. We understand when players are in the middle of something and cannot respond immediately, but you just chose to ignore his questions.
This appeal is denied, under the basis that you are unable to follow simple rules, and haven't proved otherwise in here either. Take this nice week to read the rules again -including forum ones- and reconsider your ways.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try