Filipenis's Ban Appeal - Gordon Jesse

Appeals which have been closed.
Filipenis

Filipenis's Ban Appeal - Gordon Jesse

Post by Filipenis » #51318

Byond account and character name: Filipenis / Gordon Jesse
Banning admin: grayrachnid
Ban reason and length: Bigotry on dec 15 [16:46:45]SAY: Gordon Jesse/Filipenis: Take that religious faggotry somewhere else old man.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-12-16 07:56:45
Your side of the story:
I was at the bar having rum and me and another character (do not remember his name) were smoking some cigs and drinking. I eventually began doing my best to roleplay being drunk which involved a-lot of mumbling and cursing at random things and people.

A chaplain walked into the bar and sat down. I didn't say anything until he started healing everyone with his bible so I said what I said above trying to continuously roleplay being drunk, based on the text I wasn't talking gibberish anymore so it most likely wore off before I said this unbeknownst to me.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I believe I should be given another chance, but I do understand why I was banned for this, especially if someone were to see the situation out of context and the poor timing of my drunkedness to wear off for it to appear I was simply bashing this guy for no reason. I understand that this sort of behavior, specifically bigotry, is frowned upon...although unlisted against in the rules. But nonetheless I do understand I made a mistake and wish to be unbanned, because there are definitely many underlying branches of the rules to where this would have resulted in a ban for me one way or the other.

If I would have been banned while online or contacted about the situation, I'm sure that (hopefully) things could have been worked out with the result of both parties understanding the situation. Because while I understand this would be a ban out of context, I do not believe this should have resulted in a ban in character.

Please consider
Last edited by Filipenis on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Filipenis's Ban Appeal - Gordon Jesse

Post by Saegrimr » #51324

You sure you got the right server? None of this is on our records.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: Filipenis's Ban Appeal - Gordon Jesse

Post by Aurx » #51325

There's no admin with the ckey grayrachnid on /tg/station, and we don't ban for bigotry.
You most likely got banned on a server that didn't properly replace the appeals URL for the ban message, and were erroneously directed here.

E: A quick google search indicates that grayrachnid appears to be a yogstation admin. Their forums are forum.yogstation.com
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN