[PeopleAreStrange] Arathian kebabopoulos

Appeals which have been closed.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

[PeopleAreStrange] Arathian kebabopoulos

Post by Arathian » #501108

quick edit: ban is for 1 day. I forgot to add it in the title. Woops.

Byond account and character name: Arathian / Arathian Kebabopoulos

Banning admin: PeopleAreStrange

Ban type (What are you banned from?): 1 day ban

Ban reason and length: Killed 2 people needlessly. Please re-read escalation policy

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 13:08:15 server time, round 111699

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Event Hall

Your side of the story:

Sigh....

I was a golem. I walk with RD corpse I was unable to clone (he died from exposure to space) down to shuttle.

From now on, I will quote logs. https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/eve ... attack.txt

I was a golem and was made by a sec, I walk to the hall and I see people murdering each other.
Vaikas/(Steven Teagarden) has fired at *no key*/(Evelynn Harquin) with the laser from Departure Lounge (NEWHP: -450) (Departure Lounge (106, 74, 2))

FatScoot/(shambling miner) has attacked *no key*/(Evelynn Harquin) (NEWHP: -450) (Departure Lounge (107, 75, 2))

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attacked Peter Flucher/(Janine Quirkstun) with spear (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 84) (Departure Lounge (107, 79, 2))
etc etc

I then proceed to stun intend the "miner" (turns out it was a mob. I believed it was nonsentient at the time, but not really relevant to this).
arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) has stunned FatScoot/(shambling miner) (NEWHP: 77) (Departure Lounge (107, 76, 2))
Then shambling miner starts attacking me
FatScoot/(shambling miner) has attacked arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) (NEWHP: 100) (Departure Lounge (107, 75, 2))
He does it a few times. Then two completely random guys, whom I had literally never interacted with before, joined in the fun! Why? Because "lol golem valid" I guess.
Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has attacked arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with combat shotgun (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 81.4) (Departure Lounge (106, 76, 2))

ATTACK: Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has attacked arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with combat shotgun (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76.9) (Departure Lounge (106, 76, 2))

Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has threw and hit arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with the combat shotgun (NEWHP: 68.7) (Departure Lounge (106, 77, 2))

Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has threw and hit arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with the combat shotgun (NEWHP: 60.3) (Departure Lounge (108, 77, 2))

Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has threw and hit arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with the shard (NEWHP: 55.8) (Departure Lounge (108, 77, 2))

Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has threw and hit arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with the broken glass of orange juice (NEWHP: 54) (Departure Lounge (106, 77, 2))

Blurbo/(Issac Jewell) has shoved arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) (NEWHP: 54) (Departure Lounge (107, 76, 2))

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attacked arathian/(Iron Golem (818)) with spear (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 49.5) (Departure Lounge (107, 77, 2))
Keep in mind, all this time, I never hit either of them, not even on stun intend. So far, I have not harmed Issac Jewell or Ramius Ranch. Or interacted with him in any way actually.

So, when I entered into "orange" health, I decided I had to fight back because they dudes were obviously trying to murder me for no conceivable reason.

No need for logs, the tl;dr is we fought and I won. I bashed Ramius enough to crit him and I killed issac for well...trying to murder me the most of all.

Again, if you check the logs, I never talked with them, I never interacted with them and both tried to murder me. They were both yielding deadly weapons and both were on harm intend and I was close to going into crit.

Escalation policy is good and useful and I understand it (I think). But I was literally being lynched for actually no reason. Keep in mind, while they were attacking me, I wasn't even two handed because I was carrying the corpse of the RD. i was obviously not in combat mode or a direct threat and they tried to murder me anyway.

I do not deserve the ban and i believe Issac does for trying to murder a random fucking guy on the escape.
Last edited by Arathian on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arathian

Re: [PeopleAreStrange] Arathian kebabopoulos

Post by Arathian » #501109

By the way, these are not all the logs. Issac especially kept trying to murder me constantly for no apparent reason. I tried to run away (to the escape maint), but I was a slow ass golem and he kept running behind me and chucking the spear at me.

it's why I decided to actually kill him. Escalation policy does state that when someone FIRST tries to murder you, you are allowed to kill him back. To quote the relevant part
If a player wrongs you(theft, attacks, etc), you may retaliate. If you choose to retaliate with violence, you in turn have opened yourself up to violence
I didn't even murder them over a shove or something. They both actively tried to murder me for a good 1-2 minutes before I retaliated. I believe escalation policy clearly states I am allowed to kill them once they use lethal force on me for no obvious reason.

edit: 2nd edit to clarify i didn't kill Ramius Ranch. I simply disabled him. Someone else killed him after he fought YET ANOTHER person.

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attacked Vicczel/(Swims-in-Space) with replica katana (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 42.5) (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 82, 1))

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attempted to punch RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) (NEWHP: 66.1) (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 77, 1))

A_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attacked Vicczel/(Swims-in-Space) with replica katana (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 22.3) (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 82, 1))

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attempted to punch RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) (NEWHP: 66.1) (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 77, 1))

DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) has attacked Vicczel/(Swims-in-Space) with replica katana (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 22.3) (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 82, 1))

[2019-06-27 13:00:16.320] ATTACK: RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) has attacked DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) with potted plant (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -27.6) (CentCom Recovery Ship (190, 79, 1))

[2019-06-27 13:00:17.487] ATTACK: RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) has attacked DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) with potted plant (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -34.6) (CentCom Recovery Ship (190, 79, 1))

[2019-06-27 13:00:18.621] ATTACK: RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) has attacked DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) with potted plant (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -42.2) (CentCom Recovery Ship (190, 79, 1))

[2019-06-27 13:00:19.580] ATTACK: RATFACEXD/(Jean-Luc Henry) has attacked DA_Mr_Roboto/(Ramius Ranch) with potted plant (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -49.2) (CentCom Recovery Ship (190, 79, 1))
he kept attacking random people after the fight with me. I killed one person, Issac who tried to murder me, as far as I can tell. Ramius got killed by Jean for attacking him.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #501112

From looking at the logs (also I appreciate you took the time to find the relevant logs as well), there were a few bits of info that I missed in the rush at the end of the round. For that I apologise.
Given the end of the round was indeed a cluster fuck and that you were attacked first (and had others just jump on you when you did this), I don't think its fair you cop a ban for this.

I guess my only feedback would be to, if available as sec (though this is only really a technicality given you were made by a sec and given a uniform) that you use stuns rather than letals to defuse a situation, it gives chance for explanations and generally controls the situation (it causes less angry people at any rate).

I'll lift the ban and remove the note.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Arathian

Post by Arathian » #501113

peoplearestrange wrote:From looking at the logs (also I appreciate you took the time to find the relevant logs as well), there were a few bits of info that I missed in the rush at the end of the round. For that I apologise.
Given the end of the round was indeed a cluster fuck and that you were attacked first (and had others just jump on you when you did this), I don't think its fair you cop a ban for this.

I guess my only feedback would be to, if available as sec (though this is only really a technicality given you were made by a sec and given a uniform) that you use stuns rather than letals to defuse a situation, it gives chance for explanations and generally controls the situation (it causes less angry people at any rate).

I'll lift the ban and remove the note.
Thank you!

I understand in the middle of the end of the round, it can be a rush with people yelling, it can be a problem. Cheers.