[Hulk] Cheaszie - Ban Evasion Misunderstanding

Post by Cheaszie » #502056

[Player name : Char name] Cheaszie : Yoshikage Kira

[Banning Admin] Hulkamania

[Ban Type] Unknown

[Ban Reason] Using an alt to ban evade

[Time Ban was placed] No idea

[Server I was playing on] /tg/station Event Hall

[My side of the story]: I played on July 1st around 11pm EST with my friends. The following morning I tried to play again, but it stated I was banned for being an alt of monkeyman901 and my account was used to ban evade. This is false, and I have no idea who monkeyman901 is, so it is impossible for me to have helped him ban evade

[Why I think I should be unbanned]: As stated above, I have no association with monkeyman901. This is a misunderstanding, and I have nothing to do with the player in question. I'd like to be unbanned so I may continue playing on the server
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Hulk] Cheaszie - Ban Evasion Misunderstanding

Post by elyina » #502062

There are no bans attached to your account, and after looking through your IP address and computer ID, I can't really see any reason why the system would think you are someone else. Are you trying to connect on a public access computer/connection, like one at a university or a library? Or using a proxy/VPN? Have you gotten this error multiple times while trying to play?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #502063

They are tripping a sticky ban, as per their digg thread
https://old.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... e_claimed/

only way to stop it is to lift the underlying sticky ban that they're caught on
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #502064

although actually, with the new db based stickybans I think you can exempt their ckey specifically
Cheaszie

Post by Cheaszie » #502065

Its not a public computer, and after checking the server again, the ban is still in place for me. I haven't been playing for too long, but this is the first time this has happened to me
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #502066

Hulk applied a stickyban and failed to apply a server ban alongside it.
Not sure what evidence there is that you are monkeyman. I’ll wait for Hulk before taking action on this, if you’re actually a monkeyman alt then it will become very obvious once you’re unbanned because that dude is a giant retard.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #502069

The fact that you took the time to appeal this ban makes me think otherwise. I had a conversation with him and he was being very dodgy, asking me several questions. After a time he said he was using your account, and as your account was fairly new I presumed that he was being truthful and was using it to evade our ban detection. I'll lift the ban shortly.

Additionally in the thread you said you tried to contact me personally but couldn't, my discord is open so I'm not sure why you had difficulty doing that. I'll have it lifted shorty for you.