[kinglousXIV] Cobraman - Noobie singularity mistake

Appeals which have been closed.
Cobraman202
Byond Username: Cobraman

Post by Cobraman202 » #52327

Cobraman un-ban request

Byond account and character name: Cobraman (Only part of my character name i can recall is Ayn)
Banning admin: kinglousXIV
Ban type: Singularty overload
Ban reason and length: Intentionally disabling the power collectors, turning the generator to max and then calling singularity escape over the radio preemptively , perma-ban (i think, i dont know how to check)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-12-19 23:04:27 CST
Your side of the story: I was new to the class and the game in general so i just started messing around with the singularity generator as i heard that it was the most important part so i wanted to learn what all the bits did, went wandering around that station for a bit, got back and a lot of bits of the singularity generator were missing and i couldn't turn it off so i hopped into a escape pod called that the singularity was about to escape, then got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am new to the game and didn't know what to do. I was just messing around with things i shouldn't have been touching and i see that. I never did anything harmful intentional i was just careless. normal i play a doctor roll of some type so i had even less experience. the singularity never got out of the force field thing but i knew it was going to soon so thats why i called the singularity is out over the raido, so we could have a head start on it and the escape shuttle could come sooner.
Last edited by peoplearestrange on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title edit for clarity
Player of Aden Mcclymonds, Liliana Murphy, and Darrel Williams.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Re: Cobraman un-ban request

Post by KingLouisXIV » #52337

The most amount of beef I had with the entire situation is that you looked to disable every single collector as well as turn the PA to maximum. Before it even released, you said that it had escaped and to call the shuttle. Again, before it had released, and well after you had disabled the collectors and maxed out the PA.

You had spent the round earlier saying that the singularity was getting too large, (It was at Stage 4) but you went and turned the Particle Accelerator on, and then turned the collectors off? I don't understand your actions here.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #52338

I watched this take place. What KingLouis said above is exactly as it happened. I would like to know what you meant by singularity generator, do you mean the PA, or the actual singulo itself?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Cobraman202

Post by Cobraman202 » #52339

KingLouisXIV wrote:The most amount of beef I had with the entire situation is that you looked to disable every single collector as well as turn the PA to maximum. Before it even released, you said that it had escaped and to call the shuttle. Again, before it had released, and well after you had disabled the collectors and maxed out the PA.

You had spent the round earlier saying that the singularity was getting too large, (It was at Stage 4) but you went and turned the Particle Accelerator on, and then turned the collectors off? I don't understand your actions here.
I men to do it the other way around. for some reason i though that the particle accelerator made it smaller and the collectors bigger. I asked a friend about this and i guess he got it the wrong way around. I turned the collectors off since i though it would reduce the size by causing it to not have to expand as much to expand to meet energy requirements. I am very sorry about this and will stay away from engi now on if i get unbanned.
Cobraman202

Post by Cobraman202 » #52340

tedward1337 wrote:I watched this take place. What KingLouis said above is exactly as it happened. I would like to know what you meant by singularity generator, do you mean the PA, or the actual singulo itself?
the singularity. i have no clue what a singularity generator is.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #52341

Thank you for replying.
I'm tentatively reducing your ban to one day, since you did effectively end the round by letting the singularity go.

However...
You're under close watch for the time being, please take the day and research the Guide to Engineering and some other helpful gameplay tips on our wiki. Next time, your best option is: If you don't know exactly what it does, don't touch it.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_engineering
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Singularit ... ingularity
Cobraman202

Post by Cobraman202 » #52346

KingLouisXIV wrote:Thank you for replying.
I'm tentatively reducing your ban to one day, since you did effectively end the round by letting the singularity go.

However...
You're under close watch for the time being, please take the day and research the Guide to Engineering and some other helpful gameplay tips on our wiki. Next time, your best option is: If you don't know exactly what it does, don't touch it.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_engineering
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Singularit ... ingularity
thank you so much! it was really daft of me to mess with something so important. I will make sure ill read the guide for ANY new job i play