[zxaber] Note appeal - Operative ship placement

Appeals which have been closed.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

[zxaber] Note appeal - Operative ship placement

Post by Anuv » #502836

Just now noticed this note from a few days ago from when I was an op.

Note #56222 for anuv by zxaber
Posted 4 days ago
As an Op, placed their assault ship right outside arrivals, which left the turrets sniping at people who were spawning in and still on the arrivals shuttle. Please avoid doing this in the future.
During 112520 on Bagil

I forget what exactly was said in the ahelps considering they were done as I was trying to heal up as the last op having found the ship at arrivals. But I placed the shuttle next to the AI sat and got off to bomb tcomms and remained in space while I told the other operatives to attack from arrivals. I bombed tcomms, headed up to NE solars, and emagged a borg in space while they were going to move the shuttle and attack from arrivals. I don't remember the exact details but I do remember myself getting off the shuttle alone and telling them to attack from arrivals. I only came back to the ship later in the round to heal and find how close it was, got bwoinked, and then after which I moved it to below chapel. When I got to arrivals I was surprised at how far the turrets were seemingly able to shoot with the custom landing exclusion zones already in place to prevent close proximity to arrival/escape shuttles. There was nothing malicious in the placement, though they/we were unaware of the turrets being that effective, so I was surprised to see I got noted for it like that (aimed at me specifically) when I wasn't even on the shuttle when it was moved and only got questioned when I came back to heal.

Thankies for reading.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: [zxaber] Note appeal - Operative ship placement

Post by zxaber » #502941

Seems like there was some confusion in the ahelps. I wasn't aware the ship had been moved twice and thought that the first move was to place it outside arrivals. But the logs seem to match up with your story, and it appears I had the wrong person after all.

I'll go ahead and remove the note.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #502964

No problem and no hard feelings, I figured with the chaos and all, thanks.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #502967

Another happy customer.