Appeals which have been closed.
Yeasty
Byond Username: Yeasty

[DaxYeen] Yeasty - Admins fault

Post by Yeasty » #502940

Byond account and character name: Yeasty, Fingler Pinewood
Banning admin: DaxYeen
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Pushed a man into a teleporter leading to a death machine that was clearly visible.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 1:45 GMT+3
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Jerry(fix that already)
Your side of the story: The admins had spawned in a syndie borg in a glass case and had made a "treadmill" for him leading to a singularity. People had set up a quantum pad to try and save the borg but the borg died. Then a teleporter beacon appeared on the "treadmill" and a centcom announcment was made telling the people to use the teleporter on a specific beacon to: enjoy Mr Bones Wild ride. I saw a person near the teleporter so i pushed him in, not knowing that the "Mr Bones Wild ride" was actually connected to the "treadmill"
Why you think you should be unbanned: Its the admins fault for not specifying that thats where the teleport location lead. I thought that the beacon on the "treadmill" was either A: someone teleported it on the "treadmill" and it got bugged out or B: The admins just messing with people. I didnt think that the admins would actually do something so stupid.

I know this ban wont be even noticed until 6 years have gone by due to the incredible amounts of time mods take to do anything.

Also, i would like to point out that the appeal system is completley bullshit. You state your name and banning admin in the subject, and then for some reason you have to state them again? Then theres the fact that there are more than the 2 servers(Sybil and Bagil). You also have to state your time zone. What the fuck is the point of that? Could someone ellaborate on that please? And i really think that the "your side of the story" and "why you think you should be unbanned" should be merged into one because theyre practically the same thing, and it only takes time to try and make it less akward by seperating information into 2 pieces. Also, dont you keep server logs? If so, then the first half of the appeal is completley pointless.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [DaxYeen] Yeasty - Admins fault

Post by Dax Dupont » #502944

It told people to put the teleporter to the corporate show room, which literally was where the beacon was and the threadmill. Better yet the ride was literally visible from the teleporter room as it borderd it.

To recap you didn't know the showroom would harm even though there were Singularities and thread mills. Which you were staring at for most of the round
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #502947

Yeasty wrote: Also, i would like to point out that the appeal system is completley bullshit. You state your name and banning admin in the subject, and then for some reason you have to state them again? Then theres the fact that there are more than the 2 servers(Sybil and Bagil). You also have to state your time zone. What the fuck is the point of that? Could someone ellaborate on that please? And i really think that the "your side of the story" and "why you think you should be unbanned" should be merged into one because theyre practically the same thing, and it only takes time to try and make it less akward by seperating information into 2 pieces. Also, dont you keep server logs? If so, then the first half of the appeal is completley pointless.
To answer your question, I believe the reason why this information is included is specifically so that admins and players can look up the relevant logs more easily, as well as bookkeeping purposes. The fact that it says "sybil or basil" is because it's out of date and people cant agree what to change it to. The reason a time-zone is included is to avoid ambiguity about what timezone people mean when they say "3PM" for example.

The two sections are seperate because a large number of ban appeals are from people who were correctly banned but wish for leniency, and it makes more sense to seperate them in that case to my knowledge.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Yeasty

Post by Yeasty » #502952

Dax Dupont wrote:It told people to put the teleporter to the corporate show room, which literally was where the beacon was and the threadmill. Better yet the ride was literally visible from the teleporter room as it borderd it.

To recap you didn't know the showroom would harm even though there were Singularities and thread mills. Which you were staring at for most of the round
As i clearly stated in the appeal, i didnt know it was linked to the treadmill

What part of "corporate showroom" indicates that it teleports to a treadmill that leads to a singularity?

I didnt know that it would harm not because of the singularities and treadmills, but because i didnt know where it fuckind led

Please read the appeal fully before you say something
Yeasty

Post by Yeasty » #502953

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Yeasty wrote: Also, i would like to point out that the appeal system is completley bullshit. You state your name and banning admin in the subject, and then for some reason you have to state them again? Then theres the fact that there are more than the 2 servers(Sybil and Bagil). You also have to state your time zone. What the fuck is the point of that? Could someone ellaborate on that please? And i really think that the "your side of the story" and "why you think you should be unbanned" should be merged into one because theyre practically the same thing, and it only takes time to try and make it less akward by seperating information into 2 pieces. Also, dont you keep server logs? If so, then the first half of the appeal is completley pointless.
To answer your question, I believe the reason why this information is included is specifically so that admins and players can look up the relevant logs more easily, as well as bookkeeping purposes. The fact that it says "sybil or basil" is because it's out of date and people cant agree what to change it to. The reason a time-zone is included is to avoid ambiguity about what timezone people mean when they say "3PM" for example.

The two sections are seperate because a large number of ban appeals are from people who were correctly banned but wish for leniency, and it makes more sense to seperate them in that case to my knowledge.
Ah, well i guess that makes sense
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #502987

It led to the corporate show room, where the contraption was obviously located. Not only does the teleporter room border said room, the walls were also replaced by windows.

Also how can you possibly not equate Mr bones wild ride with the contraption when it was covered in 10 centcom posters and you saw people getting teleported there.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #502988

Also appeal denied headmins can comment on it.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #503262

Ban has expired so this is a note appeal now.

The note is factually correct.