Appeals which have been closed.
Tapubulu
Byond Username: Tapubulu

[Zxaber] Tapubulu-ban apeal

Post by Tapubulu » #503801

Byond account and character name: Tapubulu & Alexander Wolff

Banning admin: Zxaber
Ban type: Temporary ban

Ban reason and length: "As a syndicate lavaland ghost role, killed the other workers and then blew up the base. Initially lied to me saying they just found the others like that." Ban Length: 3 Days
Time ban was placed (including time zone):Ban was placed on 21:40:14 Eastern Standard Time

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: I died in the escape shuttle and then rejoined as a syndicate bio weapon scientist and when I spawned in, I found that most of the base was destroyed or exposed to the outside. I then walked down one of the main hallways and I see two people in soft crit on the ground, these people were both syndicate scientists and I'm pretty sure they are responsible for the damage to the outpost. I then ask one of them if they are OK and if they need help and they tell me to fuck off. I then shot one of them in the head and assisted the other. I then get an admin PM asking why I killed the guy I actually helped and I said that I didn't kill him. Then the admin shows me the logs of me shooting the other guy and I told him that he was about to die and insulted me. At this point I set the self destruct charge to detonate because the damage to the station rendered it unusable. At this point I was banned and the round ended shortly after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I should be unbanned because I don't think the admin was correct on his judgement. I did not lie to the admin as they asked me about a totally different person and the round was already in the process of ending. I used the self destruct to prevent other people from spawning at the already destroyed base.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: [Zxaber] Tapubulu-ban apeal

Post by zxaber » #503811

Round was 113552.

So I looked over the logs again, and you're right. I confused the two, and you never did actually attack the person I was speaking about. That's my mistake.

That being said, you still attacked Jaylee Brinigh for no good reason I can see, and still blew up the base which killed you and also the one you healed.

Code: Select all

ATTACK: tapubulu/(Jaylee Parker) has fired at [------]/(Jaylee Brinigh) with .50 bullet from Syndicate Lavaland Primary Hallway (NEWHP: -10.3)
GAME: tapubulu/(Jaylee Parker) has primed a self destruct device at Syndicate Lavaland Primary Hallway (120, 138, 5) for detonation (Payload: large bomb payload). (Syndicate Lavaland Primary Hallway (119, 138, 5))
Seeing as I made the mistake about you being dishonest, I am willing to lower the ban to what I would have given you just for murdering another syndicate coworker, which is a day ban and a week ghost-role ban. I'll also edit the note to reflect what actually happened.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Tapubulu
Byond Username: Tapubulu

Re: [Zxaber] Tapubulu-ban apeal

Post by Tapubulu » #503813

thank you