Appeals which have been closed.
RagingTuna
Byond Username: RagingTuna

[Nervere] RagingTuna - Really?

Post by RagingTuna » #503887

Byond account and character name: RagingTuna / Zayden Schrader
Banning admin: Nervere
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Crit someone after they entered their office for a (very) brief duration of time. This is somewhat understandable because of the tider EARLIER in the shift, but there was no active threat when he did this and critting them wasn\'t really warranted. In the context of your note history, you\'re really at your limit here, and future bans will likely be permanent. This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 3 days.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 16:40~ CET 20.07.2019
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry/Larry/Whatever the name is
Your side of the story: I had my office as HoP broken in so fast I could barely grab the gun, I didn't even get to give me AA in time, by the clown/mime of that round. Caroline Dupont, the assistant, decided to run in and do whatever she was doing in my office WHILE I was trying to arrest the pair (they escaped) and got crit batonned for it. She got healed by a doctor afterwards and I was trying to message/explain the situation the whole shift, but instead got removed from the game as acting captain?

Why you think you should be unbanned: Rule 1, precedent 5: Players who attempt to break into the captain's office, head of personnel's office, or the bridge at or near roundstart for no legitimate reason put themselves at risk for being legitimately killed by the captain, heads of staff, or security.. I was trying to protect my office and I did NOT intend to nor kill the person and I genuinely believe it is unfair that I am banned from trying to protect my workplace from shitters in (as far as my understanding on the rules) accordance with the rules. How am I to protect my office from three fucking people breaking in than using whatever I have at my disposal? Did I permakill the guy or something? No, I put him in crit, let him get healed and went to track down the duo that was being shitty, one of which got released anyways as he stopped being a shitter.

To the best of my knowledge I'm following the rules and I think Nervere might want to actually look into the situation and how I was feeling instead of just slapping bans on me because a guy got critted and let go for trespassing in my workplace while I was trying to arrest literal two people for doing the exact same. I genuinely believe this is an IC issue as I did NOT set him on arrest after, I did NOT kill/permakill him and I oversaw him being taken by a doctor after I beat him up with a baton for trespassing. The rules say you get a day of ban per person killed, and I got a three day ban for critting a person WITHIN the rules.
Last edited by RagingTuna on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Nervere] RagingTuna - Really?

Post by bobbahbrown » #503888

This ban occurred in round 113608 on Terry, the following links will not be available until the round has concluded. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [Nervere] RagingTuna - Really?

Post by Dax Dupont » #503890

Do not appeal until the round has ended.