[didn't catch the banner's name] Discord Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

[didn't catch the banner's name] Discord Ban Appeal

Post by ATHATH » #505857

Discord ID and (if not the same) your commonly used names: ATHATH#3225
Banning admin (if known): Unknown (from M.E.)
Time ban was placed (approximate): At around 3 PM (PT) today (8/2/2019)
Your side of the story: I pinged the headmins once to ask them about a policy question (Do clowns and mimes have loosened non-antag virus restrictions?), and got banned for it.

It should be noted that I had been warned previously for overuse of headmin pings, but that was over a week ago and I had not used a headmin ping between then and the ping that got me banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Is a ban not somewhat of an excessive punishment for the committed crime here?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [didn't catch the banner's name] Discord Ban Appeal

Post by bobbahbrown » #505859

ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Post by ATHATH » #505863

To clarify before someone asks: The second ATHATH account was created accidentally when I tried to log into Discord from a new location (or some other weird circumstance), IIRC. I don't think I even know how to access it, seeing as how it shares a name (and a password? I dunno) with my "real" account.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #506128

I realize you weren't evading, I just applied the ban on the alt for good measure.
Wubli already warned you for pinging headmin for every single policy question you have. The point of the ping is for urgent things, not normal policy questions.
The reason why it is a ban now is to drive the point home that you REALLY need to stop this.
If you pledge to stop abusing the role ping, I will lift this ban.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Post by ATHATH » #506222

Nervere wrote:I realize you weren't evading, I just applied the ban on the alt for good measure.
Wubli already warned you for pinging headmin for every single policy question you have. The point of the ping is for urgent things, not normal policy questions.
The reason why it is a ban now is to drive the point home that you REALLY need to stop this.
If you pledge to stop abusing the role ping, I will lift this ban.
I pledge to stop abusing the role ping.

I had previously thought that pinging headmins was for minor issues, and that making a thread in policy discussion was for big issues. I was not correct in that thought.