[Jimmus] Mastloff - Banned for "brand new account" and fighting

Appeals which have been closed.
MAstloff

[Jimmus] Mastloff - Banned for "brand new account" and fighting

Post by MAstloff » #510823

Byond account and character name: Mastloff, Hermann Holt
Banning admin: Jimmus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): All /tg/ server
Ban reason and length: "brand new account threw plasma in departures, lit it on fire, refused to answer all ahelps. please explain what you were doing on the forums" Permanently
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2019-08-27, 15:22:25 UTC+01:00, Ban ID 0
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I believe it was Event Hall [EU]

Your side of the story: Earlier that round I had been attacked by a clown (I do not remember his name), naturally I was out for vengance as security didn't seem to care. Being a chemist I didn't have access to any weapons so I thought I'd throw chemicals at him to hurt him for what he did to me. I wasn't familiar with plasma but I had heard it's pretty bad stuff so I went with that. The clown came to medical lobby just before the escape shuttle arrived and tried to break into the chem labs, a security guard just stod there and told us to get to the shuttle as it had arrived even though I was asking him for help, that is when I got the plan to throw the plasma as I knew where the clown would be. When the clown left I ran down to departures, I spotted him and without hesitating I threw the bottles of plasma at him. It didn't seem to do much until something caused it to catch fire (the clown had pulled out a flame thrower at this point). I was engulfed in flames and died quickly, the shuttle left and the round ended shortly after and that's when I got the message about my ban.
I saw this entire situation as roleplaying but I admit I got out of hand and I should not have acted in such a drastic way.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think I should go completely without a ban, what I did and the damage I caused is reason for a ban, I can understand that and accept it. However I think a permanent banning me fro all servers is a little harsh and unjust.
As far as I'm aware the only person I killed was myself and my intentions were not to grief or harm anyone outside of the players involved in the dispute.
As for the "ahelps" I didn't know what they were or that I had any until after the round. From what I understand now those are admin messages which I had overlooked by mistake.
My account is new but it's not "brand new", it was made 9th of April this year and I've played SS13 for many hours and never been in any arguments or trouble with admin or players before.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Re: [Jimmus] Mastloff - Banned for "brand new account" and fighting

Post by Jimmius » #510841

I'm reducing the ban to a day, the perma was mainly to get you to give your side of the story, because you refused to answer any admin PMs, which is probably not a good sign if you've just burned down all of departures with plasma. In future, don't plasma flood departures because of a dumb IC fight, your RP reasons don't allow you to mass grief like that.
I've also edited the note to reflect the fact this was overescalation, not random grief.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [Jimmus] Mastloff - Banned for "brand new account" and fighting

Post by Krusvik » #511346

Resolved and locked.