vekter - CheSquatt - Chaplain/Assistant Ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
chesquatt
Byond Username: CheSquatt

vekter - CheSquatt - Chaplain/Assistant Ban.

Post by chesquatt » #53939

Byond account and character name: CheSquatt, Tommy Chav

Banning admin: vekter

Ban type (e.g. Engineering jobban): Assistant Job Ban, Chaplain Job Ban

Ban reason and length: "Started Race Riot against Lizards because >le funny racist face, ended up fucking up the entire round and getting people killed. Sounds like greytide to me." then added "Appeal in a couple weeks.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Not totally positive, but around Midnight Mountain Standard.

Your side of the story: I spawned in as Chaplain, as Tommy Chav who as a character is a racist british guy who hates Lizards because "what fer stealin human joobs." So I decided to start a religion to galvanize the human race against the lizards. Our savior was David Icke, we were the church of the NT Defense League. I put out the announcement for people to come and join the Church if they want to get rid of the lizards from the workplace. To my great surprise about 6 people showed up. One with the head shaver. So it then became a rule to shave your head to be part of the church. By the time everyone had their head shaved we had about 8 people in the church, even some sec. I was dizzy with success of the religion so I decided to make a move, first the librarian joined us and began filled everywhere with anti-lizard literature. Then we march down the hallway and saw a lizard in botany, we hopped over the counter and dragged him into the hallway, where he was stripped of his ID and fairly quickly (as far as I know) set free.
We did similar things in Medical, and Science. However when we got into science because a human reported a lot of lizards, and dropped his ID outside science for m. Then some "Dirty izzard fackin traitors" used golden slime to repel the shaven head assault on their department, which resulted in some serious death and injury not only among the human race warriors, but among scientists and people in the hallway. I think someone mentioned the captain or someone got knocked into crit by a pine tree.
After this, security was paying attention obviously because as we were regrouping in the Chapel, they showed up and said "Your coming with me!" to which I hid behind the Christmas tree whilst a battle ensued between security and the NTDL. I ran into the maint shaft where I saw a shaven headed NTDL being arrested, so I pushed over the sec guard, then the other person stunend him. I then cuffed him and thought we could take him hostage, but he went braindead so he was then stripped. After this it was kind of a low intensity conflict with Security, I think some people had hatchets and cut some people, as far as I saw nobody was killed by the NTDL, but I could be mistaken. I myself, as far as I remember only disarmed people, and handcuffed one person, but I may have got a single attack in at some point but I remember consciously thinking I shouldn't do that. I Thought it was over when Tommy Chav was arrested and brought to that cold back room and injected, turns out those syringes just have sleep toxin, so I came to and was discovered and brought to the escape shuttle. Then I heard a commotion and saw the shuttle was full of horrible monsters from Xeno then I saw "THIS IS WHAT YOU LIZARDS GET" in chat. This was not what I wanted, this was not what I intended.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I should begin by saying that I am banned from both Assistant and Chaplain for this series of events. Chaplain maybe, assistant is a bit of a weird choice. Anyhow, the way I see it, this was not a "Grey tide." We did not break into areas and just steal whatever we wanted, we act randomly. We targeted lizards, we had a religion, a uniform (shaven heads) and were spreading literature. This is far more developed than a grey tide, and in it exists an actual degree of character and roleplay. I remember actually reading in the OCC chat (maybe a little Icky in Ocky) "This round is awesome" a couple times. I remember seeing an organized group of lizards marching down the hallways for safety in number, I remember getting a message from collaborators within a department who also wanted to see the lizards out and gave us our in. This is not the character of a Greytide, but an actual roleplay developed by a chaplain who managed to gain zealous followers, which I presume should be the goal of a proselytizing chaplain.
That ALL being said. I don't understand why I got banned from both positions. In one case, it is saying I abused the position as the Chaplain, but in doing this you are admitting that do a degree the Chaplain has a special RP role to gain followers. Otherwise, why ban me from the position? I have stated above how the NTDL was a developed RP group of religious zealots, and that the Chaplain (me) managed to spread the word in a powerful way and gain these followers. Maybe this is Abuse of my ability to speak "what wiff beautiful werds," but it seems like Chaplains should strive to gain zealous followers, like any religion.
The Second Ban being assistant, with it is attached the idea that the NTDL was a greytide. It was not, as I mentioned above the character of a Greytide was lacking. This is coupled with the Chaplain ban that this was an action attached to me being the Chaplain with his role of gaining followers, which kind of takes out of question the possibility of being a grey tide.
To conclude, this is a One, the other, or a neither situation. I do admit that my actions caused problems, I don't think more than a lot of other random events that have occurred on the station, and I don't think enough to warrant that much of a punishment. But I think the racial antagonism on the station is not "greytiding" but the subject of actual contradiction among the crew that is okay to be focused on from time to time. But if I am to be punished, say I either abused my position as the Chaplain in doing what I did, or that I greytided. These two accusations are however, somewhat incompatible given the context.
If the admins think this whole punishment is a silly way to punish a character for creating fun conflict not randomly spawned, then by all means lift it. But I can accept responsibility if I was just being a shitler, and I will admit fault. However I feel like if both of these bans are in place there is a contradiction in the implied charges, and one or the other should be lifted.

Please and thankyou.
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
chesquatt

Re: vekter - CheSquatt - Chaplain/Assistant Ban.

Post by chesquatt » #53940

http://i.gyazo.com/1d2571fa02ed3fe50bbd762bf3a648a5.png

SS of the ban.

Who david Icke is, not a serial killer or terrorist. Just stupid.
http://www.vice.com/video/david-icke-an ... pse-part-2
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #53974

Alright, so here's the thought process behind the bans.

The assistant ban is pretty standard for anyone who starts a greytide. I was told by the headmins to treat these like greytide, so assistant ban it was. If this was your first assistant ban, I'd consider lowering it, but since you've got a history of this kinda thing, take a break and we'll talk about it in a while.

The Chaplain ban seems odd, but I decided on it because you decided to use your job to start a riot against half the station. Intentional or not, multiple people got fucked over because of what happened. This shows you can't be trusted with making a religion. Seeing on here you've been banned for something pretty similar in the past (using religion as an excuse to dunk people), so we're keeping that one too.

Don't remember you being around for the greytide thing, but tl;dr is that the job selector went nuts a few years back and assigned Assistant to half the crew. Someone started screaming GREY TIDE WORLD WIDE, people died, sec got dunked for nothing, and so on. Since then we've been taking a pretty heavy stance against anything that even remotely resembles greytide.

Aaaaaanyway, ban stays for the time being. Give it some thought and we'll come back to it in a few weeks.

E: I'll look into the thing with the slimes, as well. I knew it happened, but wasn't aware that anyone died from it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
chesquatt

Post by chesquatt » #53979

fine by me I guess. And I'm not sure anyone died from the slimes either, but I wouldn't be surprised at all. And I understand I have a poor past, is there some kind of community service to clear my record?
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
Jaimon
Byond Username: Jaimon

Post by Jaimon » #54028

I dont see how anyone's gameplay was ruined. The religion did not cause a single death. You yourself even stated on irc that you didnt even investigate the situation. You got an admin page and power tripped. I was part of the round and it was a blast.

<Vekter18> I didn't investigate because I didn't hand out any fucking bans because it was a clusterfuck, theonly one who actually got banned was the gold slime guy and one guy got an assistant ban for starting the whole thing.

Seems a job ban is a little over the top for someone that was creating content and making the game fun.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #54032

So as I told you on IRC last night, I was using the time after that round was over to investigate what was going on. I placed the assistant jobban because I felt, from what I was hearing on my end, like it had caused more trouble than anything. The Chaplain ban was because it was, from what I had seen , a thinly veiled excuse to tool around the station as a mob and cause trouble. The HoS got axed half to death, some guy died from the slime thing and the captain ended up spacing someone for stupid bullshit. It was a clusterfuck.

I wasn't around for the beginning of the round. All I saw was that the HoS told me seven of the skinhead guys were trying to kill sec members and it all went to shit from there.

I have trouble seeing how "acting like a racist fuckwit" is enjoyable but to each their own.

The ban stays, only because he has a history of being a shitter chaplain and greytiding.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

chesquatt

Post by chesquatt » #54313

I appreciate this thread being restored very much.
I hope those involved in the round will give their sides of the story as well as myself.
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #54334

Was an engineer in this round that got his job changed to robotics in the hope of getting borged eventually. I walk into robotics to see a mob in R&D chasing the lizard roboticist back into robotics. Seems they had ran him out making him unable to do his job. They then start cutting down walls and breaking windows trying to get in and lynch him. I threaten to remove some brains and they fuck off to xenobio where the other lizardman was hiding. They have him him cornered in the last cell as they try to beat him. I run in and help distract them so the guy runs off. I spent the rest of the round until the shuttle came trying to keep my lizard friends safe. Then on the shuttle I had to weld myself into the storage area at the back of the shuttle to not be fucked by those gold slimes.

All in all you didnt ruin my round but I am pretty sure you ruined someones round
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #54382

I was the AI that round. Pretty much a lot of people used the race war as an excuse to greytide against security because someone (I think it was the HoP) kept saying that they were supporting the lizards. People were also trying to kill the borgs for trying to stop the riots as well, which was annoying since I was a traitor as well.

It ended with a riot outside the Brig and a bunch of people killed and angry in deadchat. The chaplain had little to do with it but people thought that they can do whetever they want with the gimmick thinking that the only person who would get banned would be the chaplain. I believe another admin said that this devolved into a thinly veiled greytide as well and bans would be handed out all around. If only he was banned then that's a huge problem because it was more than him starting shit.

Also, security was pretty much forced to go to lethal when the rioters refused to stop breaking into the brig, and it was a large point of rage in OOC after the round ended.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #54386

If anyone knows anybody involved that didn't get their shit slapped, PM their ckey to me. I'll make sure it gets handled.
Spoiler:

Trognar

Post by Trognar » #54416

I was Gannon Green during the round in question, and whilst I didn't really partake in the supposed "le greytide :^)" part of this motley crew of lizard haters I was apart of it. Though I did no more than attempt to act as their legal supervisor, I was the lawyer, and follow them around at a distance and say at most two or three things over the radio about lizards. I am actually quite surprised that for all the people who died, which if I remember was maybe only two or three people, the chaplain was blamed for any of it. I feel as if before we go on any further lets take a look at what the mob did from beginning to end.

Round starts and the chaplain decided to spew up some hatred for lizards, gathering men from all corners of the station. Group gathers at the chapel, words are said, heads are shaved, what have you. Chaplain decides it's time for us to roam the halls a bit. We start heading down to medical but before we get there half of us slip on bananas that the botanists had been cooking up and constantly throwing out. One person jumps over the desk and starts pushing them, the botanist immediately escalates to using a hatchet on the guy and that's when security opens the doors and tasers the botanist and cuffs them. The oddest part was the sec officer left the botanist cuffed and just left him with us. So we dragged the lizard back to the chapel, someone stripped him but never took any of his belongings, and we left him there stripped and cuffed. No harm done, it takes fuck all time to get out of some cuffs and he could of gotten help to make it even faster.

Someone acquired a scientist ID so we decided to check out science, we get in and spot a lizard in R&D, this is where shit got bad and would of been the place for admin intervention. Everyone gathered in the hallway outside of research and one of us, don't know his name but he was the black guy, started hatcheting the lizard, people started yelling at him to stop, he finally stops but then the lizard ran into robotics. After a bit we knew we couldn't get in so we ran down to xeno, the scientist there sees us and without a word releases gold slimes on us. Everyone scatters and there wasn't much of a mob after that.

Somewhere along the lines the captain stirs shit up by making an announcement about a traitor whom was caught who just so "happened" to be a lizard. Whats left of the "mob" go back to the chapel, security starts stunning people, they get the chaplain and run to the brig, everyone follows and guess who starts getting violent again? The random greyshit from the R&D incident. Security goes balistic, bada bing bada boom people get perma brigged, mob scatters, and sooner or later the round ended.

A little long winded of a story but I felt as if someone needed to come here and tell the entire story for what happened truthfully. I was there the entire time, never touched anyone just watched from afar. Was what the chaplain did considered shit? Yes, but I feel as if it was more warn worthy. He has no control over the greyshirts that follow him no matter what we fool ourselves to believe. The people that did anything harmful did it on their own accord, the botanist got what was coming to him regardless of if he was a lizard or not, and the one scientist who released gold slimes, I believe they were NOT the same one from the shuttle griff incident at the end of the round, ended up never being touched by us but rather being arrested by security. The scientist in R&D is the only real tragedy of the situation as all he did was mind his business and was physically attacked by someone. Everyone else just got to see us people yell at them through windows, robotics shouldn't even be complaining as that's all that happened to them, if someone actually broke in it would be a different story.

EDIT: If any other incident happened near the brig after the first time the chaplain was detained then I didn't see it. Also after reading the roboticists response I would like to note that no one beat the scientist in xenobio, when we ran down there he had already constructed a desk to block the door, and upon seeing one of us he injected a few gold slimes then hid inside one of the slime pens. I can guarantee the only reason someone tried welding down one of the walls outside of robotics was to escape the xenos released from the gold slimes.
soulgamer

Post by soulgamer » #54451

No the walls were cut down before the xenos were released. I arrived at xenobio to the last of the xenos being killed and a small mob (smaller than before admittedly) cornering a lizard in the bottom right pen. I believe the captain was there helping the mob at this time. However the xenobiologist HAD just released xenos on the station even if it was self defense.
Trognar

Post by Trognar » #54476

soulgamer wrote:No the walls were cut down before the xenos were released. I arrived at xenobio to the last of the xenos being killed and a small mob (smaller than before admittedly) cornering a lizard in the bottom right pen. I believe the captain was there helping the mob at this time. However the xenobiologist HAD just released xenos on the station even if it was self defense.
Either you are lying or blind. The captain was NOT there, it was the HoS and a borg there to arrest the scientist. He let the slimes out and nearly killed me, I had done nothing but stand there watching everything unfold. He attempted to drag the only other member of the "mob" into one of the slime pens with him. He was not cornered at all, he was simply trying to kill me and, if I remember correctly, Rube. There were two of us there at any time, and before all of this no walls were cut down. I remember an atmos tech attempting to cut one down but quickly stopped soon after using his welder.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #54532

Vekter wrote:If anyone knows anybody involved that didn't get their shit slapped, PM their ckey to me. I'll make sure it gets handled.
How are the players going to know ckeys? Why not character names?
Also, how are the players all supposed to know who did/didn't "get their shit slapped"?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #54552

Aurx wrote:
Vekter wrote:If anyone knows anybody involved that didn't get their shit slapped, PM their ckey to me. I'll make sure it gets handled.
Also, how are the players all supposed to know who did/didn't "get their shit slapped"?
I think the understanding here is that some are complaining that "others didn't get punished so why am I?" That assumes in itself that they know who did and didn't get punished. Ckeys can be acquired from logs by any admin on request.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #54555

cedarbridge wrote:
Aurx wrote:
I think the understanding here is that some are complaining that "others didn't get punished so why am I?" That assumes in itself that they know who did and didn't get punished. Ckeys can be acquired from logs by any admin on request.
This. I was saying that I might have missed a few things so if anything specific happened that they believe wasn't handled they can let me know.

A few good points were made in this thread. Maybe a permanent jobban is a bit much. I'll reduce it to a week when I get home. Just don't cause any trouble in the future.

And again, sorry for having the thread closed early.
Spoiler:

soulgamer

Post by soulgamer » #54560

Trognar wrote:
soulgamer wrote:No the walls were cut down before the xenos were released. I arrived at xenobio to the last of the xenos being killed and a small mob (smaller than before admittedly) cornering a lizard in the bottom right pen. I believe the captain was there helping the mob at this time. However the xenobiologist HAD just released xenos on the station even if it was self defense.
Either you are lying or blind. The captain was NOT there, it was the HoS and a borg there to arrest the scientist. He let the slimes out and nearly killed me, I had done nothing but stand there watching everything unfold. He attempted to drag the only other member of the "mob" into one of the slime pens with him. He was not cornered at all, he was simply trying to kill me and, if I remember correctly, Rube. There were two of us there at any time, and before all of this no walls were cut down. I remember an atmos tech attempting to cut one down but quickly stopped soon after using his welder.
The two walls below the operating table and the computer were both cut down and one person was trying to climb over the table when I threatened him. As for the captain I said "I believe" I couldn't really remember for sure but I knew it was a head (not the RD) because I almost didn't help. I arrived after he was in the pen to see someone trying to drag him out. Now stop being an asshole.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #54591

Alright, the bans have been reduced to a week starting today.

Anything else, or can we close this?
Spoiler:

Trognar

Post by Trognar » #54605

Vekter wrote:Alright, the bans have been reduced to a week starting today.

Anything else, or can we close this?
If I may, was the scientist who initially let out the gold slime xenos, tried dragging someone into the slime pens to kill them, attacked people in xenobio, and released grey slimes onto me nearly killing me, the same person as the scientist involved in the shuttle griff incident?

If not has that scientist been given anything yet?

soulgamer wrote:*Snip*
Let's not be childish here, clearly you have major inconsistencies in what you are saying which shouldn't fly especially in a ban appeal. How you get the HoS, a guy who wears a black dress, and the captain, a guy who wears a pretty track suit, mixed up I will never know. But yes, IF the guy was welding down walls it was during the xenos being released. Anyhow this isn't even worth mentioning because the guy never came in or harmed any of you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #54662

I'll try and look into it. Please take this discussion to PM, it has no place here.

E: I looked into the gold slime thing, he's been given a warning. Unfortunately, due to how our logs work, I can't see what the gold slime spawned or who was attacked, so unless someone comes forward and outright says "Hey, a (insert xenos) attacked me that round", there's not much else that can be done.

He's got no history of that kind of shitlery though, so I'm disinclined to just outright ban him for it.
Spoiler:

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #54791

Resolving thread. Seems to all done and dealt with this time.

Pm me if in error etc.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box