Appeals which have been closed.
hoevember

[Names Are Hard] hoevember - appearance and name change ban

Post by hoevember » #513633

BYOND account: hoevember
Character name: Uwu
Ban type: Role: Appearance
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Played an AI named UwU, preventing it from being referred to.
Time ban was placed: 2019-09-09 22:23:10
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 118218
Your side of the story: As I found out, it was a traitor round. I rolled chief engineer and basically died at roundstart and continued to observe as a ghost. When given the opportunity to transfer my consciousness into a positronic brain, I was eager to do so, thinking that I would reenter the game as a borg. However, my consciousness was put into an AI. Since I have no intention of playing AI and since I don't even have enough hours as a borg to roll for AI at roundstart, I did not put much thought into my AI name and completely forgot about it. Since my ban, I have also learned that "Uwu" is banned from chat. I was completely unaware of this during the round and did not intend for it at all.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel that my ban should be lifted due to the circumstances of the ban itself. I understand why an admin who observed the situation would ban me, but my intention was not to cause trouble or break the rules. It was simply a misunderstanding. I previously played on Sybil and have since moved to Bagil, with an overrall tgstation playtime of over a year.
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Re: [Names Are Hard] hoevember - appearance and name change ban

Post by NamesAreHard » #513636

I only placed the ban since I assumed you were afk and weren't going to be changing it. I'll lift it now. Thanks for appealing.
hoevember

Re: [Names Are Hard] hoevember - appearance and name change ban

Post by hoevember » #513644

Thank you!