[NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal

Post by deedubya » #513712

Byond account and character name: DeeDubya

Banning admin: NecromancerAnne

Ban type: Server

Ban reason and length: "Ban baiting" 1 day

Time ban was placed: 11:48PM PST, round 116464

Server you were playing when banned: Sybil

Your side of the story: See previous two threads for all the details: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23648 https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=23663

Why you think you should be unbanned: So, I came back from vacation to see what should have been an easy ruling in my favor wind up getting closed and ruled against. Upon further review, I'm starting to suspect that my absolute belief that anyone could see how I was screwed over in this situation led me to act rather indignant during both topics, rather than just give a simple breakdown of why the ban was wrongly placed and let the facts speak for themselves. So I'll do just that in this version of the appeal.

Let's start by breaking down the note itself, point by point, using the evidence and viewpoints already shown in the previous topics.
Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - Broke into chemistry and was subsequently beaten up by the chemists. Ahelped it despite being a breakin and were healed by a chemist. When they broke in again they were killed and they ahelped again. This is pretty banbaity mate, they followed escalation and you just need to accept that you lost.
Broke into chemistry - False. Walked through an open door. Was barely in there for a few seconds, didn't touch anyone or anything.
was subsequently beaten up by the chemists. - Lie by omission. "beaten up" is not the same as "murdered".
Ahelped it despite being a breakin - Still not a breakin, and how is ahelping non-antag murder against the rules?
and were healed by a chemist - Finally something true, but doesn't excuse the blatant rule violation. "Healed" is only partly true by the way, as I had to be defibbed, meaning I was dead. As I recall Fasa Al Kharim did most of the actual healing, not the chemist - although that last bit isn't entirely relevant here and I may be wrong on that detail.
When they broke in again - False. Walked through an open door, again.
they were killed and they ahelped again - True. Justified by the fact that the first ahelp had gone unanswered, the chemists had stolen my gear, and the fact that I thought they had violated escalation again. The last bit turned out to be untrue, as I accidentally put one of the chemists through a glass table. Meaning the second kill they did was completely valid.
This is pretty banbaity mate - Complete misrepresentation. I ahelped because of a clear rules violation, same as I always do. I have never attempted to banbait or even killbait in all the years I've spent playing this game.
they followed escalation - Half-truth: They followed escalation during the second confrontation, and I assume this is only because the admin in question brought up the issue to them. The first incident was just 100% unjustified non-antag murder.
and you just need to accept that you lost. - I do not care that I died twice. The entire reason I walked into the chemist office was to commit suicide and log off. I never cared that I died, I almost never care if I die. If you care about dying in this game, you should probably play another game entirely. I cared that someone clearly and blatantly broke the rules while two admins were on and that my ahelp regarding the situation had gone unanswered.

I'll let the breakdown above speak for itself. I have a lot of opinions on the administrator in question, and how poor their conduct was during ahelps during the entire period right before the ban was applied. As well as threatening me with a note modification for daring to use the ruling as precedent in the future. Apparently the headmins don't agree with my assessment of their conduct, so I'll let that slide. What I want to see from this is one of the following:
1: Remove the note entirely.
2: Amend the note to more accurately represent the situation as it actually occurred, and make it into a temporary note that expires after one month.
3: Permaban me.

No, I didn't stutter on that last one. If I am truly in the wrong for ahelping someone I believed to be breaking the rules, and I'm considered - as it was so eloquently put - "a massive toxic cunt", then remove me from the community entirely and get it over with. I will continue to ahelp situations where I believe someone is violating the rules or acting in bad faith, regardless of my personal involvement. If doing so is now considered a bannable offense to the point that multiple headmins will enforce the ruling, then I no longer want any part of this community. Showing leniency to bad faith actors while punishing people for reporting them is an abhorrent example to set for your players, and will only make the server a worse place to play on in the future.

aside: I'd like to apologize to hulkamania for the admin complaint. I didn't originally make the complaint topic, and I don't believe you did any wrong in the ban appeal itself. You only acted on what limited information you had, and relied on the(incorrect) assessment of the admin in question. If the complaint had been upheld, I would have requested that it not be put on your record.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #513717

It hasn't even been a month since the original appeal was rejected.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] DeeDubya - note appeal

Post by NecromancerAnne » #513718

A third thread this soon after the previous two isn't going to be successful. Why are you appealing this again? Nothing has changed. It's barely been enough time to be at all reasonable to give this another evaluation or further discussion.