Appeals which have been closed.
fatmonkey26

[Kiteme] Xscha - unjust ban

Post by fatmonkey26 » #516056

Byond Account: Xscha
Character name: Lina Hynes
Ban type: server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Spaced someone for pushing them into a wall on the shuttle. multiple past warnings about overescalation
Time I was banned: 2019-09-21, 11-22-23
Server on which I was banned: Sybilstation
Round ID:#43191
My side of story: so, as chief engineer, I decided to wall off command shuttle area when the shuttle docked. while not smart, I didn't think much of it, and blocked people coming in by remaking the wall a couple times but that's it. once they get through, two tiders, a miner and indeterminate job, decide the best course of action is to shove me into a wall. they both flank me in a corner, and shove me in to a wall for a good 45 seconds-a minute. eventually upon getting out, I run to the (now connected) brig section of the shuttle, and try to run away and I flash an assailant. he falls over, and his friend is still shoving me. I try to flash his friend, but he has glasses, or somehow he was immune. they continue shoving me and I've flashed the one person multiple times, I have no restraints or other weapons, lethal or nonlethal. finally, the scuffle goes to the EVA section, I have no choice but to space this person, they're shoving me, their friend is there again, I'm worried they'll shove me out of the shuttle or start the corner shove fiasco, so I space one. I feel like this is totally reasonable escalation, I used my flash in a nonlethal attempt to stop them multiple times, I shoved back, I tried to leave, at that point I had no choice but to space one of the attackers because there was nothing else I could do.
Why I think I should be unbanned: this ban has a short timer left. I'm not appealing it because I can't wait the timer, I'm appealing it because I don't want this on my record and I think the precedence here that the admin who banned me, Kiteme, did not give me a chance to explain myself. the only two private messages they sent, were "why did you space (x)?" and when I explained that they were permashoving(obviously I didn't have time and didn't think I had to explain the whole situation, so I just said permashoving), they said "shoving is not an excuse to space". I went on to, in brevity, say part of what I've said above, and with no extra warning was banned. I ask Kiteme to at least take a little more time time to listen, especially for a round that didn't seem too admin busy.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: [Kiteme] Xscha - unjust ban

Post by Timonk » #516078

round ID isnt 43191, its 119761. src, statbus, scrubby.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #516079

im 90% sure this is the correct round
kiteme
Byond Username: Kiteme

Post by kiteme » #516142

Alright, I think that's fair. The ban is expired, but I'll go back and remove the note. My apologies.
Spoiler:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #516219

Locking and moving this thread now.