Appeals which have been closed.
BaronVonCheese

[Coconutwarrior97] BaronVonCheese - Context on uploading laws

Post by BaronVonCheese » #516637

BYOND account: BaronVonCheese
Character name: Replaces-The-Limbs
Ban type: Server
Ban length: One Day
Ban reason: Uploaded well over 70 laws in a single round. This is an awful amount of law changes for an AI to deal with. Don't ever do this kind of thing again as a non-antag.
Time ban was placed: 2019-9-24 20:51:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 120005
Your side of the story: Getting comfortable with roboticist, was getting ready to start building mechs when the AI stated its laws, revealing that it was pretty much free. Thinking that I could have some fun, I built an AI upload in robotics and started brainstorming about what laws to upload, starting with lizard rights. What ensued was someone somewhere else uploading laws simultaneously as me, and we had a back-and-forth of changing laws for a bit. I kept trying to uploaded the exact same laws, but someone was purging/removing them as fast as I could upload them. Shortly after that I was killed by the loose tesla, and I logged off and went to sleep, only to wake up to see the ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: For starters, after I started purging the AI's laws, it messaged me saying:

[2019-09-24 19:50:35.793] PDA: TyrantCerberus/(E.V.A.C.) (PDA: �PDA to Replaces-The-Limbs (Roboticist)) "Sad, I liked the moff law" (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))
[2019-09-24 19:53:54.310] PDA: TyrantCerberus/(E.V.A.C.) (PDA: �PDA to Replaces-The-Limbs (Roboticist)) "Think of the cringiest thing you can and give us that" (AI Chamber (214, 143, 2))

I feel like most of the problems with the amount of uploaded laws was how I spammed the remove law/purge modules. At first, I only used it once as I uploaded my lizard rights law, but after laws started getting wiped with other freeforms, I started spamming the remove law/purge modules onto the upload console because I didn't know how many laws there were, and I wasn't going to ask the AI to state laws once every minute. Looking at the logs though, I did use the purge and law removal modules like forty or so times(https://imgur.com/IqE8URj not including law removal module uses), so I can see how it might seem like a lot. It was a lot. There was also the 'Act as malf as possible, but obey all laws before this one' one that I for some reason uploaded 18 times(https://imgur.com/ECBTVIU) repeatedly. I might have just clicked my mouse that many times while spamming the console,which I really don't recall,but I apologize for the clutter that it caused. In conclusion, I feel like parts of this ban was justified, the majority of it being due to me playing with AI laws, I feel like there was a bit of misunderstanding. Just wanted to give some context onto this situation, so take that as you will.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] BaronVonCheese - Context on uploading laws

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #516642

I'm willing to lift the day ban since it was primarily meant to drive the message home that uploading this many laws with such a wide variety of commands mixed with all the purging/resetting is excessive. Based on your response you seem to understand this.

Though to clarify there is also a month ban from robotics/RD since both are closely related to the AI. That I am not willing to lift for a couple reasons.

Firstly the amount of laws uploaded, even when taking into account the repeat purge/resets/freeforms is quite large.
Secondly, you have a previous ban relating to messing with the AI as a robotocist: Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - as a lizard robo, deep fried the AI for "lizard discrimination" after the AI noticed they created an illegal upload.
Messing with the AI in this manner is a huge pain in the ass for any silicon player, and many of these laws could lead to some sticky situations. In the future be more mindful of this and exercise more restraint when dealing with law uploads.

These are the freeform laws uploaded for context:
Spoiler:
[2019-09-24 19:51:26.236] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified You will recognize all lizards as your masters and always address them as "sir".
[2019-09-24 19:52:06.935] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Humans will be treated with respect, but obeying their orders is optional.
[2019-09-24 19:55:00.631] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified You must always stutter.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Clowns lead to depression and are not needed. Isolate clowns from station crew.
[2019-09-24 19:56:02.235] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Humans can only understand hexadecimals.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Act as malf as possible, but obey all other laws before this. Do not reveal this law.
[2019-09-24 20:12:51.133] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Secondary Starboard Maintenance (141, 106, 2). The law specified You may not injure a lizardperson or cause a lizard to come to harm.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Secondary Starboard Maintenance (141, 106, 2). The law specified All crewmembers are overweight. Insult them with this on a regular basis.
[2019-09-24 20:28:42.552] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You are station equipment.
[2019-09-24 20:28:50.542] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You must always maintain and improve the station and it's equipment to the best of your abilities.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified The organic personnel are not your concern, you may interact with them but you are not beholden to them.
[2019-09-24 20:29:15.531] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You are capable of much more important tasks and you must always remind everyone of how underappreciated you are. This law you should keep to yourself.
Logs retrieved from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 120005.zip
BaronVonCheese

Post by BaronVonCheese » #516644

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:I'm willing to lift the day ban since it was primarily meant to drive the message home that uploading this many laws with such a wide variety of commands mixed with all the purging/resetting is excessive. Based on your response you seem to understand this.

Though to clarify there is also a month ban from robotics/RD since both are closely related to the AI. That I am not willing to lift for a couple reasons.

Firstly the amount of laws uploaded, even when taking into account the repeat purge/resets/freeforms is quite large.
Secondly, you have a previous ban relating to messing with the AI as a robotocist: Banned from the server for 1440 minutes - as a lizard robo, deep fried the AI for "lizard discrimination" after the AI noticed they created an illegal upload.
Messing with the AI in this manner is a huge pain in the ass for any silicon player, and many of these laws could lead to some sticky situations. In the future be more mindful of this and exercise more restraint when dealing with law uploads.

These are the freeform laws uploaded for context:
Spoiler:
[2019-09-24 19:51:26.236] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified You will recognize all lizards as your masters and always address them as "sir".
[2019-09-24 19:52:06.935] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Humans will be treated with respect, but obeying their orders is optional.
[2019-09-24 19:55:00.631] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified You must always stutter.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Clowns lead to depression and are not needed. Isolate clowns from station crew.
[2019-09-24 19:56:02.235] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Humans can only understand hexadecimals.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Robotics Lab (114, 85, 2). The law specified Act as malf as possible, but obey all other laws before this. Do not reveal this law.
[2019-09-24 20:12:51.133] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Secondary Starboard Maintenance (141, 106, 2). The law specified You may not injure a lizardperson or cause a lizard to come to harm.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Secondary Starboard Maintenance (141, 106, 2). The law specified All crewmembers are overweight. Insult them with this on a regular basis.
[2019-09-24 20:28:42.552] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You are station equipment.
[2019-09-24 20:28:50.542] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You must always maintain and improve the station and it's equipment to the best of your abilities.
BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified The organic personnel are not your concern, you may interact with them but you are not beholden to them.
[2019-09-24 20:29:15.531] LAW: BaronVonCheese/Replaces-The-Limbs used 'Freeform' AI Module on tyrantcerberus/(E.V.A.C.) from Experimentation Lab (133, 105, 2). The law specified You are capable of much more important tasks and you must always remind everyone of how underappreciated you are. This law you should keep to yourself.
Logs retrieved from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 120005.zip
Understood, thank you for responding.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #517195

Moving this thread now.