Appeals which have been closed.
Smeff

[lmsxz] <Craftcake> - Keysend flooding messup

Post by Smeff » #522183

BYOND account: Craftcake
Character name: Fricky Aqua
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Consistently kicked for flooding keysends in scenarios that weren't already lagging due to other causes.
Time ban was placed: 2019-11-03 14:31:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 122852
Your side of the story: I just noticed how I got disconnected a few seconds from when i was connected, while setting up my character. Then when I entered the round I noticed that my hands were switching a bunch. So I pressed 'X' and it stopped. Then I got DC'd again and when I tried to log back on I was banned. So I believe the reason for the "keysend flooding" was that my 'X' key was bugged or something, and the multiple tries to reconnect was beacause I thought my firewall was disconnectiong me or something.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was just something wierd with my keyboard at the time, and I wasn't noticed that I was being kicked (I only saw the "you've been disconnected message"). So I couldn't fix the problem before the ban.
References of good conduct:
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: [lmsxz] <Craftcake> - Keysend flooding messup

Post by imsxz » #522269

if you’ve got any macros that might have caused this i suggest you look into it. This appeal is accepted, apologies for the delay and confusion, with this sort of issue it can tend to be better safe than sorry. I’ll message some online admins and get you unbanned ASAP, as I’m not currently logged onto my computer.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Smeff

Post by Smeff » #522411

Yea, looked into it! Thanks for the help! :)
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #522441

Locking.