Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

[Arianya] Deedubya - what the actual fuck

Post by deedubya » #522608

BYOND account: Deedubya

Character name: none, apparently

Ban type: Appearance ban

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Evaded an appearance ban on alt account ssjdarkwarrior a day after it was placed for naming themself "Loli Catgirl". That ban was originally timed to end after a month but since you couldn't go a single day without evading it, this one is permanent.

Time ban was placed: "a day ago" according to statbus

Server you were playing on when banned: None. Funnily enough it says the ban occurred on Terry, which I'm pretty sure I have zero connections logged to. Fuck Terry

Round ID in which ban was placed: who knows

Your side of the story: I changed my ckey well over a year ago. Reason being that I started going by a different online handle. Understandably, "ssjdarkwarrior" is 2edgy4me in [current last year], so I updated it. I also stated this as the reason when I contacted MSO about this recently, in fact. If necessary, he can corroborate that as the reason stated well before this recent ban was placed. Logged in today and saw I had a random appearance. Was pretty sure I had that toggled off, so I checked my preferences and saw I was appearance banned. Didn't know what the fuck that was about, so checked my notes. Lo and behold, read above. While it's possible that I switched ckeys in the middle of an appearance ban, it was so long ago that I honestly can't remember. It certainly wasn't my intent to do so. I'm somewhat certain it was a nabski ban anyway, so I'm sure I could have had it overturned if I really wanted to. Didn't he get deadminned because of all the shitty calls he made?

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't even know how or why Arianya decided to go searching for something to inconvenience me with. The ban length was served well over a year ago. It was for one month. I'm pretty sure the reason wasn't even as stated by Arianya in the new ban, but I don't have the password for that account anymore to check the actual note. I'd appreciate if someone with access could post that account's notes for clarity. I've never had even a single note on this ckey for violating naming policy. It's pretty obvious that even if I was intentionally dodging a ban, or if the original ban reason even held water, it obviously holds no relevance in regards to my conduct since then. This is pretty petty on your part, looking for literally any reason to try and inconvenience me - especially considering I haven't even done anything to you aside from disagree with you. I honestly can't comprehend the thought process behind this.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [Arianya] Deedubya - what the actual fuck

Post by NikNakFlak » #522610

yea so I brought this up 2 months months and months ago and told headmins, make jokes about it and thought nothing of it since it was not a big deal and didn't feel like it should be acted on.
Headmins were aware of it, multiple admins were aware of it, and nobody chose to do anything about it.

Kinda weird af that Ari chose to do something about this now when it was already talked about and ignored/dismissed

edit: it was 2 months ago 09/11/2019
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #522611

NikNakFlak wrote:yea so I brought this up 2 months months and months ago and told headmins, make jokes about it and thought nothing of it since it was not a big deal and didn't feel like it should be acted on.
Headmins were aware of it, multiple admins were aware of it, and nobody chose to do anything about it.

Kinda weird af that Ari chose to do something about this now when it was already talked about and ignored/dismissed

edit: it was 2 months ago 09/11/2019
I mean, if I was actually evading, and there was a time to act upon it, it was when I originally made my current ckey. It's not like I made any attempt to hide myself. Used the same staticnames, didn't shuffle my IP/use a VPN, nothing. If I was evading a legitimate appearance ban, it should have been easy as piss to reapply it as soon as I switched ckeys. Aren't admins made aware of multiple ckeys coming from the same IP? I was always under the impression that they were.

Either way, I can't comprehend why a note so stale it's developing it's own ecosystem would be brought up now. The only thing I can even imagine is petty grudge bullshit, and I can't even come up with a reason for them to hold a grudge either. Was it because I disagreed with them in a shitposting subforum? I seriously don't get it.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #522660

deedubya wrote:I'd appreciate if someone with access could post that account's notes for clarity.
Sure.

It's worth mentioning that the appearance ban for ssjdarkwarrior was permanent. The ban was later edited to say that you could appeal it after a month had passed.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #522664

I'm waiting for some deployment images to build, so I figured I'd pull some logs and records.

You played exclusively as ssjdarkwarrior from 2015-07-03 until 2018-08-14, the day of your appearance ban.

That day, you created a new byond account, deedubya.

The first time deedubya makes an appearance on our servers is the day after the appearance ban was applied:

deedubya wrote: I don't have the password for that account anymore
You most recently logged onto our servers using ssjdarkwarrior on 2019-08-20 during round 116597 on Sybil, 20 seconds after logging out as deedubya:

Code: Select all

[2019-08-20 21:02:29.628] Starting up round ID 116597.
[2019-08-20 21:47:35.441] ACCESS: Login: Deedubya from [REDACTED] || BYOND v512.1474
[2019-08-20 21:47:35.611] ACCESS: Mob Login: Deedubya/(Deedubya) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
[2019-08-20 21:47:35.614] GAME: Deedubya/(Deedubya) Client Deedubya/(Deedubya) has taken ownership of mob Deedubya(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8, 174, 1))
[2019-08-20 21:48:39.869] ACCESS: Logout: Deedubya/(Deedubya)
[2019-08-20 21:48:39.870] GAME: Deedubya[DC]/(Deedubya) Deedubya[DC]/(Deedubya) is no longer owning mob Deedubya(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8, 174, 1))
[2019-08-20 21:48:59.806] ACCESS: Login: Ssjdarkwarrior from [REDACTED] || BYOND v512.1474
[2019-08-20 21:48:59.989] ACCESS: Mob Login: Ssjdarkwarrior/(Ssjdarkwarrior) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
[2019-08-20 21:48:59.992] GAME: Ssjdarkwarrior/(Ssjdarkwarrior) Client Ssjdarkwarrior/(Ssjdarkwarrior) has taken ownership of mob Ssjdarkwarrior(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8, 174, 1))
[2019-08-20 21:50:28.112] ACCESS: Logout: Ssjdarkwarrior/(Ssjdarkwarrior)
[2019-08-20 21:50:28.113] GAME: Ssjdarkwarrior[DC]/(Ssjdarkwarrior) Ssjdarkwarrior[DC]/(Ssjdarkwarrior) is no longer owning mob Ssjdarkwarrior(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8, 174, 1))
This was nearly a year after it was last used on our servers. Curiously, you did so on the same day but a few hours after the expiration of deedubya's most recent 24 hour server ban.

Obviously not a case of ban evasion, but certainly interesting timing.

I initially pulled all of this because I was skeptical of the merits of Arianya's ban. Having found the above, I think it's fair for you to object to the delayed action but none of this points to good faith on your part.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #522667

A. Fuck you, Loli Catgirl is a shit name unless you're a clown/mime/wizard. Picking the "same but slightly different" name is not as clever or unique as you think and just showed me that you couldn't be trusted to make good name choices.

B. That WAS intended to be a temporary appearance ban but there was not an option to give those a duration.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #522675

capn_monkeypaw wrote:-snipped for space-
I'll be the first to admit, that does look incredibly fishy on my part having actually seen the hard evidence. The timeline does match up with what I remember, though. I recall starting to change my online handle to Dee Dubya(less cringey version of my old SN, darkwarrior) around the time that CB2 on Maplestory 2 was ending(Aug 1st 2018). Before that, I was using randomnames for my discord, and needed a new reliable static name for people to add; since I was going to be a GM going forward and needed people to add me reliably. I have several people who can corroborate that, if necessary. Best I can ask for in that regard is for people to believe me or believe witnesses(if they're asked for and questioned). That being said, I wasn't given any punishment at the time of it occurring, or at all during the month or so I continued to play afterwards. It seems in incredibly poor taste to suddenly bring up that single note well over a year afterwards.

As for the random log in this year, your guess is as good as mine. I do know that the password for that account was saved on my old PC's BYOND client, so it's entirely possible I could have logged into it for any number of reasons. Could have even been drunk off my tits at the time, I've been known to play this game wasted on rare occasions. I finished my new PC build at the end of August this year(with dated photos if any admin requests them) so that date seems to match up as well. If anyone's logged into that account since, it certainly hasn't been me, since that PC hasn't had an internet connection as of September.

To be clear, I want to be as transparent and honest about the old ckey as possible, as I'm aware that having more than one is heavily frowned upon. Actually, on that topic, I'd like to formally request that "ssjdarkwarrior" be permabanned. Given the power of hindsight, I probably should have asked for this to be done over a year ago. I'll own that mistake 100%, and apologize for any confusion or smokescreening this may have caused.

Nabski wrote:A. Fuck you, Loli Catgirl is a shit name unless you're a clown/mime/wizard.
Agreed. That's why I changed it immediately upon being told to. I think I remember being under the impression at the time that felinids had more relaxed naming conventions, but obviously that was too far and I deserved that warning. I've always had slightly memey names as a non-clown/mine/borg, but it only took like a round or two of playing with that one and being bwoinked about it to go "yeah okay maybe I was being retarded".
Picking the "same but slightly different" name is not as clever or unique as you think and just showed me that you couldn't be trusted to make good name choices.
Hard disagree. I remember this event a little better now that all the logs have been presented(and had a decent night's sleep). Acceptable naming conventions at the time had names like "Pepper Oni" and "Oldman Robustin" as valid under the naming policy. The admin that originally warned me didn't have an issue with the new name, and in over a week of playing with the new name you seemed to be the only one that had an issue. I recall even trying to reach a compromise with you on the spot after citing all that, but you weren't having any of it - which I'd find out a few months later that this was a common issue.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #522682

While it's not actually relevant to the appeal itself, since I know certain people get antsy about the impression of "being banned for disagreeing with admin!!" - I'll note this ban was placed before any discussion in NTR Hut between myself and deedubya. That said, I'll break this down into subsections:

Why look into deedubya?
Spoiler:
The post that prodded me into looking into deedubya was this one (screencapped because NTR Hut and will be lost to time before long):

This post struck me as odd for someone with a relatively recent regdate and - more to the point - a relatively clean record that showed no sign of having been banned for bad notes before. In the past, it's been found by administrators that people who make these kind of posts tend to have a a greater history on the server then their (current) ckey would imply, and especially a high proclivity for being ban evaders. This was the reason why I opened tgdb and looked up deedubya.
Why ban deedubya?
Spoiler:
Through looking into this, it was fairly easy to spot that deedubya was linked to a previous ckey - ssjdarkwarrior. This account was relatively disused (albeit less so then I thought at the time, as noted by monkeypaw) but my attention was drawn to a ban by Nabski which was listed by monkeypaw:
Appearance banned - After being asked to change their name from "Loli Catgirl" they changed it to "Loli Nekoshoujo" which is still Loli Catgirl. May be removed by just asking in one month (9/15/18)
Generally still active bans tend to draw a raised eyebrow on an alt, since generally if you swapped ckey we would expect to port across any existing bans to ensure someone wasn't evading. That said, the fact that the ban was intended to only last a month (but at the time it was applied, appearance bans could not be given a limited duration) inclined me to either ignore the ban or even ask headmins to repeal the ban as long since irrelevant. Except for the detail that I noticed something that monkeypaw has also pointed out in this thread:

As you'll note, your first connection to /tg/station with deedubya was about 30 minutes after being appearance banned on ssjdarkwarrior. While I'm inclined to give benefit of the doubt in most cases regarding changing your ckey, I think we can both agree that it is beyond reasonable doubt that you connected with deedubya intending to evade your ban.

As a precedent, ban evasion is a zero tolerance infraction on /tg/ - regardless of how severe or not the evaded ban was - our system relies on everyone playing by the same rules and ban evaders are explicitly scorning the rules and system for their own enjoyment. In it's own way, the relative soft touch of the original ban makes this even more notable - when faced with time-limited administrative action for repeated appearance issues, you opted to evade the ban rather then wait out the duration or appeal it.

Similarly, there is no "statute of limitations"/time limit on being caught for evasion - for obvious reasons, I would think. Why this wasn't caught by admins of the time (or acted upon by admins who may have noticed it) isn't for me to say - I'd be speculating - but certainly anyone who did notice the situation didn't feel confident enough to repeal the old ban or leave a note to the effect that the old ban should be ignored.
The ban itself
Spoiler:
Typically, any ban evasion, whether for a server ban, role ban or otherwise, is met with a permanent server ban. In this instance I opted to exercise some discretion and simply renew the appearance ban with no time limitation as I didn't feel the evasion in question merited being removed permanently from our servers
NikNakFlak's Comment
Spoiler:
I'll note that as far as I'm aware, no headmin has expressed an opinion on either this ban or the old ban - I don't claim to have omniscience and I wasn't aware of NikNakFlak having knowledge of it when my ban was placed, but either way there is no ruling (formal or informal) from a headmin on this matter as far as I can tell, hence I would disagree with Niknak's evaluation that it was "dismissed"
In summary: I won't be approving this appeal - aside from the fact that it would be unfair to players who haven't ban evaded, I find certain parts of your appeal, at best, disingenuous and which in a negative light would be seen as lying in an appeal. A headmin is of course welcome to overrule or comment on the ban if they so choose.

That said, I can empathise that part of the reason you evaded may have been embarrassment at having a ban/note on your record which noted your desire to play as "Loli Catgirl" or "Loli Nekoshoujo" - we've all done dumb things in the heat of the moment which we later regret, so I would offer to modify the note on this new ban to instead read:
Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Evaded an appearance ban on alt account ssjdarkwarrior a day after it was placed for improper naming. That ban was originally timed to end after a month but since you couldn't go a single day without evading it, this one is permanent.
in order to not cause you undue embarassment in future admin interactions. If you approve of this revised wording, or you have alternative wording in mind, I'm happy to alter the note to that effect.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #522691

Arianya wrote:Why look into deedubya?
Spoiler:
The post that prodded me into looking into deedubya was this one (screencapped because NTR Hut and will be lost to time before long):

This post struck me as odd for someone with a relatively recent regdate and - more to the point - a relatively clean record that showed no sign of having been banned for bad notes before. In the past, it's been found by administrators that people who make these kind of posts tend to have a a greater history on the server then their (current) ckey would imply, and especially a high proclivity for being ban evaders. This was the reason why I opened tgdb and looked up deedubya.
This is actually the exact topic I suspected caused the problem. Although the reasons I suspected were different from what you've given, and I'm not entirely unconvinced that this witchhunt wasn't sparked because you felt slighted during the verbal tussle that followed. That being said, I'll go against my gut instinct here and give you the benefit of the doubt when you say you weren't acting in bad faith.

To continue the theme of total transparency here: The reason I made that comment was mostly because of the (SEQUEL PENDING)note appeal process I went through recently. Because I have strong reason to believe that poorly justified notes like that can and do get acted upon when it's required to justify harsher punishments. I don't want anyone to have to take that sort of treatment with no recourse, not just myself.
Why ban deedubya?
Spoiler:
Through looking into this, it was fairly easy to spot that deedubya was linked to a previous ckey - ssjdarkwarrior. This account was relatively disused (albeit less so then I thought at the time, as noted by monkeypaw) but my attention was drawn to a ban by Nabski which was listed by monkeypaw:
Appearance banned - After being asked to change their name from "Loli Catgirl" they changed it to "Loli Nekoshoujo" which is still Loli Catgirl. May be removed by just asking in one month (9/15/18)
Generally still active bans tend to draw a raised eyebrow on an alt, since generally if you swapped ckey we would expect to port across any existing bans to ensure someone wasn't evading. That said, the fact that the ban was intended to only last a month (but at the time it was applied, appearance bans could not be given a limited duration) inclined me to either ignore the ban or even ask headmins to repeal the ban as long since irrelevant. Except for the detail that I noticed something that monkeypaw has also pointed out in this thread:

As you'll note, your first connection to /tg/station with deedubya was about 30 minutes after being appearance banned on ssjdarkwarrior. While I'm inclined to give benefit of the doubt in most cases regarding changing your ckey, I think we can both agree that it is beyond reasonable doubt that you connected with deedubya intending to evade your ban.

As a precedent, ban evasion is a zero tolerance infraction on /tg/ - regardless of how severe or not the evaded ban was - our system relies on everyone playing by the same rules and ban evaders are explicitly scorning the rules and system for their own enjoyment. In it's own way, the relative soft touch of the original ban makes this even more notable - when faced with time-limited administrative action for repeated appearance issues, you opted to evade the ban rather then wait out the duration or appeal it.

Similarly, there is no "statute of limitations"/time limit on being caught for evasion - for obvious reasons, I would think. Why this wasn't caught by admins of the time (or acted upon by admins who may have noticed it) isn't for me to say - I'd be speculating - but certainly anyone who did notice the situation didn't feel confident enough to repeal the old ban or leave a note to the effect that the old ban should be ignored.
The ban itself
Spoiler:
Typically, any ban evasion, whether for a server ban, role ban or otherwise, is met with a permanent server ban. In this instance I opted to exercise some discretion and simply renew the appearance ban with no time limitation as I didn't feel the evasion in question merited being removed permanently from our servers
While I am already aware of how bad the times and dates look, they're also not inconsistent with my reasoning thus far, of me being in the middle of a username transition at the time and it being (very, very poorly timed)coincidence. To that point, even my forum username was registered on that same date, which is very clearly deedubya. I should note that up until two days ago, the ckey paired with that account was ssjdarkwarrior. I hate to lean on him again, but I'm 100% certain MSO can corroborate that if asked, since I specifically asked him how to change it over forum PM. But that should further show that I had no intent of actually evading a ban.
The convo ended a couple days ago, which is when my ckey on the forum DB was finally updated to deedubya.

small aside: This part doesn't have any basis in fact, but it honestly feels a bit insulting that I was accused of evasion. I do fully understand why you'd come to that conclusion, but honestly? If I really wanted to evade the ban, I'd have changed my IP and spoofed my HWID, as well as waited a few days. Much less use the same staticnames I was using previously, or having my old ckey linked to a forum account named after my new ckey. I know you don't know me very well, but I'm not such a monumental retard that I'd attempt to genuinely evade while actively sabotaging any hope I'd have of it going unnoticed.
In summary: I won't be approving this appeal - aside from the fact that it would be unfair to players who haven't ban evaded, I find certain parts of your appeal, at best, disingenuous and which in a negative light would be seen as lying in an appeal. A headmin is of course welcome to overrule or comment on the ban if they so choose.

That said, I can empathise that part of the reason you evaded may have been embarrassment at having a ban/note on your record which noted your desire to play as "Loli Catgirl" or "Loli Nekoshoujo" - we've all done dumb things in the heat of the moment which we later regret
I'd just like to clarify. I think you misunderstood the part where I said I was "embarrassed by an old name". It wasn't in reference to a goofy name that I used in a horizontal spessmen simulator. It was in reference to the horrifyingly edgy username I still had - an artifact of my teenage years in the mid-00s. I didn't create the new account because I was embarrassed about "loli catgirls", I created it because I had long since disassociated myself from "ssjdarkwarriorxxx420blazeFAZExxx". (slight exaggeration but you get the idea)

However, I do understand why you'd come to the conclusion that I was intentionally evading. You don't know me, my personality, my morals, my intelligence, or my methods. Given the evidence you have before you, it's actually not hard to see how you came to that conclusion. Technically speaking, I actually did evade the original ban(regardless of it's validity), since the ban was never reapplied to my new account despite my efforts at the time of having full transparency(short of actually informing admins at the time, that was also my bad).

If I may offer a compromise: I can't say I'd be happy to do so, but I'd be willing to simply sit out the original one month appearance ban that I never served due to the creation of the new account. I don't believe that ban held any validity, and I think it's clear to all involved that it has no bearing on my current character even if it did. However, through my own error in not directly informing the admins at the time of my change in ckey(despite no other attempt made to hide it), I wound up not serving the ban, or going through the proper appeal process to have it lifted. So regardless of my own incompetence or clerical error, I think it's fair to say I should serve what's left of that ban.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #522759

Implying or outright claiming that the ban was done in bad faith is kind of minuscule for the purpose of the appeal. It should really be focused on that fact that OP, whether intentionally or not, has been evading a ban.

If a ban is not removed, it seems quite unfair to blame an admin for enforcing it as a "live" ban (because it is), especially after several admins + headmins supposedly knew about it and still did not ratify it within the database. That said, if you believe the new ban was placed in bad faith, you should make a complaint about that rather than diluting the appeal.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #522773

when I said headmins what I really meant was karp
either way
:roll:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #522961

I took a day or so to consider this and mull over your response.

While I appreciate your candour, it doesn't really dissuade me from the conclusion that you intended to evade when you connected with deedubya for the first time, 30 minutes after your appearance ban. I appreciate you may disagree with that conclusion being drawn, but in applying the test of "beyond a reasonable doubt", I can't find any reasoning for you to have changed your name with such acute timing other then to evade your appearance ban. Ignoring that fact would be grossly unfair to other players who have received bans for evasion and as previously noted, there's no statute of limitations on this kind of thing.

As a result I'm going to reaffirm that I'm denying the appeal, subject to headmin oversight. Given that you didn't comment on it specifically I'm guessing the note content isn't at issue, so I'll leave it as is. The only other note I would make is that I'll give leave to appeal after 3 months, presuming a headmin doesn't otherwise intervene.

deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #522970

Well, with that in mind, I'll leave these final notes for whichever headmin decides to resolve this, to take into account when deciding on if they should overrule it or not:

The evasion in question occurred because of my negligence: That being I did not immediately inform admins that I was switching ckeys at the time. However, I otherwise made zero attempt at hiding my switch. Same staticnames, same IP, still had my old ckey linked to a forum account named after my new ckey. I doubt you'll believe me when I say that the evasion was unintentional, but the reason I keep saying it is because it's the honest truth. I'd probably have done far less damage to my credibility if I'd just said "yeah I dodged it on purpose, but I've improved since then etc etc" but the reason I choose not to is because I don't want to be disingenuous. I'm many things in these appeals; brash, arrogant, and indignant, but never dishonest - even if the truth sounds unbelievable compared to the more likely story.

If we go by the original intent of the ban being evaded in question, I technically haven't been evading the ban for well over a year now. If the ban was intended to be removed after a month, it shouldn't be classified as a "live ban" for the purposes of reapplying it. Most importantly however, is the fact that even if the original ban was valid to begin with, it certainly isn't representative of me as a player recently - or at all since the ban was applied, actually. I've had a grand total of zero notes/warnings relating to that topic since I started playing on my current ckey; which as pointed out was shortly after the original ckey received the ban. If there was any behavior that needed correcting when the ban was placed, it's long since been corrected.

Finally - despite the note being completely irrelevant to my current standing - I still offered to serve out the remainder of the original 1 month ban period as a show of good faith upon learning Aria's side of the story, rather than arguing for a complete removal due to the ban being placed over a note/ban so stale it's probably started growing mold.

I think the fact that a not-insignificant number of admins and headmins learned of this and chose to overlook it should be evidence of these points. The fact that it was never on record per se is likely due to the obvious fact: Do you make an official record whenever you chose not to take administrative action against someone? Inaction doesn't necessitate bookkeeping, so someone choosing to pardon the issue wouldn't feel it necessary to enter it into official record. This is what I believe occurred each time this was previously brought up, and the likely reason why Aria never saw an "official statement". Although, I'll offer one last rebuttal to a statement made, which supports this point.
Arianya wrote:I'll note that as far as I'm aware, no headmin has expressed an opinion on either this ban or the old ban - I don't claim to have omniscience and I wasn't aware of NikNakFlak having knowledge of it when my ban was placed, but either way there is no ruling (formal or informal) from a headmin on this matter as far as I can tell, hence I would disagree with Niknak's evaluation that it was "dismissed"
Nervere wrote:I swear, I think I remember finding his alt during my term, and we just decided we didn't care.
-snip-
What I'm saying is - this was probably brought up as a side-conversation at some point in adminbus, and no one really cared enough to do anything about it.
Not out of laziness of admins, just, something minor enough where it doesn't get touched.
https://i.imgur.com/ttvHCIf.png (picture attached due to being a temporary hutpost and for added context if necessary)
NikNakFlak wrote:yea so I brought this up 2 months months and months ago and told headmins, make jokes about it and thought nothing of it since it was not a big deal and didn't feel like it should be acted on.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #524062

As it's been nearly a full week without any comment by headmin, I'm resolving this.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #524138

on request of deedubya through forum pm i am now commenting on this due to, in his, words, "It seems silly that a ban with almost no major precedent set is allowed to be "resolved" by the same biased non-headmin that placed the ban to begin with."
my unbiased view of this ban is pretty much the exact same as arianya's. even if the ban evasion was due to negligence it'd be pretty unfair to those who haven't ban evaded.
in addition, there's several parts of this ban that are flat-out lies (namely the one where you said you don't have the password for ssjdarkwarrior, even though the connections suggest that you, in fact, do) which would have very easily thrown out the ban appeal entirely (although for some reason this time it's different?)
i'd also like to say that contacting MSO of all people about changing your username is a bit of a perplexing move, although maybe that's just me.
so, again, the answer is "no". i'm going to assume this appeal is resolved resolved now
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose