Appeals which have been closed.
MitchTheSkele

[NecromancerAnne] MitchTheSkele - AI ban appeal

Post by MitchTheSkele » #522788

Byond account: MitchTheSkele
Character name: Mitch Jones
Ban Type: Role
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban Reason: When borged while a traitor after he was killed and outed as such, murdered the roboticist as an Asimov mediborg and then logged. Please come explain your actions on the forums for this silicon ban to be lifted.
Time Ban was Placed: 2019-10-31 06:38:39
Server: I am not entirely sure but I think Sybil
Round ID: ID 122583
My story: I do not really have any excuses, I believe this ban was rightfully placed however I hope for it not to be permanent. It was late at night,
and I got salty my traitor round got snuffed a few minutes into playing. It really should not have been that big of a deal but I made the wrong decision and logged off for the night.

Why I think I should be unbanned: Again I fully understand the reasoning here, however I do not believe it should be permanent. I should not have done what I did.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] MitchTheSkele - AI ban appeal

Post by NecromancerAnne » #522963

Hey, thanks for appealing. I'll lift the ban at this stage since I mostly wanted to address the issue with you and by this time you've likely already had a length of time being role banned appropriate for the incident.

Before I do so I want to address some things with you. I feel like you already know full well what you did was extremely inappropriate and how you broke several rules and which ones (rule 1, silicon policy, so on and so forth), but I mostly wanted to speak to you about how you shouldn't let your emotions get the better of you and make you lash out in a way that actively runs you into trouble like this. Plenty of people do it, I'm certainly not one to be immune to the salt and getting heated over things going wrong or badly. But I try to remember, at the end of the day, that this is a game and there are other people on the other end of the screen who probably are just enjoying the game or doing their best. Not everything goes your way. but when things go bad, thems the breaks, and you gotta move on.

Going forward, I expect you to show humility in defeat and at the very least restraint in your anger, and to remind yourself you're not the only person in the game and that sometimes it's better to let go and move on. Stop, and breathe, and you'll be fine. There is always another round and another opportunity for antag.