[Nervere] Saltshaker65-banned because of digg

Appeals which have been closed.
Saltshaker65

[Nervere] Saltshaker65-banned because of digg

Post by Saltshaker65 » #529961

BYOND account: Saltshaker65
Character name: None
Ban Type: Perma; IP
Ban Reason: On digg, sought out strategies for metagrudging and griefing a player on /tg/station. Fuck off back to your containment site.
Time Ban Was Placed: 2019-08-02 20:25:02
Server on when Banned: None; was on digg
Round ID: 114912
My Side of the Story: The digg post in question was intended as nothing serious but was misinterpreted (which I understand looking back). It had some backlash and I got on to discover the perma ban awaiting me. I tried to go through appeals but it didnt work out in my favor.
Why I should be Unbanned: I made a digg post which got me in lots of trouble. I see now why I got in said trouble, but I've taken a 4 month long break from the game. I was supposed to get a note, but since this is my favorite server, I was left uninspired and motivated to go out and play again. I'm sorry for the post, I'm just looking for forgiveness and an appeal.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Nervere] Saltshaker65-banned because of digg

Post by bobbahbrown » #529972

Rule 5 of the FNR board rules states...
5. A permaban may only be appealed once every 12 months unless stated otherwise by the banning admin or a headmin. Subsequent appeals will be automatically rejected and deleted, and may result in a forum ban if repeated.
Your last appeal was denied on August 25, 2019, which is less than 12 months ago. Additionally the banning admin, who is no longer an admin, requested you appeal with a voucher from another server.
Nervere wrote:This appeal reads more like a joke than anything, and it's disheartening because it also shows you don't understand why what you did was shitty. Come back when you have a voucher from another server.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #529975

For what it's worth, as the player in question that they made the post about I'm content that they've probably learned their lesson and are sorry, and would hate for them to miss the upcoming winter ball event in the case they were looking forward to that.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #529985

As bobbah has pointed out, your last appeal was less than 12 months ago and you also have not provided any voucher. It would be advantageous for you to do so.

Have you played anywhere since the ban was placed and you last appealed? Is there a server willing to vouch for your conduct during your time playing there, assuming you played enough for them to reliably be able to acknowledge your behaviour as having improved?
Saltshaker65

Post by Saltshaker65 » #530026

I haven’t played anywhere else for long periods of time because I don’t enjoy any other servers enough to consistently play on them. I realize that I have to wait a year,but my ban was placed by an admin who’s no longer on the team. If at all possible, could I redeem myself on TG itself, so I can show my improvement to the people that I’ll eventually be playing with again anyways?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #531384

It hasn't been a year or more, and you don't have a voucher as I instructed in the last appeal. This appeal should be closed.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #531424

It hasn't been a year or more and you don't have a voucher as instructed in the last appeal. This appeal is being closed.

(You may still appeal when the full year of the original appeal has passed, but you should also be bringing a voucher of good behavior.)