Appeals which have been closed.
b0b1212

Analbifida-Condottieri-Apology

Post by b0b1212 » #529967

BYOND account: Condottieri
Character Name: Elderass Man
Server Ban-Janitor

Ban length: 7 days

Ban reason: Killed the chaplain for no reason, completely ignored me when I questioned him. During the ahelp he was dragging a brain dead engineer into the super matter chamber and exploded a gas tank, killing them both.

Time ban was placed: 12-20-19 08:21:03

Server you were playing on when banned:Bagil

Round ID in which ban was placed:126205

My killing of the chaplain must have been a misunderstanding of some kind. I noticed there was some kind of cult gathering in the church and detonated a propane bomb in there in an attempt to stop them from sacrificing any more people, and to save the other crew members on the station. I hadn't even realized I had killed the chaplain by the end of it, only the cultists. If propane bombing is not allowed then that is entirely on me. There really is no excuse for bombing the super matter chamber and killing of the engineer. For what it's worth, I didn't even realize he was brain dead, but thought he was willingly letting me pull him ( lack of knowledge of the game). Ignoring the admin was not done on purpose at all, but was just my lack of attention towards the chat.

Why you think you should be unbanned: There truly is no legit reason for me to unbanned other than I'm sorry. I really do regret doing it and hadn't realized the ramifications of doing so. Yeah, it was a mindlessly stupid thing to do but at the time and I'm sorry. Even though it's only 7 days, I was hoping it could at least be reduced, however if I am deemed to serve the whole of my sentence I would understand fully. I do promise to never break the rules in this fashion again and to make it a point to memorize and uphold all of the rules that the server mandates from this point forward.
Analbifida
Byond Username: Analbifida

Re: Analbifida-Condottieri-Apology

Post by Analbifida » #529973

Thanks for bringing this to the forum,

During this round the chaplain was cloning empty bodies in the chapel and he was attacking one of them shortly before you walked in and beat him to death, you returned later and smashed all the cloning equipment. I get that everybody makes the mistake of lynching the chaplain at least once when they see him killing people in the chapel, but next time you should stand back and check before attacking them.

I attempted to message you four times and you continued to go about playing normally, the ahelp sound is very obvious so I have trouble believing you just weren't paying attention, your only other ban also states that you ignored the admin when messaged. Be aware in the future that ignoring admins completely or leaving during an ahelp is dealt with fairly harshly. You killing the engineer was also just plain grief, killing logged out players isn't allowed and just because you can drag someone with no objections from them doesn't mean you can casually throw them into the supermatter or blow them up.

The ban will be reduced to two days, answer your ahelps next time.
b0b1212

Re: Analbifida-Condottieri-Apology

Post by b0b1212 » #529981

Hello. Thanks for responding to my ban appeal and reducing the sentence. All I wanted to say was that I am still fairly new to this game and have no clue what the admin message noise even sounds like. Combined with the plethora of noises surrounding me it probably just meshed into the others, especially considering that I don't know what it is.