Appeals which have been closed.
R3pID

[<Peoplearestrange>] <R3pID> banned for baseball bat

Post by R3pID » #530062

BYOND account: <R3pID>
Character name: <Lucas Harris>
Ban type: <Server>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <Baseball batted people off the esc shuttle FNR,was non antag. Disconnected before I could speak to them about This ban.>
Time ban was placed: <19:10:07 , UTC+3, 2019-12-20.>
Server you were playing on when banned: <Event Hall>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <#126231>
Your side of the story: <So I was playing as a doctor, and the round was about to end. The station crew and I boarded the escape shuttle when suddenly a chemical/plasma/whatever explosion broke out. I ran to the nearest locker to hide from hot steaming lava. Chef was in there, he refused to let me in but he decided to rest so I could get in. The fire stopped spreading, I got out and tried to understand what was going on. Someone came and "disarmed" me few times. I fought back and baseball batted him. I know this is very wrong, but I was close to the fire, out of panic I did that. Also, I didn't baseball bat anyone off the shuttle. Maybe just into the fire. Anyways, security saw me and tried to stun me. Tried to baseball bat him too but I was spaced. Then I died. I had a rough day, so I was going to sleep. I had NO message about me getting banned in-game. Woke up to this.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <Very little people know me, I don't know if I'm anything of value. Me getting permanently banned about something that I wasn't adminpm'ed about was unfair. I would give my left testicle to get back to the server.>
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [<Peoplearestrange>] <R3pID> banned for baseball bat

Post by bobbahbrown » #530088

Relevant links: (src, statbus, scrubby)
R3pID wrote:Someone came and "disarmed" me few times. I fought back and baseball batted him.
This is not true. You shoved Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker), the chef, and once he began attacking you is when you began batting him. Note I have excluded lines inbetween these messages in order to provide a rough series of events.

Code: Select all

[2019-12-20 19:05:44.923] ATTACK: R3pID/(Lucas Harris) has shoved Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) (NEWHP: 83.4)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 214, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:05:46.145] ATTACK: R3pID/(Lucas Harris) has shoved Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 83.4)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 214, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:05:47.613] ATTACK: Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) has shaken R3pID/(Lucas Harris) (NEWHP: 100)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 213, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:05:58.220] ATTACK: Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) has attacked R3pID/(Lucas Harris) with sharpened kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 92.7)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 214, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:05:59.216] ATTACK: Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) has attacked R3pID/(Lucas Harris) with sharpened kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 85.3)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 214, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:05:59.485] ATTACK: R3pID/(Lucas Harris) has attacked Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) with baseball bat (INTENT: DISARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 75.9)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 213, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:06:01.019] ATTACK: R3pID/(Lucas Harris) has attacked Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) with baseball bat (INTENT: DISARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60.9)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 214, 12))
[2019-12-20 19:06:02.127] ATTACK: R3pID/(Lucas Harris) has attacked Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) with baseball bat (INTENT: DISARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 43.4)  (Emergency Shuttle (100, 215, 12))
In total you attacked three players, Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker), HOMOcidle_Pancakes/(Danika Fisher) [a security officer] and Googles_Hands/(Scott Miller) [the warden]. However, in investigating this round I do not believe any of these players were taken off the shuttle by your actions, which is what the original ban described.

[2019-12-20 19:07:53.844] GAME: The round has ended.
 -- HOMOcidle_Pancakes died at centcomm...
[2019-12-20 19:08:27.947] ATTACK: HOMOcidle_Pancakes/(Danika Fisher) has died (BRUTE: 84, BURN: 34.4, TOX: 1, OXY: 95.3, CLONE: 0) (CentCom Recovery Ship (205, 86, 1))
 -- Hajduk died on the shuttle after round end...
[2019-12-20 19:08:47.345] ATTACK: Hajduk/(Roscoe Hooker) has died (BRUTE: 100, BURN: 3.9, TOX: 0, OXY: 135.667, CLONE: 0) (Emergency Shuttle (207, 79, 1))
 -- Googles_Hands made it to centcomm and didn't die...
[2019-12-20 19:10:42.399] ATTACK: Googles_Hands/(Scott Miller) has stunned Livrah/(Boris Mahnov) (NEWHP: 62)  (CentCom Recovery Ship (189, 81, 1))
You did disconnect rather fast after this transpired, and before the round had even ended, so when the administrator got to the ticket you had already left the round for two minutes.

[2019-12-20 19:07:42.368] ACCESS: Logout: R3pID/(derelict drone)
[2019-12-20 19:09:49.584] ADMIN: peoplearestrange/(Daisy Woton) checked the individual player panel for r3pid[DC]/(derelict drone).
R3pID

Post by R3pID » #530090

Sorry for my bad memory, is my ban still permanent?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #530145

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. The ban was only perma as a temporary measure as I couldn't speak to you at the end of round.

Thank you bobbah for providing the relevant logs. Given the situation and its not really possible for me to retroactively tell if anyone DID end up off the shuttle (other than a witness who ahelped and told me it had happened to them), I'm going to assume this only caused the death of one person at best. Given the time of year and that you clearly are new I'll be easier.

That being said shuttle grief is NEVER acceptable as a non antag. You should understand this now before you get caught out in the future.
Anyway I'll reduce the ban to a day (effectively removing the ban now) in the hopes it won't happen again.
Merry Christmas and play nice :)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
R3pID

Post by R3pID » #530148

Thank you for responding to it. I almost thought I was done.
Merry Christmas!