BYOND account: Maskedvi29

Character name: Dyson Heck

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Mirroring original ban on Pineman47 for multikeying

Time ban was placed: 2019-10-17 2:02:06

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 121581

Your side of the story: So to summarize: I was an asshole. I multikeyed and killed a lot of people in brig as a non-antag. I used multiple accounts such as Pineman47 and 2 others that I forgot the name of. One of the admins caught on that round and banned them all. I claimed at the time that I didn't know the other accounts and my Maskedvi29 account was left unbanned. I later confessed to it when questioned about it by Shaps about a week later and my Maskedvi29 account was re-banned. I didn't even try to appeal immediately afterwards.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been almost 3 months, it's Christmas and I enlisted in the Army so I won't be able to play that much. That and I miss the community and the gameplay.

References of good conduct: I used to play on Beestation about two months ago before I enlisted in the Army. I can't remember specifically what I did on that server but I know that I never multikeyed or griefed in any way, shape, or form on Beestation. I might be seen playing on Beestation as Henry Heck. Some people like Talia Robinson can back me up on that.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Shaps <Maskedvi29> - Banned for multikeying

Post by bobbahbrown » #531159

The round in which the original multikeying incident happened was 121339 on Sybil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

It's worth noting the user seems to have actively avoided detection through changing their IP, as evident through logging not containing any lines regarding users connecting from the same IP. I cannot comment as to if the user also spoofed hardware ids.

Along with the two ckeys mentioned, maskdvi29 and pineman47, it seems likely to me that another involved ckey was populice86, as shown through the connection pattern, the same unique version of BYOND (only shared with one other user that round), and also the shared random violence immediately after joining.

I feel its also worth mentioning, as it may not be clear from this user's forum account, that they are a very experienced player. They are not new by any measure, clocking in over 2000 hours of connected time since mid 2017.
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #531163

As the original admin that found this out I would just like to comment how you are ////not//// a new player. With 2000+ hours you knew why this was bad. I remember looking back in the logs and seeing you do this multiple times before, not just once but multiple times, you multikeyed to be malicious and murderbone as a nonantag, two things we punish, and then blatantly lied when you were confronted about it initially.

Gonna be real with you chief I really wouldn't consider undoing this unless a full year had passed and you've gotten some good vouches from notable people. You said you were good on Bee Station so get yourself some vouches that you've improved as a person and don't just play so you can make spacemen horizontal even when you're not an antag.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #533885

In lieu of no response from the original poster and as Shaps has deferred this to Zero, I'm resolving this thread.