Appeals which have been closed.
AlphaPekka

[Peoplearestrange] AlphaPekka - perma ban

Post by AlphaPekka » #533456

BYOND account: AlphaPekka
Character name: AlphaPekka
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: The ban reason is: Killing random people because "for fun i guess#people are already self antagging".
Time ban was placed: 2019-12-31 00.22.23
Server you were playing on when banned: /tg/Station Event Hall: Sseth overflow event.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 126981
Your side of the story: Firstly i want to apologize for the rude answers i gave as a reason. Secondly i am new to ss13, although i have been playing it a lot there is still much to learn for example that i thought self antagging was a thing. I thought to myself if they are making nations and executing sec maybe i can kill people too, which was obviously stupid. I was hoping that my ban can be lifted or even just turn into a temporary ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: As i already said im new and i dont really know anything. I was hoping that i get a second chance to redeem myself.
References of good conduct: Sadly tg station is the only station i play (which is the reason i am writing this)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Peoplearestrange] AlphaPekka - perma ban

Post by bobbahbrown » #533461

It may be worth asking the BeeStation admins how long this player played on their station given they originally played /tg/ back in March of 2019 but didn't return from April to late November, finally returning a few days before their ban on BeeStation. They are currently permabanned from BeeStation for grief.

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #533463

Hi there, thank you for appealing you ban.

Firstly I wouldn't count 10 months as new to the game (http://www.byond.com/members/AlphaPekka account created in March 2019). I'd expect someone to have a fairly good grasp of the game by this point.

I do accept that in events sometimes things are confusing, but however instead of ahelping what you saw as other people "self-antaging" you decided to go full murder.

You attacked and killed at least 3 people from what I can see
[2019-12-31 00:02:01.005] ATTACK: AlphaPekka/(AlphaPekka) has attacked /(Gerardo Hunt) with kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (NEWHP: -1) (Port Quarter Maintenance (65, 113, 2))
[2019-12-31 00:15:42.374] ATTACK: AlphaPekka/(AlphaPekka) has attacked /(Eden Noton) with kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90) (Port Maintenance (71, 114, 2))
[2019-12-31 00:19:00.624] ATTACK: AlphaPekka/(AlphaPekka) has attacked /(Arianna Woodward) with kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (NEWHP: 9) (Port Quarter Maintenance (69, 109, 2))
And then continued attacking them well after their death for some reason:
[2019-12-31 00:18:24.840] ATTACK: AlphaPekka/(AlphaPekka) has attacked /(Eden Noton) with kitchen knife (INTENT: HARM) (NEWHP: -240.8) (Port Quarter Maintenance (66, 113, 2))

You didn't say a SINGLE word the entire 45 minutes you were playing for, you made no attempt at playing with anyone else and you hadn't even bothered with an actual character name, instead reusing your ckey.
You didn't even seem to understand what you were doing was wrong in ahelps.

As pointed out, perhaps the only reason you play on TG is being banned from other servers (at least Bee Station from the above post).

I do not believe you wish to engage with our players, to abide our rules or to even attempt to play the game in a way that doesn't solely benefit yourself.
Appeal denied
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
AlphaPekka

Post by AlphaPekka » #533748

At this point im just begging for a second chance. if i was just going to grief again i wouldnt have put in so much effort to get the ban removed.
I would like to say again that while i may have this account for a while i didnt play for the entire 10 months but just some games with friends.
the reason i was banned on beestation is because 1. I had no idea the grenade would be blowing up that big. since i had just started with chemistry and knew next to nothing. 2.i threw it at my friend with whom i'd been playing with.
To the round on tg station: I didnt say anything because i was in a discord call with my friend who was also playing with me and we were playing together which prompted me to not communicate with the players in the game.
I beg you to reconsider. i spend way to much time to learn "everything" (just some roles) about ss13 to just loose it to some stupid thing i did.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #533765

AlphaPekka wrote:To the round on tg station: I didnt say anything because i was in a discord call with my friend who was also playing with me and we were playing together which prompted me to not communicate with the players in the game.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else
Spoiler:
Rule 2 wrote: Do not use information gained outside of in character means.
I.e.. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Skype, known as metacomms. Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Rule_2_Precedents
Spoiler:
Rule 2 Precedents wrote:Metacomms, the use of methods of communication outside of SS13 IC channels, is a very serious rule violation and may be met with permanent bans for all related accounts. If players are sharing the same IP or know each other in real life or the like, inform the admins first, otherwise it may look suspicious. Players are allowed to introduce new players that they know to the game but all communication and explanations should be done in game if possible. Admins can also help in these situations if requested.
It might be a good idea to review the rules before you make your next appeal. Metacomms is just as bad, if not worse than what you were banned for.
AlphaPekka

Post by AlphaPekka » #533771

We didnt talk about the game but since every form of communication outside of ss13 is forbidden, i am in the wrong sorry for having caused trouble. I will accept your decision to not remove the ban.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #533775

Closing this. You may appeal your ban in a year or a head admin may overturn/overrule this.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box