OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

[Shaps] OFQ - be the change you want to see in the world

Post by OFQ » #541185

BYOND account: OFQ
Character name: Random anomaly/SM gamer slime
Ban type: server
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: "Taking anomaly slimes to immediately run around destroying station infrastructure in bad faith hoping that someone will change the thing. Has said in his own thread on the forums that an admin has told him not to do this in the future, which he confirmed in ahelps. Multiple poor conduct notes in a short time, if you want to make a change to the code, learn how to contribute to the github."
Time ban was placed: 2day
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 129941
Your side of the story:

For the reference."anomaly slimes need a nerf"
Taking anomaly slimes to immediately run around destroying station infrastructure
There is no lore/RP reason why slime shouldn't destroy station infrastructure. Also there is "IQ level" concept for slimes. Instead there is RP reason for everything I did:
  1. Breaking n2o cans - sleepnig pray can't fight back. Could break plasma cans but it is more in the murderbone are (which is discouraged by Manuel rules)
  2. Smashing gravy gen APC - again, helps slime fight the crew.
  3. Killing AI - AI and borgs are the worst enemies of the slimes.
  4. Breaking silo - no resources from borgs and mech.
As a slime you have 2 options: either be a station gremlin or do murderbone (which is discouraged on Manuel). Also there is no reason to do the second, as a full health slime, since you can't split so it's even more questionable RP vise than making station comfortable for you and reducing the treat levels by smashing scary stuff.
Has said in his own thread on the forums that an admin has told him not to do this in the future, which he confirmed in ahelps.
Yeah, also admeme said that it is "probably" ok to do on other servers. But I disagree, at least on Manuel players are usually somewhat experienced and know how to fix stuff. On other servers you just end the round. Also I chated with devs/admemes in OCC and forum and it doesn't look like anyone going to do anything about this. Also I asked the admeme to post in the thread his point of view on this slime retardation but he didn't. So I'm not sure how big of a deal is it.
Multiple poor conduct notes
I'm pretty sure that admeme didn't note me the first time. He simply asked to not kill AI and I didn't.
if you want to make a change to the code, learn how to contribute to the github
The thing is that slimes was unable to destroy machinery but it was "fixed" for some reason :D

Well I won't do it again. Personally I find it extremely stupid how anomaly/SM slimes are designed. Also I proposed fixes for this in the referenced thread.
Last edited by OFQ on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OFQ

Re: [Shaps] OFQ - be the change you want to see in the world

Post by OFQ » #541188

Also I should point out that it was 2 hours shift and engineers vere pretty confident in their stuff. Also the shuttle was called for the different reason (crew voted If I remember correctly). So it wasn't a big problem for the crew.

Yeah and whats up with getting 2 different bans from 2 different admemes for the same thing?
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #541197

I would like to point out that i was around the day before and you constantly take the anomaly slimes to do the exact same thing every time. Destroy the supermatter APC than the grav gen and the AI. I bwoinked you before killing the AI. Ruining the round for multiple players with a minor side antag to get your point across for a nerf.

Antagonism and murderboning.
You're an antag, great! Treat your role as an interesting challenge and not an excuse to destroy other people’s game experience. Your actions should make the game more fun, more exciting and more enjoyable for everyone; you can treat your objectives as suggestions on what you should attempt to achieve but you are also encouraged to ignore them if you've got a better idea. You do NOT have to act in a nefarious or evil way, but you are not allowed to just go on a silent rampage and eliminate all the players in a power trip. We're all here to have a good time, after all.

Just because you are a slime you are not exempt from this while playing on manuel, i expect some kind of escalation before going off to murder the AI and blow up engineering rendering the station uninhabitable unprovoked. This is not really making for fun game play for anyone but yourself.
Last edited by JusticeGoat on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541199

JusticeGoat wrote:Just because you are a slime you are not exempt from this while playing on manuel, i expect some kind of escalation before going off to murder the AI and blow up engineering rendering the station uninhabitable unprovoked. This is not really making for fun game play for anyone but yourself.
This time it was actually providing something to do for engineers and AI at 2 hours into the shift where nothing happens. Also they managed to fix most of APCs pretty fast. The thing with slime is that it can break APCs faster than you fix them unless you weld all the vents or cool down scrubber,vent pipes. It actually can somewhat ruin rounds for benos if they spawn after "gamer slime" robusted the station. Don't take me wrong. Slime can be countered and provide fun. The problem is how good it is at "providing fun" for the minor antag. Especially if there are no experienced engineers.

I wouldn't do it at the shift start. That's just wasn't a big deal in the current round so I took the chance to "gather more feedback" :D
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #541239

Just to clarify since you referenced a thread in the coding space, if someone says in the coding subforum that "the best way to get something changed is to abuse it" and we don't delete/edit that post, that is NOT the same as the coding team (maintainers) supporting using a feature constantly to the point that someone is annoyed enough to get it change.

Not sure if a post on there prompted this behavior.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541259

Cobby wrote:Just to clarify since you referenced a thread in the coding space, if someone says in the coding subforum that "the best way to get something changed is to abuse it" and we don't delete/edit that post, that is NOT the same as the coding team (maintainers) supporting using a feature constantly to the point that someone is annoyed enough to get it change.
Nonetheless it's a valid point on how humanity progress :D
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #541346

No it's not you acted obnoxiously and got blocked from a video game server for it

If you want to submit a change, learn to code

Appeal denied
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541356

Shaps-cloud wrote:No it's not you acted obnoxiously and got blocked from a video game server for it

If you want to submit a change, learn to code

Appeal denied

Jeeez https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/49277
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541372

zxaber wrote: Playing pyro slime as a specter is a lot of fun, and I'd hate to see it go. Attacking machines out of sight, always slipping away before people show up, so no one even knows what is killing the APCs. Y'know, Make the station feel haunted. Making the role limited to SM delams is sad.

From the crew's side of things, I've never been in a situation where the slime being able to break things felt unfair. You just weld up the vents and scrubbers of important rooms and eventually catch it trying to break in through a window somewhere. If anything, the part that feels unfair is that their attack can knock you down if your back is to the wall (like a shove), which leaves you pretty much open to being sapped.

(and by the by, any engineer [or engineer borg] worth their salt can replace a broken APC. It really should not be an "f-ing the station for good" situation)

The SM/Slime ranch sounds neat. I'm just against removing sapient slimes from the pyro anomaly.
link

What is life... What a slime supposed to do or not do
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #541375

this appeal sucks.
Shaps-cloud wrote: If you want to submit a change, learn to code
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose