BYOND account: <Damous>
Character name: <Isiah Roby>
Ban type: <Permaban>
Ban length: <Permanent>
Ban reason: <https://i.gyazo.com/aff80db8baa906f9f14 ... 3daa46.png.>
Time ban was placed: <08:45:52.>
Server you were playing on when banned: <I don't remember>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <Round ID::85156>
Your side of the story: <I was powergaming as captain for about two months(??) to validhunt antags. I also killed people(non-antags) who were also trying to kill of incapacitate me (including security) and it was all following the rules, at least during that time. An admin got notice of it and deemed it beyond the point of acceptance and i was banned for it.>
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I don't know, it's been quite a while (almost two years now?) and i think i deserve another shot. Its never a good thing to be permanently kept from doing something.>
References of good conduct: <I've been playing mostly on Colonial Marines, even from way back in the day where Apop and Jamie would enforce insane RP and powergame checks on the player base(the RP rule is gone but the NO powergame rules still stand), when i started playing there again i was banned on ALL command roles, including SL, right now all my bans have been cleared. From the time i started playing again and up to now i still haven't been banned or got a note on anything, i almost got a commander ap accepted, everything was ok, but the backstory was lacking.>

Anyway, i guess thats it?

Thanks for looking through it.

Edit reason: Errors
Last edited by Damous on Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damous
Byond Username: Damous

Re: [kevinz000]Damous - Permaban

Post by Damous » #542874

I'd be nice if an admin posted my notes for reference.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #542918

Notes that Dax posted last time you appealed.
Spoiler:
Previous appeals:
- March 2018, denied
- May 2018, denied
- Recent accepted appeal from Colonial Marines (August, 2019) referenced in your post

In your most recent appeal, it was noted that the record on Colonial Marines cannot be taken at word, that may be different now. It should be checked.
kevinz000 wrote:...Your record with CM isn't as spotless as you think it is, some things from your posts here aren't matching up, you still don't seem to understand why you were banned...
Damous

Post by Damous » #542974

bobbahbrown wrote:Notes that Dax posted last time you appealed.
Spoiler:
Previous appeals:
- March 2018, denied
- May 2018, denied
- Recent accepted appeal from Colonial Marines (August, 2019) referenced in your post

In your most recent appeal, it was noted that the record on Colonial Marines cannot be taken at word, that may be different now. It should be checked.
kevinz000 wrote:...Your record with CM isn't as spotless as you think it is, some things from your posts here aren't matching up, you still don't seem to understand why you were banned...
Alright, i'll be posting my notes very shortly.
Damous

Post by Damous » #542976

These are my most recent notes, provided by senior mod Sakuyoi at 6:50GMT (right now, where i live)
Damous

Post by Damous » #542978

Before anyone ask for proof of source, here it is.

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #543276

Aight nice it's been two years or something, I'm gonna keep this short.

Alright well my thoughts are that CM isn't exactly a place that's going to uh, show whether or not you're.. powergaming, as it's pretty hard to get bwoinked for powergaming there far as I know (well, it's not, but there's some stuff you just cannot do like "don't bring certain things on first deployment/metagame certain things" that said I haven't played there in quite a few months). That said, good on you for bringing references.

Your powergaming to validhunting wasn't uh.. normal. And by that I mean it went far further than what most people are doing at the time. You did stuff like grab CE magboots/similar things as an unrelated job, IIRC ordered cargo guns and put yourself on ephedrine every round with chem implants, yadda yadda. Plenty of powergamers on /tg/ but that kinda takes the trophy, my man.
Also how you handled your first appeal wasn't exactly good far as I'm concerned, including the part where you posted on hippie about was it being a joke appeal or something once denied? Yeesh.

All that said, yeah, it's been two years and I'm someone who believes in change, I'm not going to throw some arbitrary probation date on this (lmao do we still do this?) or something like "haha permaban this guy if they ever fuck up again". I'm going to trust that you changed your mentality as a player (or at the very least, can be willing to change how you act on this server specifically, because yeah sure some other servers are probably more than alright with this sorta stuff).
If you are let back in do you agree to tone down the validhunting/powergaming to at the very least what's going to be deemed "acceptable" levels by how people play as of current? Like I said there's no end to powergamers, no end to validhunters, hell I myself am pretty decently leaning towards it historically on this server. It'll happen, it'll always happen, there's never going to be day when no one does it because it's a game. The issue is that you need to consider other people's interests too, sometimes it's really not worth the effort to "win" and sometimes you need to recognize at a certain point "winning" the game isn't worth what you're putting everyone around you through to get there. Everyone's going to get away with some preparation, just don't focus every single round on making yourself as powerful as possible to "win" against the other side, especially as a non antagonist/security (as we've never really limited antags on this why am I even saying "especially") and/or don't go out of your way to game end people with as much powergame as you possibly can have round after round. I'm not going to ask that you're held to unrealistic standards past what everyone else is held to but I will ask that you try not to be the sore thumb in terms of top ten powergamers/whatever.

If you can agree to more or less play nice and y'know, not make the entire round/game centered around you I'm fine with lifting this, acceptable?

Edit: Do not take this as me bashing on CM. That's not what I'm saying for those reading. It's just a comment on their mechanical ways to curb powergame. Seriously, good on you if they are willing to vouch for ya.
Damous

Post by Damous » #543321

kevinz000 wrote:Aight nice it's been two years or something, I'm gonna keep this short.

Alright well my thoughts are that CM isn't exactly a place that's going to uh, show whether or not you're.. powergaming, as it's pretty hard to get bwoinked for powergaming there far as I know (well, it's not, but there's some stuff you just cannot do like "don't bring certain things on first deployment/metagame certain things" that said I haven't played there in quite a few months). That said, good on you for bringing references.

Your powergaming to validhunting wasn't uh.. normal. And by that I mean it went far further than what most people are doing at the time. You did stuff like grab CE magboots/similar things as an unrelated job, IIRC ordered cargo guns and put yourself on ephedrine every round with chem implants, yadda yadda. Plenty of powergamers on /tg/ but that kinda takes the trophy, my man.
Also how you handled your first appeal wasn't exactly good far as I'm concerned, including the part where you posted on hippie about was it being a joke appeal or something once denied? Yeesh.

All that said, yeah, it's been two years and I'm someone who believes in change, I'm not going to throw some arbitrary probation date on this (lmao do we still do this?) or something like "haha permaban this guy if they ever fuck up again". I'm going to trust that you changed your mentality as a player (or at the very least, can be willing to change how you act on this server specifically, because yeah sure some other servers are probably more than alright with this sorta stuff).
If you are let back in do you agree to tone down the validhunting/powergaming to at the very least what's going to be deemed "acceptable" levels by how people play as of current? Like I said there's no end to powergamers, no end to validhunters, hell I myself am pretty decently leaning towards it historically on this server. It'll happen, it'll always happen, there's never going to be day when no one does it because it's a game. The issue is that you need to consider other people's interests too, sometimes it's really not worth the effort to "win" and sometimes you need to recognize at a certain point "winning" the game isn't worth what you're putting everyone around you through to get there. Everyone's going to get away with some preparation, just don't focus every single round on making yourself as powerful as possible to "win" against the other side, especially as a non antagonist/security (as we've never really limited antags on this why am I even saying "especially") and/or don't go out of your way to game end people with as much powergame as you possibly can have round after round. I'm not going to ask that you're held to unrealistic standards past what everyone else is held to but I will ask that you try not to be the sore thumb in terms of top ten powergamers/whatever.

If you can agree to more or less play nice and y'know, not make the entire round/game centered around you I'm fine with lifting this, acceptable?

Edit: Do not take this as me bashing on CM. That's not what I'm saying for those reading. It's just a comment on their mechanical ways to curb powergame. Seriously, good on you if they are willing to vouch for ya.
acceptable.

I learned the hard way on CM that other people will ruin your fun to have their own, and it's not nice and it happens to you. Considering that CM is a game where xenos win 90% of the time, you learn that losing can be fun.

I was emotionally distressed back then and hurt alot of people and friends, and lets just say that TG was not the only place that i had to ask for forgiveness. I'm not trying to be emotionally appeal or anything, just clearing up before things go forever unexplained.

I appreciate you vouching for me, thanks.

NOTE: About powergaming on cm tho...People are getting permananned without notice if they use phoron stunprods on the xenos, chem enhancement pills(before xenos get to the ship) and earmuffs(to null the effects of the queens screech).
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #543926

unbanned

also lmao yeah haha holy shit phoron stunprods that's a new one god how times change

aight have fun man