Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

[Nervere] Sylphet - Someone else's ban evasion

Post by Sylphet » #543729

BYOND account: Sylphet

Character name: N/A

Ban type: StickyBan

Ban length: Perma?

Ban reason: (StickyBan) You, or another user of this computer or connection (spottypanda01) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: crashing server, evasion.

Time ban was placed: Doesn't say

Round ID in which ban was placed: Doesn't say

Your side of the story: I had some internet issues last night that caused me to disconnect, it's taken me until now to fix them. Once I finally got everything fixed, I go to log into ss13, and I'm hit with this ban. It told me to wait six seconds before reconnecting, and I did. Tried again a few times, no change. I don't know who Spottypanda1 is, and I've never crashed the server or ban evaded. The only thing I can think of that might have annoyed the ban evasion system is that everything I do online goes through a VPN, and I imagine this player used the same endpoint as I do or something.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think my conduct on the server speaks for itself, I've only ever been banned once, when I was first learning the game. I was experienced enough to know some basic game mechanics, but not so experienced as to really grasp the rules - and my note history is completely clean ever since then. I think that I'm a good, helpful player, and I do my best to make shifts more fun for myself and everyone involved.

References of good conduct: Not sure I have any in particular - but this ban was never intended for me and is no reflection of my conduct as a player.
Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Re: [Nervere] Sylphet - Someone else's ban evasion

Post by Exavere » #544031

Everything seems to check out, your note history isn't bad at all and it looks like your VPN got you hit with someone else's ban. You should be un-banned of this moment and further more unless a Headmin overrules me directly or I've made some mistake.

See you in game, spaceman.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: [Nervere] Sylphet - Someone else's ban evasion

Post by Sylphet » #544037

Thanks so much!