JagreenLern
Byond Username: JagreenLern

[Vekter] JagreenLern - Newb doesn't understand lavaland roles

Post by JagreenLern » #547857

BYOND account: JagreenLern
Character name: Lurks-Between-Stars
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Spawned as a lavaland role and broke into the station before murdering multiple crewmembers
Time ban was placed: 3/9 15:32:16
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 131852
Your side of the story: I got gibbed by a monster in lavaland and chose to spawn as a syndie in the syndie base in lavaland. I had never taken a lavaland role, so I looked up comms agent and bioweapons scientist on the wiki and couldn't find anything, and assumed I was just supposed to try and attack the crew and cause trouble on the station.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't understand the role I was playing, and acted out of ignorance. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Most of the time I just work robotics or viro and do what I can to make whatever the station needs, although I have gotten in trouble with an admin once before while playing sec. In the future, is it ok if I ask in ooc chat what I'm supposed to be doing if I end up working a role I don't understand and can't seem to find info on?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] JagreenLern - Newb doesn't understand lavaland roles

Post by Vekter » #548472

Hey, sorry this took so long to get back to you on.

Generally, the best thing to do if you can't find any info on the wiki is to adminhelp. Even if none of us are on, it gets piped into a Discord channel we all have access to and one of us will likely see it. For roles that spawn in the syndie base, you're not meant to leave it to come to the station. It's more of a place you can do other activities in without having to worry about the Lavaland mobs bothering you. Comms agents will generally use tools available to them to screw with the station, impersonating members of crew, making false callouts, or just generally being annoying. Bioweapons scientists stay on the station and use the myriad research gear to develop biotech weapons for the Syndicate.

I'll go ahead and remove this. Thanks for letting me know what happened.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you