BYOND account: <Funkmaster_3000
Character name: <Forney Jordan>
Ban type: <Server>
Ban length: <3 days>
Ban reason: <Image>
Time ban was placed: <20:09:22>
Server you were playing on when banned: <Terry>
Round ID in which ban was placed: <132511>
Your side of the story: <The mime stole my shoes. I chased him to get them back. He runs into the recreation area, we are now alone. My wireless keyboard disconnects, a ridiculous detail that is unfortunately important as he murders me with a stun baton. He puts me into a soul shard, and while we are still alone I whisper "you only killed me cause my keyboard disconnected". This is the one and only "blatant ooc in IC". He then ran away from me. I started wandering around as a peaceful shade looking for him, when a few people on the radio yelled "mime ling, get the mime". An assistant points at me, and asks if I am a miner shade. I say "No, I am the ling mime's shade". This is the part necromancer defines as "ratting out their ally to security". The mime then runs by, being chased by the entire security force from wherever he had been, and shards me so I can't help him fight or anything, and gets blasted to hell. >
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I definitely am not the reason the mime died or the reason anyone found out he was a ling, and my ick-ock was not public, was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. Admins can only interpret things based on what they see in the logs, and if the logs have me saying he was a ling, the assumption makes sense. It's just not what happened. I would have helped that mime had I been able to.>
References of good conduct: <been playing a very long time, relatively well known in the community, not a murderboning retard>
Last edited by Funkmaster_3000 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmaster_3000

Re: [<NecromancerAnne>] <Funkmaster3000> - 3 day Ban for talking

Post by Funkmaster_3000 » #550185

Oh yeah, when I got bwoinked for this I was confused as to what I had even done wrong, and may have been a little rude/incredulous when talking to Anne. Sorry for that.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #550191

(src, statbus, scrubby)

So the person you disclosed the following information to was an assistant, Tarn Gore, as far as I can tell -- not a security officer. He did proceed to state the information you told him on radio.

Code: Select all

[2020-03-18 19:52:17.194] TCOMMS: Gaddox The Destroyer/(Tarn Gore) [Common] (spans:  ) "Mime is a ling" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (126, 140, 2))
I personally couldn't find any evidence to support your claim that the mime was already an outed antagonist, aside from that same person (Tarn Gore) saying that the mime was a cultist earlier in the round.

From the telecomms log we can see he said this on common, but that is really a bit of a dead end as far as I could see.

Code: Select all

[2020-03-18 19:49:55.412] TCOMMS: Gaddox The Destroyer/(Tarn Gore) [Common] (spans:  ) "Mime is cult" (language: Galactic Common) (Central Primary Hallway (127, 140, 2))
also for posterity this was the keyboard thing

Funkmaster_3000

Post by Funkmaster_3000 » #550240

I think the reason he flagged me down in the first place to ask what shade I was was, him trying to figure out what the mime was, and it was probably a bit forward for me to say "ling" when previously he had only been identified as "cult", but I was sort of also confused as to how a ling made a shade. I'm curious to know if the 4 sec officers that lynched mime did so because of the ling radio message, the cult one, or something else.

either way a 3 day ban is not too much to endure, just sad no space game quarantine fun time for a bit. Wanted to get this appeal up to clear up the gnarly ban reason that I guess'll be on my record.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #550680

I am unsure if you truly can't appreciate how absolutely damning the log in which you explicitly correct the people chasing after the mime what their antag status is, but lemme be pretty forward about it. Whether or not you unintentionally gave this fact away (and I do not believe it whatsoever because this looks like taking revenge for dying to the mime) doesn't change that you invariably got the mime killed and gibbed, which likely wouldn't have occurred if people thought they were a cultist.

The 3 day ban sticks, in the future if you suddenly find yourself in a similar position as this, maybe better to keep your mouth shut if you can't trust yourself not to give away vital information that might jeopardize your master's survival. Ling revival is explicitly a 'gotcha' if they didn't expect them to be one.

A headmin can disagree with me on this if they please but frankly given the logs I don't think there is anything more to say about this.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #552174

This ban looks fine to me.