Mycah
Byond Username: Mycah

[<TheMidnightRose>] <Mycah> 5 day ban for suiciding near round start

Post by Mycah » #562747

BYOND account: Mycah

Character name: Theodore Bear

Ban type: Server

Ban length: 5 Days

Ban reason: "Part of the Mass Suicide/Ghost Sniping/IC in OOC destruction of round 137998"

Time ban was placed: 2020-05-25 19:46:43

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed: 137998

Your side of the story: After seeing everyone else actually suiciding in my chapel, turning OOC on to see what was going on, realized that it's because of the stacking error on Icebox that no one wanted to participate in. Ghosted in the chapel incinerator as well as to shorten the round and not have it come to a crawl and be literally unplayable. I noticed that ahelps were filed, and I did send a ping to @supportmin on the discord, as we're supposed to, but it was for the round before (which had the same issue), and never had any response.
That's when folk noticed it was a wizard round, and started screaming at the wizard.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was not performing any IC in OOC, or ghost sniping. Being part of the suicide as a non-command role, and to try and avoid an actual known error within the game itself, should not result in a punishment of the community. If a stadium is poorly designed, and caves in, do you blame the crowd for being too fat? No, you blame the architects for poor design, or the event organizers for not dispersing seating.

References of good conduct: Fucked if I know. My prayers regularly get IC answers that help make interesting roleplay? I am not an unknown character.

For proof of what I said in OOC, I have a picture. Image
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [<TheMidnightRose>] <Mycah> 5 day ban for suiciding near round start

Post by BeeSting12 » #562750

>I was not performing any IC in OOC

The 3rd and 4th lines of your OOC logs are both IC in OOC
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #562753

As there was a total of 19 bans from this round's incident. There will be cleanup on the mass ban. Non-chapel suicides are being lifted as I was trying to get a list of who suicidied, who participated in the IC in OOC, and the Ghost Sniping of the wizard. Chapel suicides that did not participate in the latter two are being moved to one day bans.
You got caught on my GAMELOG: OOC: searches where I was specifically searching for the word "Wizard". You were also one of the first to say that the wizard should suicide. While you did stop after that, being one of the starters for the Mass IC in OOC does you no favors.

A reduction to three days is the most that I am willing to let you have for this with a edit to show the proper reasoning. Quoting what the new ban reason will be.
R137998 After finding out it was Wizard from others who were IC in OOC, told the Wizard "wizard now is not the time to try and greentext. Just die so we can move on." Was one of the first to do so which may of led others to follow in their stead.

For anyone else appealing, the first section of this will be copypasted as it is relevant to all of my bans from R137998
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
Mycah

Post by Mycah » #562767

As much as I completely disagree that two flippant comments should be punished with a 3 day ban instead of the normal reaction of an admin note, I know not what I can do. Considering I rarely even have OOC turned on specifically to avoid the shenanigans, and only turned it on since Deadchat was riled up over it, my normal respectable behavior in regards to trying to adhere to rulings should at least weigh somewhat into the equation.

It's impressive that my first official punishment is a five day ban over two comments, said over a round that honestly could be wiped from the records and everyone would benefit from that.
Mycah

Post by Mycah » #562990

TheMidnghtRose wrote:
You got caught on my GAMELOG: OOC: searches where I was specifically searching for the word "Wizard". You were also one of the first to say that the wizard should suicide. While you did stop after that, being one of the starters for the Mass IC in OOC does you no favors.
http://imgur.com/a/cet2SQa a series of screenshots from my phone, as I'm at work, showing the amount of chatter that was going on far before I spoke up at all. I ghosted after the sniping started.

I was not "one of the first", I was five-ish minutes later than the direct sniping.

Do not pit me as the rebel rouser.
Mycah

Post by Mycah » #563105

The ban period is now over, but I request that
Was one of the first to do so which may of led others to follow in their stead
be rescinded, as it is inaccurate.