Appeals which have been closed.
Digresskew

[RaveRadbury] Ray Gunn - Lube = Self Antagging

Post by Digresskew » #564955

BYOND account: Digresskew
Character name: Ray Gunn
Ban type: Chemist Roleban
Ban length: Edited - Week
Ban reason: MRP - As non-antag chemist set off lube grenades to "improve fun levels" "do you expect a HOP to not immediately commit suicide 10 minutes into a greenshift? I arguably helped the station. hell- the ACTUAL CAPTAIN already left. this made keters day, be honest." Does not believe that what they did was against the rules or self-antagging. This isn't your first note for something like this. Cut it out or play on our other servers.
Time ban was placed: Unobtainable by me, as there is a 3-day server ban placed after this ban. both are related to each other, and I will be discussing both here however I am mainly disputing the first ban. The following timestamp is for the LATTER ban: 2020-06-09 23:55:08
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 139157
Your side of the story: On manuel, I rolled chemist, and a few minutes into the round we got the green shift announcement. Aware that there was no imminent danger and that my disruption would not cause serious collateral, I decided to create four clown bombs (composed of smoke reagents, laughter, colorful reagent, cryptobiolin ( a drug that causes confusion and dizziness but metabolizes quickly, completely harmless) and, of course, space lube.(of which there were 40 units, which would not last a terribly long time.) ) with the help of the botanist to create some triple citrus and the laughter, i noticed that the clown did not appear to be active and was nowhere in sight. taking the pranking onto myself, I assembled the grenades and then loudly announced that I would be "bombing security." after a few people saw me outside of the brig and attempted to intercept me for arrest, I set one of the grenades off causing them to all slip and laugh intermittently, coloring the hallway rainbow. I exited the cloud eventually, and security did not pursue me immediately. with three more grenades, I decided a nice place to use the grenade would be in front of the HOP line. with five people present, I entered the line and then declared "aloha snackbar" before setting off another color bomb. the HOP was extremely displeased by this, and once the cloud had cleared began to chase me. during this time little of note happened except for me setting of one more grenade to attempt to get the HOP off my tail. I eventually escaped him with the help of that last grenade, but when I returned to the medbay, where the warden happened to be I was promptly arrested. the warden decided he did not want to deal with me, and then asked on common what he should do with me. the HOP then asked for me, making it quite clear along the way that he wished to beat me to death. the warden was apprehensive to hand me off at first, but after being "reassured" that I would not be beaten to death (the exchange was 3 sentences at most) he handed me off to the HOP, who promptly beat me to death. I was then tossed into the medbay by the HOP and left. there. When I was eventually revived by a medical doctor, the HOP returned and then cut off my arms after being declared captain by the now SSD captain. as acting captain he decided that my "arm privileges" were revoked. at this point I ahelped, with the responding trialmin being RaveRadbury who immediately decided I was in the wrong because "lubing hallways is basically self-antagging." At this point I was chemist banned but still remained in the round. I had my arms returned by a medical doctor at some point, after which I assembled another grenade, this time containing a (NONLETHAL) dose of chloral hydrate for self defense- as my "arm privileges" were still "revoked." the warden saw me with my arms, and then tried to initiate an arrest to remove my arms. during the chase he caught up with me and I decided to activate the grenade. For this I was given a three day ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe the precedent set by this ban is dangerous, especially considering the other circumstances which were allowed to fly just fine by this particular administrator. I hardly consider lube, especially only forty units worth of it, ESPECIALLY during a greenshift, to be anything close to self-antagging behavior. the purpose of the grenades were to provide some clown shenanigans in lieu of an actual clown. no harm or damage, direct or indirect to my knowledge was perpetrated as a result aside from my own de-arming. I would like to open this appeal chiefly as a dialogue on what exactly constitutes "self antagonistic" behavior on manuel, because there is a very clear discrepancy in my and raveradburys opinions on the issue and I would like to invite other admins to consider my case.
Last edited by Digresskew on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: [RaveRadbury] Ray Gunn - Lube = Self Antagging

Post by RaveRadbury » #564957

Hello, thanks for taking the time to appeal. In your appeal you say that you have a permanent chemistry ban. If this is the case, I made a mistake: a week was the intended length. I will verify the ban length shortly and modify it to the intended length if so.
Digresskew

Post by Digresskew » #564959

RaveRadbury wrote:Hello, thanks for taking the time to appeal. In your appeal, you say that you have a permanent chemistry ban. If this is the case, I made a mistake: a week was the intended length. I will verify the ban length shortly and modify it to the intended length if so.

It is entirely possible that It was a week, if so apologies for the error, there is no way for me to check. I did not see a length given to me in the server announcement given to me when the ban was applied so I believed it was permanent.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564965

I have checked it now and I can confirm that it is a week-long chem ban. Please update your ban appeal to reflect this.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564966

As for the ban itself: you decided to make annoying grenades that would fake-out people into thinking they were poisoned with something as well as lubing hallways. You decided that you had the right to do this because it was a greenshift. You acted shady outside of sec to bait them into engaging you. You literally said that you would "BOMB SECURITY" as a non-antag (https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/139 ... #GAME-1742). You also chose to deathgasp in crit IN MEDBAY (https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/139 ... #GAME-2861), later telling me that the HOP beat you to death. This all comes off as ban-baiting and self-antagging.

We could go deeper on this, discussing the ability of clowns to be able to get away with these things and how you taking it upon yourself to do so as a chemist is a no-go. We could discuss how lubing escalation works on the other servers and why it's an MRP rule 8 violation. We could also discuss the ticket and your unabashed commitment to your style of gameplay.

You also have many notes on Manuel of high severity, one of which also notes you doing something disruptive because you think its "funny".
It's not funny. Stop doing this stuff on MRP.

There's quite a lot going on with what you did in this round and what you've done on MRP in general and honestly I think the bans are pretty lenient considering the evidence.

I do not plan on overturning or modifying this ban. Headmins, of course, can overrule.