Appeals which have been closed.
iloveyoulots

[Jimmius] Iloveyoulots -

Post by iloveyoulots » #565509

BYOND account: iloveyoulots
Character name: Nobelium LXXXIV
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: You have been banned by Jimmius from the server.
Reason: as a non antag detective, opened two tanks of plasma on the escape shuttle. Tried to claim it was an accident. Once would be an accident, two would be deliberate. Don't lie in ahelps in future please.
Time ban was placed: 5:38
Server you were playing on when banned: Eventhall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 139376
Your side of the story: I was playing as random hardcore on a detective character, and got rolled a plasmaman in a wheelchair. Deathsquad eventually came onto the station, being something that I recognise, I knew that I would get killed by them and as such tried to prevent them (or anyone) from using weapons by making it deadly for those in the shuttle to start using weapons or shooting. I didn't attack, or attempt to attack anyone, and only used the plasma in self defence when a deathsquad (or possibly security) member started shooting at the plasma tank, with me right next to it.

https://streamable.com/zinjbc < Video of the incident in question

Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban reason was 'for opening 2 tanks on the shuttle' when at no point was there a 2nd tank on the shuttle, I opened the same tank twice, once for a refill, and the next for protective use against the people trying to kill me. In the video clip attached, you can see I even closed the tank to prevent it from getting into the bridge, since I only wanted to hit the main room where I was at risk.

I believe the roboticist misunderstood what I was doing by releasing plasma, and decided to drop a lit welder into it to kill everyone on the shuttle, as you can see in the clip, I got out of the plasma and tried to take a shot at him for doing that, since it was harming people and I didn't intend to do that.

Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it. I've been playing SS13 in general for a few years, and I'm generally not the type of person who dicks about. I'm experienced, and tend to help mentor players newer than me when I can, most of my hours are in roles like engineer / geneticist, where I just teach newer people how to handle the more advanced systems presented by them all. I'm not the most experienced on TG, but I've been playing for a while and not had any admin punishments prior to this one.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Re: [Jimmius] Iloveyoulots -

Post by Jimmius » #565512

yeah, this looks like an honest mistake on your part. i'll admit i saw the two logs of the plasma tank opening on the shuttle and thought the worst, which wasn't fair. I'll overturn the ban, i shouldn't have been so hasty.
Sarvak
Byond Username: Sarvak

Re: [Jimmius] Iloveyoulots -

Post by Sarvak » #565724

I was one of the deathsquad officers in that shuttle. The plasma tank was hit by a disabler when the officer was getting a guy off the command door, a disabler that does not harm a plasma tank in the slightest. In response, you choose to flood the entire escape shuttle with plasma when there's a bunch of people running around with firearms, welders and other items that can cause a spark. To claim self defense when you weren't even shot at is a bit of a stretch.