Appeals which have been closed.
DISABLED_DAMIEN2009

[SuicidalPickles] DISABLED_DAMIEN2009 - ree

Post by DISABLED_DAMIEN2009 » #566480

b]BYOND account:[/b] DISABLED_DAMIEN2009
Character name: Red Rocket
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Posted another player's Facebook in OOC with a very questionable remark to follow it: "OOC: DISABLED_DAMIEN2009: he knows who he is", very creepy behavior on their part for only having a few hours of playtime around here.
Time ban was placed: 2020-06-18 08:02:58.
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 139854
Your side of the story: I saw that Dawn of Man was playing and I remembered playing with him back in the day, in like 2012 or so. My old byond key was Jasper123. Because of this, I said his old IC name in OOC. People were wondering what I meant when I said his name, so I said "you know who you are." Then, because I realized how ominous that sounded, I thought it would be funny to do that old meme where you link a random Facebook profile ID and it redirects you to your own Facebook page. A timeless prank. To test it out, use the link that I posted when I got banned: facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363
Then I woke up the next day banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't do anything that warrants a ban in my opinion, I think that Pickles was far too hasty in applying a permaban without investigating or even bothering to click on the link himself.
Suicidalpickles
Byond Username: SuicidalPickles

Re: [SuicidalPickles] DISABLED_DAMIEN2009 - ree

Post by Suicidalpickles » #566497

Round logs of their ban, #139854:
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 4/game.txt

Relevant ahelp and asay logs, censored out the ahelping player's name(s) unless told otherwise:
ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #8: CKEY/(ICNAME): that guy just posted my facebook page?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson)->CKEY/(IC NAME): Uh wait what, where at?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: CKEY/(IC NAME)->SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson): the guy above not kidding
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: CKEY/(IC NAME)->SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson): DISABLED_DAMIEN2009
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson)->CKEY/(IC NAME): Was caught up in another ticket, i'll check up on that though, sounds like bad business
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: CKEY/(IC NAME)->SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson): i mean its an alt account obviously but its weird still
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson)->CKEY/(IC NAME): yeah, did you happen to disable it or something I take it?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: CKEY/(IC NAME)->SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson): i use it for spam when it requires a facebook page generally
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson)->CKEY/(IC NAME): alright I'll try and pull up with some other admins since that's kinda creepy tbh
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: CKEY/(IC NAME)->SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson): ikr

ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Thunder12345) "And just like that" (start area (8, 174, 1))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "oh hey just in time" (Gateway (159, 107, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "so uh" (Kitchen (148, 154, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "someone posted another dude's facebook in ooc" (Kitchen (148, 154, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "like just outa the blue" (Captain's Quarters (168, 127, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich) "Time to ask him what the fuck he's doing" (Central Primary Hallway (152, 147, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "lemme grab the log" (Bridge (159, 139, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "OOC: DISABLED_DAMIEN2009: o_o" http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363 (I was informed by you and another 'min that this literally just opens your own facebook account if you have one. WELP.) (Starboard Quarter Maintenance (185, 105, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "OOC: DISABLED_DAMIEN2009: he knows who he is" (Courtroom (174, 122, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich) "Yeah that's a big wtf" (Central Primary Hallway (152, 147, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "Yeah uhh" (Starboard Primary Hallway (182, 130, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "said person only has a few hours of gametime too " (Central Primary Hallway (183, 113, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich) "Bwoink his ass and let's see what his excuse is" (Central Primary Hallway (152, 147, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "Error: Admin-PM: Client not found." (Unexplored Location (208, 136, 5))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich) "Guess he logged" (Central Primary Hallway (152, 147, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "creepy af tbh" (Lavaland Wastes (248, 189, 5))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: Thunder12345/(Jazmin Malcovich) "I'd just drop a perma because this is really fucked up" (Vault (177, 143, 2))
ADMINPRIVATE: ASAY: SuicidalPickles/(Sasha Markson) "alright yeah, ticket #8 has more info" (Telecomms Server Room (158, 127, 2))
Last edited by Suicidalpickles on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #566499

Even just joking about doxing someone has always been taken very, very, seriously, whether or not this is just a prank.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Suicidalpickles
Byond Username: SuicidalPickles

Post by Suicidalpickles » #566500

You got us pretty good with the troll link (the fact that it just redirects to your own facebook account), though I should remind that that doxxing (even just joking about it) is against our rules as the post above mentioned while I was typing this. I don't have a facebook account and as far as my knowledge goes; it's an output for IRL social media stuff typically, so I was pretty jumpy there. Though I do agree that I might've been too hasty on dropping the ban, you were disconnected by the time I got to you so I went off the other admin's input.

Anyway, I'll be lifting this, just don't pull anything like this again; I've been bamboozled.