Appeals which have been closed.
BunnyHoppin

[<VirtualJohn/Dezupher>] BunnyHoppin - Notes correcting

Post by BunnyHoppin » #567228

BYOND account: BunnyHoppin
Character name: Randomly generated borg name / Jackie Olsvich
Note reason:
2020-06-25 02:10:33 | Sybil | Virtual John

Warned - Attacked and killed a wizard as an ASIMOV borg. Asked not to not to attack the wizard if they arent sure of their race. Also seems to be unsure of their laws meanings, so keep an eye out for that.

Server you were playing on when bwoinked: Sybil
Round ID in which note was placed: I play ~10-14 hours a day, most days of the week. Afaik it's impossible to look up the round id of the specific rounds. Bwoinks that come with notes usually tilt me to stop playing for weeks.
Your side of the story: I must first make it clear that out of my nearly 2000 hours of tg code ss13, I've never set cyborg or ai to above never. The borg default lawset is far too loose for my autistic lawbrain that takes account of every single word written. The round, as stated in the note, was a wizard round. Not sure how many people but it felt like a solid med/high pop at about 7:30ish pm. Box station. I was a roundstart chemist. I had ran around with a sulfonal syringe gun and got fireballed before i even got a shot off. Minor salt. I salt in dchat. In dchat I see this wizard nearly in soft crit, and lacks the knowlege of where to get a health kit. This upsets my monkey brain that someone so green would get a wizard roll while I'm still unable to get said roll after all this time. Little more salt. I call him a paste eater because I feel like it's a cute, harmless insult that I've heard somewhere in the past and laughed at the phrasing of. Before I know it, I'm in a posibrain. I almost feel like going ssd because being a borg isnt my thing, but I dont want to slap the faces of these two nice robos who are trying their best to contribute to the war on the wizard. Now I feel determined to not let them down. I wiki what each borg module has access to. I wanted to be a security borg as I felt that the entirely dead security department was the most pressing matter for the station's crew. Of course it is not enabled. I pick mediborg as I know the medical department very well. I wander around for a bit looking for bodies that arnt too far gone that I could revive before round end(triage forces you to think like this while under a time constraint). I end up in the cap's office. The wizard appears on the left side of the room behind the desk (machine frames and the top tables are gone iirc) and fireballs both the cap and I near the teleporter airlock door. The captain's now in soft crit and I'm one fireball from death. I juke around a bit so as not to be fireballed again for the lethal. The airlock door is shut assuring i'll be fireballed again if i try to open it. Before we get to the conclusion I would like to explain my understanding of the first law as it's written( You may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm) is that allowing a human to come to harm is the same level of 'dont let this happen' as harming an unconfirmed human (the wizard had masked their identity behind a helmet). I did not know that wizards were forced roundstart human, I did know they have a magical mirror allowing them to choose their race. Most wizards I've encountered have usually been liches or golem things. Yet still it shouldn't matter what race the wizard is because I'd be allowing a human to die by not defending us both. So now I'm damned if i do or dont, error on law 1. The situation I'm in is either kill an unconfirmed human or let a human die. Then I thought, rule 3 says I can defend myself. Sadly I was wrong, because it hinges on the first law. Which cannot be solved based entirely on the first law itself, as we've determined both actions are incorrect. So we can still move onto the third law for what it's worth (You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law). First law is compromised. Second law isn't entirely relevant as no one's given an order, other than the robos who told me to help fight the wizard. This is the conclusion I decided upon. I must defend myself and the captain with the only object of relevance my kit has. The Circular saw. I dodged the wizard's second fireball and proceed to saw him down. He didnt jaunt away, no, he decided to stay and fight, and lost. Deadchat gets wild because a borg killed someone. I'm excited, terrified of what dchat's saying, and stuttering out responses as to why I did what I did. I've talked with John about the first law in discord for a bit and I seem to keep getting responses that arnt implied or impended onto the ruleset as to why my by the letter interpretation dosn't work, but am still getting punished with a note by not knowing these invisible rules. I've always assumed a borg could defend itself. I've been killed my plenty of asimov borgs in the past as a human because sec tells them I'm a traitor. Should I have ahelped these in the past? How do I know they are or arnt asimov without inadvertantly OOCing through an ahelp? Arn't we an lrp server that at the end of the day just wants to collect valids and socialize? I did not seek out the valid, it appeared before me and I clicked a man who had far more tools than I with only the understanding of what's written on paper, not the "spirit of things".
References of good conduct: I'd hope with all the time I've spent on Basil that the admins there would vouch for my character to the sybilmins, who seem to be the only ones who have noted me.
Request of resolution: I'd like to pose a question. If the actual extent of the lawset isnt in the rules themselves, but on a wiki that caveats what's written in-game, how new player friendly it is to assume that everyone who plays this game will sift though the entire wiki to read it? There are still mechanics in this game I'm not familiar with, but in other jobs I can do everything perfectly due to total memorization, megafauna without taking a single point of damage. Every item and tile spawn location on box is ingrained into my memory. I've been recently trying to get into bartender drink healing and fancy cooking. Can you not hit me with a permanent mark of disapproval before I get to the machines? Should my robustness in a single moment of triumph be punished harsher than all the law breaking thing silicon players do every single round that goes unnoticed simply due to their minute nature?
Last edited by BunnyHoppin on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [<VirtualJohn/Dezupher>] BunnyHoppin - Notes correcting

Post by Virtual John » #567279

Hey gamer. I dont mean to bust your balls, what with the amount of time and effort you put into this appeal obviously... but you can only appeal one note per appeal, especially considering the two notes are from two different admins.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Re: [<VirtualJohn/Dezupher>] BunnyHoppin - Notes correcting

Post by TWATICUS » #567371

What virtualjohn said. Please make an appeal for each note separately. Also if you could space the paragraph a little next time, the wall of text is terrible to read through.
ImageImageImage