StockPhotos
Byond Username: StockPhotos

[Thunder12345] StockPhotos - Ban Appeal

Post by StockPhotos » #571543

BYOND account: StockPhotos
Character name: Ismael Wilkenstien
Ban type: Server Temporary
Ban length: 3 Days
Ban reason: You have been banned by Thunder12345 from the server.
Reason: As cook in round 143576, poisoned the food with plasma and mutagen, then killed and gibbed two people who broke into the kitchen to try and stop him.
This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 3 days. The round ID is 143579
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-05 08:12:05 during round ID 143579
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round was in 143576 but was banned in round 143597
Your side of the story: I will start by saying I wanted to have an entertaining round, I realized in the previous round I was able to make condiment bottles with various reagents and started by juicing donk pockets. I realized I could take chemicals from medbay and use them on my food for a good laugh. I went to chemist's area and found it empty, so I asked the ai to let me in and he did. I found a beaker and filled it with Mutagen, and then took the plasma that was in the room. I went back to the kitchen and bottled my new items. The Bartender noticed that a glass of mutagen was sitting on the food prep area and radio'd out that i was poisoning the food. Two people ( i think one was a cargo tech and the other was probably an assistant, not sure) broke into the kitchen. they started beating me (not shoving) in an attempt to murder me instead of subduing me (escalation). I was able to kill one of them in self defense in an unfair fight before I luckily got away due to a cleansed shade and I ran to med bay in an attempt to get my wounds patched up and to put distance between myself and the attackers. The one alive player (I believe another person assisted him at this point as well) pursued and his cohorts body was dragged to medbay as well (not sure who dragged him there.) He again attempted to attack me and my chef coworker noticed and defended me and he ended up killing one of them I believe. Chaplain healed me with his bible, and then we decided that we would take the bodies to the back room seeing as they had pursued me, and most likely would not stop doing so. We gibbed them, shoved their items and meat into the freezer and went back to work. Right as we went back to work we had a verbal exchange with the bartender who threatened to lynch us for "defending ourselves and preventing two relentless assailants from continuing to attack us" (the entire situation would have played out entirely differently if any law had detained me. I had called for them multiple times for assistance and I would have been punished IC for the total of 5u of mutagen and 5u of plasma in food that nobody ate). the bartender came and threw the food away. An explosion in my kitchen occured, putting me into critical condition. Korol (an antag masquerading as a sec officer ((Bragged about it in OOC at round end)) finished me off and threw me in trash, ending my round as Ismael, disposing of my body where nobody would find it). I finished my round as a golem.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While I understand that this is a temporary ban for three days, I will note that it will reflect on me in the future in my notes if anything else happens, and the believe the ban note is inaccurate. I want to fully explain here my side of the story as I feel the responding admin deliberately ignored my final response, and mere moments later I was met with a ban, seemingly predetermined. I feel like the rules of escalation were violated in this instance. I wronged nobody because nobody ate my food. the only time it was touched was when it was thrown away by the bartender after it had been sitting out for about 10 minutes. The people who attacked me were not wronged by me. I had not harmed them, they had not eaten my food and had no reason to try to break into my work space and attack me (not subduing me, attempting to murder me). I called to sec at the time and they did not respond, the assailants should have called sec as well as they were not the law, and it was not their job to take the law into their own hands and had escalated by attempted to lynch me. I only gibbed them after repeated lynching attempts and threats, and I thought there were no other options.

References of good conduct: I have played on this server for many hours, and the only time I have been warned was due to a misunderstanding. I really enjoy playing here and I would not want this to reflect in my notes in the future, as I feel that the ban note was not accurate and were incredibly vague. I have attempted to be as detailed as I can be to accurately display my side of the story as possible. I know it was a long read but I appreciate your time, because it means a lot to me.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] StockPhotos - Ban Appeal

Post by Thunder11 » #571577

You put poison in the food, people came after you for it, and you took this as justification to permanently remove them from the round. When you decide to antagonise the entire crew through your actions, you open yourself up to people responding to that. Proceeding to gib anyone who comes after you for behaving like a mass poisoning antagonist is killbaiting, and you got banned for it. Denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578